Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 04:25 PM   #181
flamerbeastie
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
PIN: N\A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Please Login to Remove!

So, have a friend that has this os on her phone. She has all the new features EXCEPT a video recorder........is that supposed to be in this OS or am I hallucinating?????

My roommate, with the 8100 with 4.5.0.52 has the recorder.....could this be an issue with her phone when she did the upgrade; maybe forgot to check a box.....or is this automatically installed?

Funny thing is she has the voice recorder........

Thanks!!

Verizon Wireless BIS. Tour 9630. v4.7.1.40
Old 07-29-2008, 04:27 PM   #182
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

The 8100 will NOT have a video recorder. The 8110, 8120, and 8130, I believe, DO have video recording capabilities. The 8100 doesn.t
Old 07-29-2008, 04:33 PM   #183
flamerbeastie
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: N\A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
The 8100 will NOT have a video recorder. The 8110, 8120, and 8130, I believe, DO have video recording capabilities. The 8100 doesn.t
Hmmmmm ok......I could have sworn the roomie had the video recorder.....I'll have to double check when I leave work....

Thanks John!!

Verizon Wireless BIS. Tour 9630. v4.7.1.40
Old 07-29-2008, 04:50 PM   #184
darkamikaze
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: 20d94251
Carrier: AT&T or Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamerbeastie View Post
Hmmmmm ok......I could have sworn the roomie had the video recorder.....I'll have to double check when I leave work....

Thanks John!!
poop no video recorder for 8100.. but atleast we get to color our pearls!
:( ...which is currently not working in the moment :[.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:02 PM   #185
Liladam
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t mobile

what were the bluetooth problems
Old 07-29-2008, 05:03 PM   #186
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Bluetooth connection drops, especially using bluetooth gps pucks. All working fine now.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:56 PM   #187
mvalpreda
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMobile

Not there again.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:10 PM   #188
Moonshadow
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8130
Carrier: TELUS

Wirelessly posted (8100 Pearl)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkamikaze
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamerbeastie

Thanks John!!

poop no video recorder for 8100.. but atleast we get to color our pearls!

:( ...which is currently not working in the moment :[.
Hmmmm! I think coloring your pearl, especially in public is illegal in 45 states and several civilized European countries!!

Telus - 8130 - BES/BIS

Last edited by Moonshadow; 07-29-2008 at 08:12 PM..
Old 07-29-2008, 09:31 PM   #189
dlpisgreat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl
Carrier: T-Mobile

Well, after a somewhat agonizing install, Here are my comments on 4.5

Overall, not bad, but I have a couple of applications that won't run.
Most importantly XM Radio does not work with 4.5. I have asked when, but it was just as customer service was closing for the night.
Google Maps download doesn't recognize the device as a 8100 but rather it says "Download Google Maps Version 2.2.2 on your BlackBerry 42"

I didn't see BB Maps installed, but maybe I didn't install the whole package.

Also, Password Keeper didn't install automatically, but that was, again, probably me.

I like the new sure type. Very nice and better at predicting the word.
Camera looks good. New Icon showing up next to the flash icon. Seems like a low light icon?

I guess it will take some getting used to, but the address list is always two lines.

Selecting Download Instant Messenger starts the browser, but then it comes back with the following:
"This application is only for the T-Mobile Blackberry Pearl 8100. The device you are using is not supported"

Probably why Google Maps doesn't recognize the device.

BTW, this is an 8100 Device.

There is an GPS option under Settings > Advanced Options, but when paired up to my puck, it didn't show any coordinates.

The GPSed program did work under 4.5 even though the download said it wouldn't. Seemed to track ok.

Opera Mini seemed ok, but the Phone Browser had some work done and navigates pretty good. Maybe no need for Mini now.

Anyway, I'm going back to 4.2 so I can have my XM and other apps work.

Sorry, not ready for this yet.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:59 PM   #190
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlpisgreat View Post
Well, after a somewhat agonizing install, Here are my comments on 4.5

Overall, not bad, but I have a couple of applications that won't run.
Most importantly XM Radio does not work with 4.5. I have asked when, but it was just as customer service was closing for the night.
Did you install Documents To Go? Many 3rd party apps throw errors when DTG is not installed.

Quote:
Google Maps download doesn't recognize the device as a 8100 but rather it says "Download Google Maps Version 2.2.2 on your BlackBerry 42"
This is normal. In fact, you get an even newer version that I knew was out. 2.2.1 was the newest version. Sounds like 2.2.2 is out.

Quote:
I didn't see BB Maps installed, but maybe I didn't install the whole package.
If you checked the box in apploader for BBMaps then you need the service books. Resend service books by going to Options >Advanced Options >Host Routing Table >Menu Key >Register Now.

Quote:
Also, Password Keeper didn't install automatically, but that was, again, probably me.
Again, you have to make sure the box is checked for password keeper in apploader.

Quote:
Camera looks good. New Icon showing up next to the flash icon. Seems like a low light icon?
If it's the sun looking icon with an "!" in it then yes, that's a low light indicator.

Quote:
I guess it will take some getting used to, but the address list is always two lines.
yep, you'll get used to that. No way to change it.

Quote:
Selecting Download Instant Messenger starts the browser, but then it comes back with the following:
"This application is only for the T-Mobile Blackberry Pearl 8100. The device you are using is not supported"
Try JiveTalk. Best $30 you'll ever spend.

