Old 10-30-2007, 06:19 PM   #21
BallHawk3
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
$39.00 a month for unlimited data is hardly overboard.
Actually is a great price considering its unlimited and gives you unlimited teathering. You can't beat $39.99.

For someone who use tethering, it might be expensive.

Also I dunno if they are still doing it, but theres an attachable feature to the blackberry plan which gives you unlimited text messaging for an extra $5/mo. So thats $44.99/mo fo unlimtied data, tethering and text messaging!

For me, I got t-mobile and i'm playing $20/mo for BIS and unlimited text $15/mo. But looks like that new sprint plan has me beat.

Last edited by BallHawk3; 10-30-2007 at 06:24 PM..
Old 10-30-2007, 08:18 PM   #22
rjansen3
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

I happened to stumble upon this article today, called Sprint, they have no knowledge as of yet, but the guy I talked to was a moron who barely spoke English.

Sprint Coming Out With New BlackBerry Data Plans | RIMarkable | The official, unofficial BlackBerry Weblog

Motorola i710 , i730 , i860 , i930
7100i , 8830 , 8330
Old 10-30-2007, 08:46 PM   #23
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjansen3 View Post
I happened to stumble upon this article today, called Sprint, they have no knowledge as of yet, but the guy I talked to was a moron who barely spoke English.

Sprint Coming Out With New BlackBerry Data Plans | RIMarkable | The official, unofficial BlackBerry Weblog
CS reps are mindless drones who know nothing, except what is written on their scripts. Since this plan is not available yet, it would be doubtful any of these mindless morons would have any knowledge of it. And this is true of most CS, not just Sprint.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:51 PM   #24
rjansen3

Model: 8330
Default Hey now.

Quote:
And this is true of most CS, not just Sprint.
At first, I took offense, as I work for Customer Assistance at American Tv and Appliance in Wisconsin. Then I realized your right, and that I am the manager in control of the mindless drones. HAHA!

Motorola i710 , i730 , i860 , i930
7100i , 8830 , 8330

Last edited by rjansen3; 10-30-2007 at 08:54 PM..
Old 10-30-2007, 10:27 PM   #25
AlexKidd

Model: 8300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ▪T▪▪▪Mobile▪

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallHawk3 View Post
For me, I got t-mobile and i'm playing $20/mo for BIS and unlimited text $15/mo. But looks like that new sprint plan has me beat.
It's a better deal only if you don't need tethering or BES. The new Sprint $30 plan doesn't include BES.

--Kidd
Old 10-31-2007, 08:59 AM   #26
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexKidd View Post
It's a better deal only if you don't need tethering or BES. The new Sprint $30 plan doesn't include BES.

--Kidd
Kind of the whole point of the new plan. To bring BB services to the consumer who doesn't need those services. For those that do, that older plans will still work fine at a reasonable price.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:14 AM   #27
AlexKidd

Quote:
Kind of the whole point of the new plan. To bring BB services to the consumer who doesn't need those services. For those that do, that older plans will still work fine at a reasonable price.
I don't really like that they force you to pay for the SMS though. T-Mobile allows has the same setup for only $20, plus they don't freak if you tether your laptop. Tethering is far more important than SMS to me, so I just go with the $20 BB Data and $5 400 message SMS pack on T-Mobile - comes out to less and gives me everything I need.

--Kidd
Old 10-31-2007, 09:18 AM   #28
Addicted123
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Quote:
I don't really like that they force you to pay for the SMS though. T-Mobile allows has the same setup for only $20, plus they don't freak if you tether your laptop. Tethering is far more important than SMS to me, so I just go with the $20 BB Data and $5 400 message SMS pack on T-Mobile - comes out to less and gives me everything I need.

--Kidd
Pardom the dumb question from a newbie, but I did some google searches and found that tethering allows you to use your phone as a modem. What's the big advantage of this? Wouldn't you prefer and don't most people have DSL and cable modems already installed in their house that I'm sure will give a much better and faster connection? What's the major advantage of tethering? Thanks.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:52 AM   #29
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted123 View Post
Pardom the dumb question from a newbie, but I did some google searches and found that tethering allows you to use your phone as a modem. What's the big advantage of this? Wouldn't you prefer and don't most people have DSL and cable modems already installed in their house that I'm sure will give a much better and faster connection? What's the major advantage of tethering? Thanks.
Having internet access on the road. You can plug your laptop into your BB and have access. Sure you can surf on your BB, but a full size screen beats the tiny and limited BB. Its more of a business user feature and it makes perfect sense to drop it from the consumer oriented plan that Sprint is going to introduce.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:56 AM   #30
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:

--Kidd
Again, its a consumer plan. Non business consumers, for the most part, don't use tethering, but do use SMS and a lot of it along with Sprint TV and access to the music store. The standard BB plan has tethering and doesn't have SMS or all the other consumer goodies. I can't understand what the big deal is. 2 plans for 2 different types of users.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:06 PM   #31
AlexKidd

Quote:
Again, its a consumer plan. Non business consumers, for the most part, don't use tethering, but do use SMS and a lot of it along with Sprint TV and access to the music store. The standard BB plan has tethering and doesn't have SMS or all the other consumer goodies. I can't understand what the big deal is. 2 plans for 2 different types of users.
Supposedly the other plan is targetting businesses - well that's fine and well. I'm just saying that the T-Mobile plan at $20 is 33% cheaper than Sprint and also allows tethering for business customers which means that business customers who don't need a BES server can easily get by with the BIS plan on T-Mobile for half the price of Sprint with tethering included.

