Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 08:46 AM   #81
ChezDigital
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: VZW

Please Login to Remove!

emacf1: It's very nice to see someone build a slick, useful application and being so dedicated to smoothing out the edges and prioritizing bug fixes and user needs/concerns in its early stages. I like your penchant for documentation and release notes as well. Hopefully others will follow your examples.

Local User Directory? All I see are SDCard, System, and Store. I cannot seem to access my local user directory using your application. I'm sure this is my own shortcoming, so could you possibly tell me what I'm missing that is probably right in front of my face?

Move/Cut? Am I looking so hard that I can blame that for not being able to find the "Move" option in BBScout in my Storm 9530, that is so prevalent in your screenshots? I'm trying to organize files within my SDCard.

Lastly, is there a multi-select feature?

Thanks, and keep up your good work!
Old 03-11-2009, 10:21 AM   #82
fkjr2
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9550
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by emacf1 View Post
I am implementing it just right now
thank you - that change would make this app great - now it just goes to the pdf application without opening the file - would be nice to have your app auto open every file including images and then go back to BBFile Scout instead of going to the 3rd party software.

Thanks again!
Old 03-11-2009, 12:54 PM   #83
emacf1
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9500
Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezDigital View Post
Local User Directory? All I see are SDCard, System, and Store. I cannot seem to access my local user directory using your application. I'm sure this is my own shortcoming, so could you possibly tell me what I'm missing that is probably right in front of my face?
should be something like: '/store/home/user'

Quote:
Move/Cut? Am I looking so hard that I can blame that for not being able to find the "Move" option in BBScout in my Storm 9530, that is so prevalent in your screenshots? I'm trying to organize files within my SDCard.
... before you can move or copy you need to add a file (or selection) to the 'Stack' - the menu item is called:

Store 'CUR_SELECTION' on Stack

Quote:
Lastly, is there a multi-select feature?
Yes there is - use the "space" key (first "show keyboard" on a Storm device) to add the current File to the selection (see the screen shots at the bbfilescout homepage)

I hope that helps

Last edited by emacf1; 03-11-2009 at 01:32 PM..
Old 03-11-2009, 02:52 PM   #84
emacf1

BBFileScout update to 0.5.1

What's new?
  • Complete new implementation of content handlers - BBFileScout now makes use of the (pre-)registered document handlers - when a app register itslf for a specify file extension BBFileScout now can read this association and launch the registered app [this implies, that installed PDF readers will now instantly work with BBFileScout]
  • additional options:
    • Use the BBFileScout build-in text viewer/editor (default ON)
    • Use the BBFileScout build-in ZIP handler (default ON)
    • Force BB media content handler for images, audio & video files (default OFF)

Installation & Update
You will find the download link (incl. OTA) at the BBFileScout Homepage

Once again: Deleting or renaming os relevant files from your Blackberry can harm the core functionality of the device - use this function at your own risk! - Don't blame me, if you have bricked your BB.

Matthias
Old 03-11-2009, 02:58 PM   #85
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Thumbs up

Another EXCELLENT update! BBFileScout now launches PDF documents directly into RepliGo Reader with no special association, and opening a JAD file now initiates the installer!

Please explain the new option "Force BB media content handler for images, audio & video files (default OFF)"

Thanks!
Old 03-11-2009, 03:23 PM   #86
emacf1

Quote:
Originally Posted by visortgw View Post
Please explain the new option "Force BB media content handler for images, audio & video files (default OFF)"
In another forum it was reported that the files mp3, mp4 and 3gp could not be launched... I am not sure yet, what could cause this - if it's already fixed with the content handler impl - if NOT, then this "Force" option is another try to solve this problem...

Without this "Force" option the code let the device auto detect the content handler - with the "Force" option enabled the code will set the content handler to 'net.rim.bb.mediacontenthandler'

If you like to have more technically explanation - just give me a ring...

Matthias
Old 03-11-2009, 03:50 PM   #87
raja_3012

Model: iPhn4
Carrier: AT&T

This app is just getting better and better every release. I just do not miss FileManagerPro any more. I love BBFileScout.

Nokia 2100 > Nokia 6100 > Samsung t319 > Nokia 5300 > Blackberry 8320 > Blackberry 8900 > iPhone 3GS > iPhone 4
Old 03-11-2009, 04:03 PM   #88
PDM

Model: 9900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please be so generous and support the development of BBFileScout.

I hope ppl are supporting your great work and not just taking your generosity for granted!
Old 03-11-2009, 04:24 PM   #89
angrymic
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

This app is awesome. Thank you!
Old 03-11-2009, 06:56 PM   #90
fkjr2

Model: 9550
Carrier: ATT

hi - still no auto launch with latest version - thanks!
Old 03-11-2009, 07:45 PM   #91
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
hi - still no auto launch with latest version - thanks!
No auto-launch of which app(s)?!?
Old 03-12-2009, 12:03 AM   #92
Iare Tosevite
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
that's really a hard one - but just as confirmation when you see this exception Dialog there is no:

"ReadContent 'read' caused:"

or

"ReadContent 'byte2string' caused:"

right ?
Yeah. I posted entire content.

