Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 05:18 PM   #1
jonnykerm
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Pearl
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default New Pearl Owner - A few noob questions

Please Login to Remove!

Hi everyone, this forum looks great and I hope to learn a lot soon! However, I have a few questions of things that are really confusing me

I am with T-Mobile and have the web 'n' walk and instant email package. My Blackberry is configured to receive my btinternet emails that I get at home through Outlook.

When i receive emails on the BB and select to delete on handheld and mailbox, they still come through to Outlook when i get home, even though i selected to delete on mailbox, what exactly is the mailbox?

How can I prevent emails coming through to my BB just temporarily, like if i am at home and i want my emails to come through to my pc only, and not the BB aswell? And if im out of the house, to turn something on that has them come through to the BB?

How do I get google as my home page while still using T-Mobiles unlimited web 'n' walk package (as this has its own icon at the moment.

How do I get instant messaging on my BB? MSN or Similar?

Sorry if these questions seem a bit dumb to you pros, but i'm sure ill get used to it, its just a bit different from my Sony W800i!
Old 12-14-2006, 06:34 PM   #2
MythmbHurts
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8100

try searching with the little search button up there..
there are many IM clients around some free some not
I have a BB data plan so cant help you with the google question all though there should be an option in options to set your home page correct?
you can always turn off data on your BB when at home and that will stop all emails from getting to your handheld or create a filter and only turn it on when at home
BB 8100 4.2.0.69
Old 12-14-2006, 06:36 PM   #3
jonnykerm
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Pearl

ok thanks for the reply. just one question though, people have said to update the os on my pearl, where do i get the .69 version and will it wipe everything on my bb when installing?
Old 12-14-2006, 06:46 PM   #4
MythmbHurts
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8100

read the thread on the cingular OS upgrade all the info you need is there... you wont loose your data it backs all your stuff up..
BB 8100 4.2.0.69
Old 12-14-2006, 06:58 PM   #5
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnykerm
ok thanks for the reply. just one question though, people have said to update the os on my pearl, where do i get the .69 version and will it wipe everything on my bb when installing?
I have a T-Mo data/BB plan, for a few years now.

My experience when saying to delete on the BB and the server is that is takes a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong time for the server to go to the originating e-mail source to delete the e-mail.

Other times, it has happened in 10 minutes. But usually it takes a long time, so long I ignore that feature on the BB.

Read the threads on upgrading the OS, there are pros and cons to each version. I have stuck with the original .42 OS because I do not want to lose the ability to turn the display auto-dim feature to off.

You probably have a newer OS since you just got the Pearl, .64?

If you want .69, search the threads as I think some people have provided a download of it on their servers. For example, Member McKinneycm [sp] has graciously provided lots of software available for FTP download on his server. I'd use BBF search and type in the term "FTP" and his thread should show up.
Closed Thread