Old 05-12-2011, 01:00 PM   #1
smoothadmin
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9860
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada
Default Pen for PB

Please Login to Remove!

My boss picked up a pen that transfers your touch energy to the tip of it that Apple makes (or is sold in an Apple store) that works with the playbook.

Has anyone heard anything about this?

A.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:36 PM   #2
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: Pen for PB

Apple doesn't make a stylus for their iOS products, and likely never will. Plus, what on earth do you mean "transfers your touch energy to the tip of it?" Did your boss show you this magical device? Are you, perhaps, referring to one of the styli found on this page:

Apple - Accessibility - Resources - Accessibility Solutions for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:48 PM   #3
smoothadmin
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9860
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Virgin Mobile Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
Apple doesn't make a stylus for their iOS products, and likely never will. Plus, what on earth do you mean "transfers your touch energy to the tip of it?" Did your boss show you this magical device? Are you, perhaps, referring to one of the styli found on this page:

Apple - Accessibility - Resources - Accessibility Solutions for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
You can't just take any pen and draw on your playbook. Try it... You will see doesn't work. It only works when you put you finger against the screen.

I don't know about the styli I will have double check with him when he's back from his conference next week.

A
Old 05-12-2011, 02:20 PM   #4
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S
Carrier: Verizon

Er... yeah, I'm fully aware of how capacitive touch screens work. I've just never heard of a stylus that "transfers your touch energy to the tip of it."

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:52 AM   #5
ajstan99
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9810
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonline View Post
Er... yeah, I'm fully aware of how capacitive touch screens work. I've just never heard of a stylus that "transfers your touch energy to the tip of it."
Yes, a capacitive stylus conducts energy between the screen and your hand.

I regularly use a Boxwave capacitive stylus on the iPad; however, I've found that too much pressure is required to use it effectively on the Playbook. Maybe a different model would be more effective.

Here are some examples:

Amazon.com: boxwave stylus

Hope this helps.
Closed Thread