Old 08-11-2009, 10:02 PM   #1
on1sony
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default STORM to HTC Touch Pro 2

Please Login to Remove!

Tomorrow i'm thinking of going to T-mobile to pick up the new Touch Pro 2 from HTC which will be released 10am tomorrow. I noticed i will be saving approximetly 50 dollars a month or 600 dollars a year from verizon to Tmobile. That alone is enough of a savings for me to switch! Apparently this new phone dosn't have any lags like the storm, and has much better response. e-mails are just as quick and the net is faster with a much better windows based os and browser.... i think rim is going downhill... the storm has been somewhat of a poor phone in my opinion. the 8130 pearl was a much better phone then the storm i think. It was more response and faster to type and navigate to a contact list. Anybody feel the same way?

My verizon bill right now is 191 a month including tax! that includes the unlimited calling and data plan with tethering ablilty (9.99), insurance, gps 9.99, 2.99 voice mail.. exc...

Saving 600 dollars a year by switching from verizon to tmobile!
Old 08-11-2009, 10:36 PM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Enjoy your new phone.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:13 AM   #3
lostman72
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by on1sony View Post
Tomorrow i'm thinking of going to T-mobile to pick up the new Touch Pro 2 from HTC which will be released 10am tomorrow. I noticed i will be saving approximetly 50 dollars a month or 600 dollars a year from verizon to Tmobile. That alone is enough of a savings for me to switch! Apparently this new phone dosn't have any lags like the storm, and has much better response. e-mails are just as quick and the net is faster with a much better windows based os and browser.... i think rim is going downhill... the storm has been somewhat of a poor phone in my opinion. the 8130 pearl was a much better phone then the storm i think. It was more response and faster to type and navigate to a contact list. Anybody feel the same way?

My verizon bill right now is 191 a month including tax! that includes the unlimited calling and data plan with tethering ablilty (9.99), insurance, gps 9.99, 2.99 voice mail.. exc...
Storm is a lot better phone than the HTC Pro 2. I can't tell you how I know but lets just say i have touched one a lot and I think you you are making a mistake. Also going from Verizon to T-mobile you might be in for a shock on coverage. You get what you pay for. Maybe you should wait for the Storm 2 or try a Tour? Well what ever you do good luck. PM me if you want more info on the phone. Also have you called Verizon and ask them to help you lower your bill? Do you real need unlimited? Well just my 2-cents again good luck
Old 08-12-2009, 06:31 PM   #4
diverbelow

Carrier: AT&T

Here are my 2 cents...

I agree with Iostman72 on the TMO coverage. My sister has TMO and she moves an inch she has no signal. Sure TMO prices are great, but I rather have coverage everwhere then spotty coverage.

I have a friend that got the new myTouch from TMO, but he was not too impressed with it, yes he was coming from a Blackberry Storm. Sure the Storm had a very rough start, like everyone knows and it was the same for the first G1 and iPhone. The second generations (minus the iPhone <-- my opinion) are far better then the first generations. Right now, my Storm is ROCKin' the leak 5.0.0.140 OS and it has been GREAT!! Sure there are couple if bugs but not stopping me from switching phones.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:44 AM   #5
kiemddao

Model: 8820
Carrier: Tmobile

HTC Touch Pro 2 for sure. No need to think. Rim need to put wifi and make the data plan works with gsm network. Plus the storm is a little too fat.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:15 AM   #6
lostman72
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiemddao View Post
HTC Touch Pro 2 for sure. No need to think. Rim need to put wifi and make the data plan works with gsm network. Plus the storm is a little too fat.
The HTC is a longer than the storm and feels heavy. Also a little thicker than the storm. The Storm 2 will have Wifi. All new smart phones should have Wifi. What I have been told this will now be a standard.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:26 PM   #7
Darkcrime

Model: 9350
Carrier: Verizon

That HTC phone isn't that good. A friend at work has it, he went to show it off and it was lagging like the blackberry did in the begining. I wasn't impressed. Honestly, with the latest software (besides my buttons semi-broke on the bottom, new one coming in on thursday) my phone is extremely fast. When I click something, it's either instant, or it's within a half a second. I've had some apps that messed with my phone (slowing it down/freezing) but that's not RIM's fault.

Good luck with that phone. I hope my buddy's was just a fluke.
Closed Thread