BTW, this is an 8100 Device.

Quote:
There is an GPS option under Settings > Advanced Options, but when paired up to my puck, it didn't show any coordinates.
Go to Options >Bluetooth. Chose your device and then hit the menu key and select "device properties." Then hit menu and select "refresh services." Make sure your BT puck is on and picking up satelite signal when you do this. Then go back to the GPS option under settings and do a refresh of the gps.

Quote:
Anyway, I'm going back to 4.2 so I can have my XM and other apps work.
Try the above first.

Quote:
Sorry, not ready for this yet.
Most of it should work. I don't know for sure about your XM radio but give the Docs To go option a try first.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:23 AM   #191
GDhuyvetter

Carrier: Cingular
Default Audio Boost Redux

Still hoping someone can help me with the volume issue.
Thanks
Old 07-30-2008, 11:22 AM   #192
mattmcl

I'm up and running as well.

The OS install blew my SIM card, but it was very old and free to replace anyway.

I really like the new type and the new browser- much easier to read and use, and more web-like.

Two things though- I can't download Google Maps. I keep getting a 404 Page Not Found error. Does anyone have a working link?

Also, I was using the browser at work. Our corporate network uses WebSense to block inappropriate web sites. While surfing on the blackberry, I hit a page that my company's WebSense policy blocked. This has never happened before. I can only guess that the blackberry started using the corporate wifi- I wasn't aware this was possible.

Anyway, thanks for posting all this info, I'm very happy with the upgrade.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:28 PM   #193
dayronp

Carrier: tmobile

well i installed this new firmware in my 8100 and everything seems fine until i put in the media card. i have a 4gb micro - hc media card and there seems to be a problem with the firmware reading the media card because it just keeps on restarting if i leave it in. i tried to put in a 1gb micro that i also had and there was no problem there. has anyone had this type of problem with this firmware? everything works great besides that, moodio internet radio is a big plus in using this new firmware. i was able to listen to the radio for a long time with no problem. the downside is that it can only be played through the speaker and not through headphones.

Has anyone else had the same problem with the HC micro cards? please help.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:35 PM   #194
dlpisgreat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Documents to Go - Looks nice. Its nice to be able to look at Excel / Word documents. It would be nice if the Redirector would send them, but I will try to see if I can forward a redirected msg from the phone to a BIS acct.

I got the other stuff installed.

Apparently, XM works on 4.5. Just have to have build 16, which I am working with XM support to get. It updated in place on OS 4.2 from build 15, but the OTA install must still be build 15. Will update once I find out how or if they updated the install.

That is cool about the GPS location. There was an option in the photos to GEOTAG the picture.

The Iphone theme works well
Old 07-30-2008, 12:38 PM   #195
dlpisgreat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayronp View Post
well i installed this new firmware in my 8100 and everything seems fine until i put in the media card. i have a 4gb micro - hc media card and there seems to be a problem with the firmware reading the media card because it just keeps on restarting if i leave it in. i tried to put in a 1gb micro that i also had and there was no problem there. has anyone had this type of problem with this firmware? everything works great besides that, moodio internet radio is a big plus in using this new firmware. i was able to listen to the radio for a long time with no problem. the downside is that it can only be played through the speaker and not through headphones.

Has anyone else had the same problem with the HC micro cards? please help.
This has been talked about. You have to access your memory card on a device other than your phone and delete the BBTHUMBS.DAT file that is all over the card. This file is hidden, so be sure to check the box to look for Hidden and System files.

You may be able to place that card back into your phone and it will be ok.

Some have talked about formatting the card.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:57 PM   #196
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Something on the card doesn't agree with OS 4.5.

backup all your data and then reformat the card. Then move just the files back one folder at a time. Sometimes removing the .dat files will fix it and other times it's a file conflicting (usually a video file but can be a music file or picture file, as well.)
Old 07-30-2008, 01:40 PM   #197
strike2tamu
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
Something on the card doesn't agree with OS 4.5.

backup all your data and then reformat the card. Then move just the files back one folder at a time. Sometimes removing the .dat files will fix it and other times it's a file conflicting (usually a video file but can be a music file or picture file, as well.)
This has worked for me so far w/ each version of 4.5 I installed.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:52 PM   #198
howlingthunder
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Sprint

OS works perfect in every way - except it jacked up my TMO myFaves. Won't refresh. Anyone else?
Old 07-30-2008, 10:07 PM   #199
syee

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers
Default Message indicator stuck on?

Has anyone noticed their message indicator (the red LED) stuck on after they get a message? Normally, I'll get a message, and the red LED flashes. After you review it, the flashing should stop and go away. Instead, after the new firmware upgrade, it stays on solid, and doesn't shut off unless I power off/on the unit.

Anyone had a similar experience?
Old 07-30-2008, 10:38 PM   #200
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by syee View Post
Has anyone noticed their message indicator (the red LED) stuck on after they get a message? Normally, I'll get a message, and the red LED flashes. After you review it, the flashing should stop and go away. Instead, after the new firmware upgrade, it stays on solid, and doesn't shut off unless I power off/on the unit.

Anyone had a similar experience?
Remove ColorPearl or any trackball color programs you have on the device. That will fix the led issue.
Closed Thread