It seems rather stable now, I tried many stuff and most didn't crash. Some left a empty file though.

I managed to crash it by opening a file in text file. Otherwise its so much better.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:35 AM   #93
ChezDigital
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
should be something like: '/store/home/user'

... before you can move or copy you need to add a file (or selection) to the 'Stack' - the menu item is called:

--------------------------------

Store 'CUR_SELECTION' on Stack

--------------------------------

Yes there is - use the "space" key (first "show keyboard" on a Storm device) to add the current File to the selection (see the screen shots at the bbfilescout homepage)

I hope that helps
Thanks, very much so. It would be nice, however, if when copying/moving files to locations where those same filenames exist, the user was given a choice whether to replace it, rather than just an alert that they already exist, and to not replace it.

Example:

Source dir files:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Destination dir files:

1, ,2, 3, 4

If I attempt a move of all source dir files, 5 and 6 are moved, and alerts are displayed for 1-4, and those files remain in the source dir. I suggest an alert with a choice, and an optional result to delete duplicate source dir files.

Imagine that scenario with 15-20 files with filenames that aren't so similar. It makes it quite difficult to track those that were dupes and still existing in the source dir.

And...what are the chance of an Explorer/Folders view?

Thanks again, and keep it up!
Old 03-12-2009, 02:52 AM   #94
emacf1

Quote:
Thanks, very much so. It would be nice, however, if when copying/moving files to locations where those same filenames exist, the user was given a choice whether to replace it, rather than just an alert that they already exist, and to not replace it.
I would say this qualifies for a new Option - "auto rename if destination exist" - could you agree?

Quote:
And...what are the chance of an Explorer/Folders view?
sorry - could you explain this in detail - do you mean a tree view?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iare Tosevite View Post
It seems rather stable now, I tried many stuff and most didn't crash. Some left a empty file though.
so you mean even your ml file is now not causing a crash the complete app (but it still will not open/display anything) - correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iare Tosevite View Post
I managed to crash it by opening a file in text file. Otherwise its so much better.
or is this still the same - open your ml text file still cause a fatal crash ?

Matthias
Old 03-12-2009, 11:39 AM   #95
ChezDigital
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
I would say this qualifies for a new Option - "auto rename if destination exist" - could you agree?
Yes, or more preferably, "delete source file if destination file exists".

Quote:
sorry - could you explain this in detail - do you mean a tree view?
Yes...maybe that would default to a two-paned landscape view, as in Windows Explorer.

Thanks!
Old 03-12-2009, 11:59 AM   #96
ohad_129

Model: 9800
PIN: 237be374
Carrier: orange il

great app but why to delete a file i need to go to his original place insted of to delete it from bbfile scout
for instance i want to delete any file i open it then option and delete when i take the cohice delete and push it give me nothing
Old 03-12-2009, 12:14 PM   #97
ohad_129

Model: 9800
PIN: 237be374
Carrier: orange il

also when i made a change such as enabled use bb default email composer when i getting out its not saved is that a default?
Old 03-12-2009, 09:13 PM   #98
Iare Tosevite
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
so you mean even your ml file is now not causing a crash the complete app (but it still will not open/display anything) - correct?

or is this still the same - open your ml text file still cause a fatal crash ?

Matthias
I suspect the file is protected file, no program is allowed to open, read, modify or delete it. When I just clicked trackball to open it it shows this error dialog: "On your BB no content handler found for 'ml' files (null) I click ok. dialog closes and its it.

I hit menu when medialoader.ml is highlighted and select View 'medialoader.ml' (plain text) It shows same error as before ( Uncaught exeception: invalid initialValue ) and closes when I click ok.

Seems to me that your phone doesn't have access control for files so you can do stuff that I can't. Can you open ringtone as a text file? I tried and it crashed with same error.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:08 AM   #99
emacf1

Default traffic & webspace needed

obsolete

Last edited by emacf1; 03-14-2009 at 05:11 AM..
Old 03-14-2009, 11:13 AM   #100
emacf1

BBFileScout update to 0.5.2

What's new?
  • Auto rename/overwrite if a file already exist at the destination [of copy & move], this behavior is configurable via options
  • BBFileScout register itself as default content handler for '.INI', '.LOG' and '.XML' files [This allows you to open this files e.g. from eMail attachments directly in the BBFileScout SimpleTextViewer/Editor] (experimental)
  • additional options:
    • Default action when destination exist (default 'do nothing')

Bugfix
  • Hopfully the app does not crash anymore, if a unreadable file will be opened in the SimpleTextViewer/Editor

Installation & Update
You will find the download link (incl. OTA) at the BBFileScout Homepage

Once again: Deleting or renaming os relevant files from your Blackberry can harm the core functionality of the device - use this function at your own risk! - Don't blame me, if you have bricked your BB.

Matthias
Closed Thread