--Kidd
Old 11-01-2007, 10:28 PM   #32
tony158828

Model: 8830
PIN: 3186AC4A

Quote:
Sprint * Holiday Promo* Blackberry plan and Unlimited Text $30 !!!!!!

Normally this package would run $50 a month for just the BlackBerry service and $15 a month for unlimited text messages!!!!! This saves you $35 a month!!!!

This should start around 11/4

Sprint Blackberry Pack: $30/Month

Includeds:
Blackberry Email (Receive mail from up to 10 different pop3/imap email addresses)
Unlimited Text Messaging
Unlimited Sprint Navigation (Turn by turn directions with sound)
Power Vision (Unlimited Data/Web ,Sprint TV, Music downloads)

Anyone who was considering jumping on the new BlackBerry Pearl 8130 that's being released this month this should easily seal the deal!!!
Somebody at Sprint deserves a pat on the back for this one!!!!

I got this email from a friend, check it out guys. I am trying to see if this will take place aswell for current BB users, not just new subscribers.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:34 PM   #33
NickB05

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony158828 View Post
I got this email from a friend, check it out guys. I am trying to see if this will take place aswell for current BB users, not just new subscribers.
This is true. I work at radio shack and we sell sprint and we just got the new sprint brochures in for the holidays starting the 4th of November. It was in there 30.00 and it showed everything it came with.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:16 PM   #34
ironike

Model: 8703e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted123 View Post

I tether everyday from home, since my broadband connection thru Comcast is currently on hiatus. Even with cable modem, i found it kind of redundant to be paying for it and the BB unlimited data plan. The speed while tethering is slower, but I don't do a lot of downloading, so I really don't notice it. If there is in fact a new Sprint data BB plan, I will pay the $30 and add the $15 to tether. This is only $5 more than the current Sprint data plan, and since I pay about $5 for only 300 SMS messages anyway, my bill will not be affected at all.

For people who use internet everyday, but not for computer industry purposes, or for up/downloading pics, video, music, etc., tethering as a regular connection may not be a bad idea. I'm mostly on for news and info, and might download text files and articles, so speed is no issue. If you're into tech stuff you already have broadband anyway. Either way, $30-$40 for unlimited data at sprint is cheap in my book.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:37 PM   #35
ja158948
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: 32CCDCF5
Carrier: sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2k6 View Post
Any idea if sprint has plans to revise the blackberry data rates?
Yes there are planning to change the rate. There are dropping it down to 30 and that will include unlimited text messaging as well. The only thing that you would have to pay more for if you use your business email another then that its a great deal. I work for sprint guys so if you have any questions just hit me up.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:12 PM   #36
AnthroMatt
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: 268B3F92
Carrier: at&t

I signed up for it yesterday. $30/mo sure beats what I was paying before. And you can add tethering for another $15.

Only complaint so far is the Sprint Navigation...it is not working. It keeps asking me to pay for 24 hrs or by the month.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:24 PM   #37
Chrscott22

Model: 9630

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthroMatt View Post
I signed up for it yesterday. $30/mo sure beats what I was paying before. And you can add tethering for another $15.

Only complaint so far is the Sprint Navigation...it is not working. It keeps asking me to pay for 24 hrs or by the month.
Keep us updated on if you get that fixed or not
Old 11-06-2007, 12:26 PM   #38
AnthroMatt
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrscott22 View Post
Keep us updated on if you get that fixed or not
Fixed!
Old 11-06-2007, 03:28 PM   #39
jvm102

Quote:
CS reps are mindless drones who know nothing, except what is written on their scripts. Since this plan is not available yet, it would be doubtful any of these mindless morons would have any knowledge of it. And this is true of most CS, not just Sprint.

I'm actually kind of depressed that someone would say this. i currently work customer service for sprint and i'm truly offended. i take time outside of my job to do research and read magazines and forums and blogs to stay on top of my game to make sure i'm giving people the most current and up-to-date info i possibly can. if you've had bad cs before i'm sorry but don't generalize one or two experiences for a whole company or for that matter, csr's as a whole.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:41 PM   #40
AnthroMatt
CrackBerry Addict

I sorta agree with jvm. I have worked in CS before (airline...another industry loved like wireless providers) and often it is not the reps that are at fault, it is the company for spending as little as possible to train and update the training of their employees.