Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 10:18 AM   #21
Tastypeppers

Model: 8830
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanHummel
I looked at Link2Exchange, I like what I see. My question is this, it says it will sync everything up with outlook without a problem, which outlook will it be sync'ing to? My home? My work? What if one or both of those computers is turned off? will they be updated with all that has changed on my blackberry when I turn them back on?
This is The Missing Link. I would happily buy hosted Exchange/BES service at $20/month if that hosted Exchange account would then talk to my own Exchange Server. Then the my BB would sync with the hosted Exchange/BES account, and the hosted Exchange data would sync to my Exchange server. An unholy triad of complexity to be sure.

The only people I know that purport to offer this are at gpxs.net. They only offer it in Europe and I am begging them to be North American Guinea Pig (aka Crash-Test Dummy) Number 1.

They synch the hosted Exchange/BES data to my Exchange Server via OWA. They say it is a non-trivial problem to solve. That may explain why it isn't widely available.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:03 PM   #22
IanHummel
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Dear RIM,
I wanted to thank you personally for making a great phone that has "seemless corporate e-mail access" that is so damn confusing to set up. Why advertise something as being so great, yet so hard to make great? With all this pain in the ass, I'm half tempted to get an MDA and just tweak that to my liking and have true push e-mail with my outlook and my GMail using the software update. I want so bad to own the 8700 and have it work seemlessly, but all this complication and extra charges are not really making me want to purchase your product, a product that you advertise to corporate america specifically, but then in order for it to work, you must have BES. :( We'll see how some more of my research works out, but I'm in a serious bind right now.

Yours truely,
Ian
Old 04-12-2006, 11:57 AM   #23
802networks

Model: 7250
Carrier: Bell Mobility

I've got a different quesiton. I am on a BES at work running via Exchange. My contacts/appointments are synced with the handheld constantly. When I add a contact to my handheld or at work.. it's updated and sync'd.

Is there a way to quickly duplicate the same information into my home copy of Outlook (that I use for personal accounts)? I tried using the PIM sync and it won't work because its already syncing with the BES.

I just want to have access to the same contacts/appointments no matter if i'm mobile, at work, or at home. I sometimes receive an email from someone to my home account and then add them as a contact.. I don't want to have to duplicate that on my handheld/work.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:04 PM   #24
David Haddad
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 0000
Carrier: Sprint

UPDATE:

I have been using Blackberry Desktop Redirector for several weeks and it works perfectly. WITHOUT EXCHANGE and WITHOUT BES. With NOTHING but a single user version of Outlook. Any E-mail received on my desktop is instantly forwarded to my Blackberry. Any E-mail I respond to instantly appears in my sent messages folder on my desktop.

Limitations:
1. If you have Outlook rules set up to route messages on your *defualt* E-mail account to a folder other than your inbox, Redirector constantly generates error messages. It actually appears to still works, it just generates error messages.

2. I have not discovered a method to send from more than one account. i.e. even if you maintain several accounts, any E-mail you send from the Blackberry will be sent from the address of the default account (even if you are responding to an E-mail that is not from your default account).

Neither of these are deal breakers for me at the moment.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:30 PM   #25
proussak
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

If you think it's tough being a PC user on BIS, try being a Mac user without Redirector as an option. PocketMac won't even sync my contacts properly, although their support people are looking into it for me. They also hinted at better things to come with PocketMac v4, out soon (they say). Anyone know if there's a possibility of getting a Redirector equivalent on the Mac?
Old 05-04-2006, 02:55 AM   #26
gary599
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon
Default My Fix

I will try and make this as simple as possible.

I'm a wedding photographer and have a website and email attached to the domain name.

my email is will say [email address] this would be your regular email account you use at home to send and receive email.

At the server level I have two email accounts the main account and a copy account.

My blackberry is setup so that when I send email is has the FROM address to show as Main [email address]

When I send an email from my blackberry I have it setup with nextel for a Auto BCC: to my copyaccount.

So any email conversion I have with someone, when I get home I open outlook and all my Set email from my BB are filtered to my sent mail.
Closed Thread