Old 01-06-2006, 02:38 PM   #1
lgreenberg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8310
PIN: 2453F457 OR 242B5C50
Carrier: Cingular
Default 8700c/r Fortte Leather case. Pictures inside

Please Login to Remove!

I received my all black Blackberry 8700c/r Fortte leather case today. So thought I get some images up for everyone to see.

My initial thoughts: I love it.

1. The case is beautiful.
2. The leather is nice.
3. I like the belt clip. As someone else mentioned earlier it does not ratchet, but swivels freely. It doesn't really bother me.
4. Removing the case from he clip is very easy.
5. Someone else also mentioned that the case sticks out farther on the belt than the OEM holster. I have to say, if it does, it's not by much. It feels very slim on the belt to me.

FYI, it does have a magnet and it does work with the 8700.

Anyway, here are some photos. I'll be happy to answer anything I can about the case.

I ordered the vertical version. It's so nice I've placed a second order for the same case in another color.

Last edited by lgreenberg; 01-06-2006 at 02:47 PM..
Old 01-06-2006, 03:09 PM   #2
trstack
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T

I got the Forte case yesterday. Love the quality, hate the belt clip. It's WAY TOO BIG. I feel like I have a brick strapped to my belt - in size, not weight. Put a smaller ratchet clip on it like my leather 7290 OEM case and I'd be a happy camper.

If that size belt clip won't bother you, it's a beautiful case.

I'm looking at the Gizmo Skin case now.

http://www.gizmoskin.com/8700.htm
Old 01-06-2006, 03:13 PM   #3
lgreenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by trstack
I got the Forte case yesterday. Love the quality, hate the belt clip. It's WAY TOO BIG. I feel like I have a brick strapped to my belt - in size, not weight. Put a smaller ratchet clip on it like my leather 7290 OEM case and I'd be a happy camper.

If that size belt clip won't bother you, it's a beautiful case.

I'm looking at the Gizmo Skin case now.

I have the Gizmoskin case as well but just don't trust the belt clip.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:29 PM   #4
Lex Luthor

Model: 9800
Carrier: xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;

That's a nice lookin' case. Thanks for posting the pics.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:09 PM   #5
mikester
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Rogers

I've only had a blackberry for less than a week now. I have a few questions.
1) Is holster that the BB comes with not safe?
2) If the case is safer does it muffle the sound of the ringer and do you steel feel the vibration as well?
3) If you order the case without the clip does it come with a belt loop or nothing at all?
4) Is the the flap attached with a snap or magnet?
Old 01-06-2006, 05:43 PM   #6
lgreenberg

1. Some people don't seem to think so. Several people have had the device pop out of the holster and fall to the ground. Personally I've never had a problem with it but it's always in the back of my mind. I always find myself checking to make sure my BB is properly in the holster so that it doesn't go anywhere. I think I'll feel more at ease with this case on my hip.

2. The case is definetly more secure. It probably muffles the sound slightly and yes you still feel it vibrating on your hip. The strength is surely a little less but I don't have an issue feeling it. What's really good about a case (in my opinion) is if, by chance, your BB does fall off your belt it's protected. If it pops out of the holster and falls to the ground there's nothing to pad it. If it's in the case and the case falls to the ground you'll be somewhat protected.

3. No clip means nothing on the back.

4. The flap closes with a magnet.

Last edited by lgreenberg; 01-06-2006 at 05:45 PM..
Old 01-06-2006, 05:54 PM   #7
mikester
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks for the reply. I'm on construction sites and have always had my pocket PC in a case with a swivel clip (Vaja iValution). I had a leather case with a magnetic flap for my phone and I loved it. I think I'll try the Forte cuz I don't think anything will be comming soon from Vaja.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:03 PM   #8
lgreenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikester
I'm on construction sites
You might want to look at the "Rugged Blackberry Case" I posted about here:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=22170

I got it from www.blackberrystuff.com

Old 01-11-2006, 10:09 PM   #9
mikester
Thumbs Must Hurt

Well, I just ordered the Fortte case like the one above.

Two reasons; 1) The clip is strong and even if it sticks out a bit it just leaves more room for bending and love handles. I'm used to wearing a swivel clip cuz that's what I've been using the last couple of years with my pocket PC.
2)The shape of the case leaves no outside sewn edge on the front, so it will be less likely to catch on things you brush by.

Thanks again for the pics Igreenberg.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:18 AM   #10
mriff
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: iPhon
PIN: High
Carrier: Verizon

I called Monday. They are currently out of the vertical pouch. He said it would a few days. I'll be ordering one as soon as they restock.

