BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 05:51 PM   #1
BHA
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Thumbs down Roblock/Vapssky - HUGE problem!

Please Login to Remove!

Hello all,

Just wanted to post this to serve as a warning to others...

I signed up for Roblock (now called Vapssky) in October 2008. Found out afterwards (since it is not clearly mentioned on their website...) that I require a data plan to use the Roblock software. As it uses text messages and I could load the application from my desktop loader, I didn't realize that it needed a data plan to communicate!

Emailed them and asked that my account be closed and a refund be issued to my Paypal account. This went on from Oct/08-Jan/09 at which point I gave up. They just blew me off and never responded to any more of my emails, so I didn't both pursuing it. Never got a refund.

I now have a data plan and figured I'd give their service a shot the other day. Found that my account still exists and I can login and sync with my phone just fine. But it won't accept my license key and says my 3-day trial is expired.

So I emailed them OVER a week ago to ask them to re-enable the software/license key that I paid for. Haven't heard a thing.

I realize it is too late to do a Paypal chargeback (actually I think they strung me along until it was too late, before starting to ignore me.. so I never really had a shot at getting my money back) but I am out of options. .they took my money and ran, while disabling the software.

I'd love to use the service, but I'm pissed that they pulled something like this. Just wanted to warn others to NOT use Dexmobile/Roblock/Vapssky.. they took my money and left me hanging without so much as a response via email.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS! THEY ARE SCAM ARTISTS!
Old 06-15-2009, 06:59 PM   #2
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile

Well, I don't have a dog in this fight, but it seems to me that we have some issues beyond your assertion that they are scam artists. While I agree with you that they should have refunded your money right from the get go, simply to avoid any bad publicity -- don't you think you have just a tad bit of responsibility by virtue of having done a poor job of researching the product initially? Consider that as an possible option as well.

However, you certainly have your right to a rant -- which is where i suggest the mods move this.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:02 PM   #3
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Moved a to a more appropriate section

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 06-16-2009, 07:55 AM   #4
BHA
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

Thanks for moving this to a more appropriate section.. wasn't sure exactly where to post it.

DJM2, yes, I agree that there was probably more I could have done to make sure their software worked for me, but I did all of the possible due diligence that would seem appropriate.. I reviewed their web site, read the PDF manual, and looked through the tech support section of their site. I didn't notice anything that would prevent me from using the software.

It looked like an application that uses SMS/email to communicate to and from my BB, so I can't see why it requires a full data plan. Apparently it does, and that is where I ran into the problem.

In any case, I am quite surprised that this didn't result in either:
a)an answer better than "sorry, requires a data plan.. too bad for you", or
b)a refund

If I were running a business, I would be concerned that my customers knew clearly that it required a data plan (because it isn't obvious) and either place a clear note somewhere on the website saying so, or be willing to provide a refund to the few people in a situation like me.

I don't see how a company can take your money, then suspend a license key and not provide a refund!

Am I being completely unreasonable asking for either a working piece of software or my money back? Or at bare minimum, some kind of response to my emails?

Anyway, just wanted to warn others... I'm not telling anyone what to do, but keep my experience in mind when you make your decision to deal with this organization.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:08 AM   #5
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile

Like I said in my first post -- I would have handled it differently.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:32 AM   #6
pshift
CrackBerry Addict

Model: ...
PIN: N/A. Went To Android!
Carrier: Busy Signal :)

How about a web address for those of us too lazy to use google?
Old 06-16-2009, 04:37 PM   #7
Johnny909
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8310
PIN: Worms
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshift View Post
How about a web address for those of us too lazy to use google?
This is the web site of Dexterous Infoway Pvt Ltd
Our postal address is
39/24, Warren Road, Mylapore.
Chennai. Tamilnadu. 600004

We can be reached via e-mail at [email address] or you can reach us by telephone at +919940366333

Innovative Mobile Softwares For Business and Individuals - The VAPSSKY

Good Hunting
Old 06-17-2009, 12:31 AM   #8
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

Model: 1
Carrier: 1

their customer service isnt the greatest by email, but i have no issues when i called them.

and they should make it more clear about the data plan and text message thing.

however they have save me from losing my phone many time with their "lock with alarm" feature.

they are NOT scam artists, but just lack customer service
Closed Thread