BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 09:23 AM   #1
wayneholbrook
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
PIN: 20D214AB
Carrier: AT&T
Default Help! I can't make up my mind. Like a spoiled child.

Please Login to Remove!

Since I cant make up my mind for my self, I need to rely on all you guys to help me out. Ive been a member here for years and love the info this site gives from everyone. So here goes:

I have been a BB user since they first came out. When the iphone came out I of course bought one, and since then ive been going back and forth between the two devices but now I mostly use the iphone.

The iphone pro's are the great web browser, so many applications, ipod, google maps, the great aroundme application and more. All in one device. The con: No exceptions / profiles, no spell check, and the biggie; no keyboard.

The BB: I just got a 9700 yesterday and love everything about the device, it fits the hand perfectly. I dont think i need to list the pro's and con's about the BB, everyone on this site knows them.

The issue is I can't make up my freaking mind on what device to stay with. I dont want to carry two devices. I think that is just being spoiled. Decissions decissions.....and damn it I cant make one here. So help me for god sake finally make one!
Old 10-21-2009, 09:31 AM   #2
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Use the device that suits YOUR needs the most. You will probably get biased results here, but in the end, YOU'RE the only one that knows what YOU want out of a device.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Old 10-21-2009, 11:41 AM   #3
bossfan61
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A

I'm going back and forth on a daily (if not hourly) basis, too. Storm 2? iPhone? BlackBerry with QWERTY/trackpad? I just keep reading the various phone blogs and forums, constantly update a pros/cons sheet I made for each phone I'm considering and, sometime soon, I'll buy one of them.

I've been with Sprint for several years, and I'll be a "free agent" in 2 weeks. My gut tells me if they announced their version of a Bold 9700, I'd grab it and call it a day.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:07 PM   #4
fkjr2
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9550
Carrier: ATT

do you want a glorified Ipod with web browser or a solid power user device?

I've been there - once the novelty wears off you will wish you chose the BB
Old 10-21-2009, 08:25 PM   #5
wayneholbrook

If you have had the luxury of owning both the iphone and the BB you can see the dellema im in. But i cant keep this up. I have to make a final decison. Damn why cant the BB get a better browser!
Old 10-21-2009, 08:36 PM   #6
fkjr2
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9550
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneholbrook View Post
If you have had the luxury of owning both the iphone and the BB you can see the dellema im in. But i cant keep this up. I have to make a final decison. Damn why cant the BB get a better browser!
you keep that up and you will go blind
Besides web is for Desktop PC's
Old 10-21-2009, 09:07 PM   #7
wayneholbrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
you keep that up and you will go blind
Besides web is for Desktop PC's
GOOD POINT!
Old 10-22-2009, 01:10 AM   #8
bossfan61
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneholbrook View Post
I might be in the minority here, but I don't have any problem with the BB browser. It renders pages well, never crashes and does what it needs to do on a 320 x 240 Curve screen. Sure, I wish it loaded faster but, after all, it's just a phone! Of course, my opinion is subject to change once I see it on a Bold or Storm 2.

Have you tried Opera Mini?
Old 10-22-2009, 05:44 AM   #9
walds11
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 3GS
Carrier: at&t

I am in the same boat. I had a BB for about 3 1/2 years and switched from an 8900 to an iPhone 3GS in June. I had a Pearl prior to the 8900. I returned the 8900 within the 30 day hassle free return window. The touchscreen is great for browsing, apps, games and a few other things, but is not that great for typing emails in my opinion. I miss the full QWERTY keyboard. If BB could come close to the iPhone's Safari browser and customization, I would jump back in an instant. The killer browsing experience on the iPhone is the only thing that could hold me from going back to BB. I do tons of browsing on my iPhone. I guess the BB browser is just ok and the Safari browser is great. I also miss the LED light, true push email, multi-tasking and a few other minor things, but they are a big deal to me. These are some reasons why I would go back. The 9700 looks like the best BB yet.

My plan is to give the 9700 a shot. AT&T has a 30 day hassle free return policy. And it does not make sense to sell my iPhone 3GS because I only paid $199 for it and it would cost me a heck of a lot more to buy another one unless I was elgible for an upgrade.
Closed Thread