Love handles.....LOL.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:35 AM   #11
PajamaGuy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Thumbs up I love mine!

I went through 4 of the Krussel 7290 cases - the housing of the multi-dapt always broke. The Fortte is steel - no way it will break.

The Fortte does take a bit of getting used-to. - But it's very well made, sturdy, and has all the right cut-outs.

Plus, when in the holster and clipped to your belt, the trackwheel is on the front edge making it much easier to "touch" to trun the alert off.

The cover doesn't mess with the keys like the Krussel did.

PajamaGuy
8700c
Old 01-13-2006, 10:59 AM   #12
knoppe01

I've noticed something with my Fortte case (vertical) for the past couple of days - the closure magnet on the case (not the flap) is now loose. It tilts when you pull the flap open and you can actually push it in a little. Also theres no real "substance" supporting it to the case - you can feel it moving thru the liner. Anyone else notice this ? I emailed Fortte this morning but have yet to hear.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:07 AM   #13
nb_mitch
CrackBerry Addict

I got a case from SmartPhoneDepot (Part# Monoco MON0193) for $19.80 Leather Holster for BlackBerry 72xx series.

It is a bit loose too from side to side for my 8700, but the magnetic flap works great. The clip seems very sturdy and the lining is nice too.

From the pictures here, I guess this whole case clips onto a seperate belt clip, right? And that is what some people say makes it stick out future.

Also, from the pictures, it looks loose like mine on the side, maybe a little closer, but still with some play.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:48 PM   #14
gwmgwm

Model: 8700C

I have the Gizmo Skin case. Nice case, you can feel the vibration if you have the 8700 set to vibrate, you can hear the phone if you have it set to a ring tone, the belt clip on mine is very tight and it ratchets to different positions.

I'm very satisfied.

Old 01-13-2006, 07:48 PM   #15
AlbertoM
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaGuy
I went through 4 of the Krussel 7290 cases - the housing of the multi-dapt always broke. The Fortte is steel - no way it will break.

The Fortte does take a bit of getting used-to. - But it's very well made, sturdy, and has all the right cut-outs.

Plus, when in the holster and clipped to your belt, the trackwheel is on the front edge making it much easier to "touch" to trun the alert off.

PajamaGuy
8700c
Really? I had a Krussel case for my 220 and my 7100G, so I have various clips and swivels plus car holder and bike holder - I think the multiadapt system is great - and the Krussel case for the 8700 is due out next week. On my 7100G getting out of the car a couple times the device caught on the car door edge and almost pulled me off my feet. Never had one come close to breaking....
Old 01-13-2006, 08:36 PM   #16
RoadRider
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmgwm
I have the Gizmo Skin case. Nice case, you can feel the vibration if you have the 8700 set to vibrate, you can hear the phone if you have it set to a ring tone, the belt clip on mine is very tight and it ratchets to different positions.

I'm very satisfied.

Watch your case very closely for glued seams coming apart. Based on my experience it WILL happen, putting your Blackberry at risk. I have had two of them now and it happend to both in a very short time.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:21 AM   #17
lgreenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PajamaGuy

PajamaGuy
8700c
Which part of the Krusell case broke?

If you mean the stud (which is the only part of the Fortte which is metal so IU assume you are) Krusell cases do come with a plastic stud however, they offer a metal one to purchase as well.

It looks the same but is made from metal.....

"When a plastic knob just won't do, the metal knob from Krusell is just what you have been looking for! If your hard on your cases and frequently break knobs, then we recommend the metal multidapt knob."

They also offer a metal belt clip for even more security.

"The most secure device clip available from Krusell. A robust and exclusive belt holder that lets the phone hang free while remaining firmly attached. Nice leather design that goes excellent with leatherbelts. Fits belts up to 1.75" or 45mm.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:08 PM   #18
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

While I think it is a fashion faux pas to wear any cell phone on ones belt, it is sometimes required. I personally have not found anything better than the OEM holsters for the two BB's I have owned.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:05 PM   #19
PajamaGuy

Not the stud, but the track grooves it sits in - the base part that's built into the case. The 1/8" lips that hold the removable stud break, allowing the whole stud removable piece to come off. I got around it by superglueing the stud piece to the base, but always bought another new case because you never know when superglue will crack apart.

I've had no trouble with the Fortte yet.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:44 PM   #20
lgreenberg

I received my brown version of the case today.

Everything is the same except for the magnet both on the flap and case (they are gold instead of silver.) The little logo on the front is gold too (on the black version everything is silver.)

Closed Thread