BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 04:14 PM   #1
The Guvnor
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange
Talking Just got a Pearl. My first Blackberry!

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all. Looks like an ace forum!

Just got my first Pearl, am from the UK and own a gadget/man forum so looking for decent advice from you all on all sorts of subjects to do with the Pearl.

Bit about me...

Have gone from a Sony P990 to this so its a fair change in device really. Earlier I thought I had lost my Pearl! LOL. Its sooo much smaller than my 990! Work in a field that requires a little tech knowledge, am seriously into Mac's (now that I am on my first Macbook) and am an avid gamer (Xbox360)

Got my email setup and working really easily, just need to check what the score is with my data package at present!

Some handy tips already. Only downside is I wanted a white pearl and my provider sent me a black one! Arrrgh

First thing I need is a decent case for it. Something durable and that can be thrown into the car door pocket for instance. Not sure I really want a leather case one, more something like an iSkin. Any ideas?

Thanks all. Look forward to spending some hours here
Old 05-19-2007, 04:52 PM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Welcome to BB Forums. I see your forum is the same software so you should feel at home here.

I highly recommend this clear skin. Great customer service and it's lifetime guaranteed. I'm on my second one.

ShieldZone - Screen Protector for iPod, PDA, Cell Phone & PSP
Old 05-19-2007, 04:59 PM   #3
Pearly White
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: None
PIN: Lost my BB..... *sob*
Carrier: T-Mobile (UK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guvnor View Post
Hi all. Looks like an ace forum!

Just got my first Pearl, am from the UK and own a gadget/man forum so looking for decent advice from you all on all sorts of subjects to do with the Pearl.

Bit about me...

Have gone from a Sony P990 to this so its a fair change in device really. Earlier I thought I had lost my Pearl! LOL. Its sooo much smaller than my 990! Work in a field that requires a little tech knowledge, am seriously into Mac's (now that I am on my first Macbook) and am an avid gamer (Xbox360)

Got my email setup and working really easily, just need to check what the score is with my data package at present!

Some handy tips already. Only downside is I wanted a white pearl and my provider sent me a black one! Arrrgh

First thing I need is a decent case for it. Something durable and that can be thrown into the car door pocket for instance. Not sure I really want a leather case one, more something like an iSkin. Any ideas?

Thanks all. Look forward to spending some hours here

you and me both mate, I got a white one today though!

I came from Nokia S60 software, this is my first experience of the Blackberry world.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:23 PM   #4
Jamtart

Model: pearl
Carrier: Rogers

Welcome to the best site on the net!

"Work in a field that requires a little tech knowledge, am seriously into Mac's (now that I am on my first Macbook) and am an avid gamer (Xbox360)"

I guess you gotta start somewhere, no worries, eventually you'll work up to the PC and PS 3. [ Great big shit-eating grin ! ]
Old 05-19-2007, 09:26 PM   #5
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Let's try and keep the language clean on the best site on the net...

Thanks
Old 05-19-2007, 11:38 PM   #6
rjk0824
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Torch

I am also a new Blackberry user. I am coming from a Samsung SCH A990. I always wanted a blackberry, purchased a Pearl Red one yesterday.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:05 AM   #7
The Guvnor

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamtart View Post
Welcome to the best site on the net!

"Work in a field that requires a little tech knowledge, am seriously into Mac's (now that I am on my first Macbook) and am an avid gamer (Xbox360)"

I guess you gotta start somewhere, no worries, eventually you'll work up to the PC and PS 3. [ Great big shit-eating grin ! ]
Ha! Very funny ;)

I am running a PC as well (no idea why I bother though) and the PS3 takes up some room in another room which is gathering dust rather rapidly until I get Gran Turismo on it

Here is my den

Old 05-20-2007, 01:22 PM   #8
Pearly White
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: None
PIN: Lost my BB..... *sob*
Carrier: T-Mobile (UK)

You know we're superior on a Mac anyway eh?
Old 05-20-2007, 02:15 PM   #9
The Guvnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearly White View Post
You know we're superior on a Mac anyway eh?
Of course, of course!
Closed Thread