BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 02:17 AM   #1
Chris K
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone
Default Anyone managed to send anything by bluetooth on BB?

Please Login to Remove!

I found Blackberry Bluetoothing to be total non starter

Can't send more than one file (my old Sony sent whole folder containing more than 500 files in one go)
Wont connect unless already paired
Wont pair on the fly either
Takes about 1 hour to send 4 meg file = I aborted after 25 mins and never used it since

Amazed there's forum dedicated to such poor subject
Old 08-17-2010, 02:26 AM   #2
Superh3ro
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: Zain kw

i never use bluetooth on blackberry
i always ur email or the cable to transfer stuff :s

xxx9608;xxx9553;xxx9612;xxx9474;xxx9608;xxx9474;xxx9553;xxx9612;xxx9553;xxx9474;xxx9474;xxx9608;xxx9553;xxx9612;xxx9474;xxx9553;xxx9608;xxx9474;
supexxx1103;xxx1085;xxx1079;roxxx63743;xxx1084;ac.coxxx1084;™
Old 08-18-2010, 01:44 PM   #3
RETG

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
I found Blackberry Bluetoothing to be total non starter

Can't send more than one file (my old Sony sent whole folder containing more than 500 files in one go)
Wont connect unless already paired
Wont pair on the fly either
Takes about 1 hour to send 4 meg file = I aborted after 25 mins and never used it since

Amazed there's forum dedicated to such poor subject
Yes, I commonly send photos from my BB tour to my laptop. Size is around 1.1 MB and takes a minute or two. Using a cord is faster, if sending a lot of photos, but for one or two, bluetooth works great.

As for pairing, to have bluetooth devices connect, you must first pair them together. If there was no pairing procedure, a person could connect to any BT they come across; whether the owner of that BT wanted to or not. Once paired, the should connect automatically.

To add, my previous laptop, running Vista was terrible for BT connections with any device. My newer laptop running Widows 7 Pro, connects everytime, and was easy to pair. So, in some cases, connecting and using BT on a BB depends a lot on the device you are connecting too.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:40 PM   #4
Chris K
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETG View Post
Yes, I commonly send photos from my BB tour to my laptop. Size is around 1.1 MB and takes a minute or two. Using a cord is faster, if sending a lot of photos, but for one or two, bluetooth works great...
Well I'm glad you're happy but if seriously you think it's great you need to try another phone, then you'll really know what great is - Even Cord cannot be fast enough if you have to send files one-at-a-time. To send 500 files would literally take days not minutes - I regularly send 10-20 files between mobiles and for that the BB (all BB's) are non-starters

Quote:
..As for pairing, to have bluetooth devices connect, you must first pair them together. If there was no pairing procedure, a person could connect......
You seem to be talking about blue-toothing per-se like it's a problem that's beyond control/responsibility of BB

On ***any*** other mobile you can very simply send *many* files by bluetooth without pairing devices - where upon other mobiles will pair on-the-fly - security is still just as much intact where only receptive participants need to 'allow' pairing

Blue-tooth pairing is not a problem - the Blackberry is

With Blackberry you can *attempt* to send *one* file by blue-tooth upon which time it will refuse (no paired devices) - unlike any other mobile which would then intuitively start to scan, then BB will just sit there dumb founded - you then need to go to separate pairing menu, pair the devices, and then try and remember where the files are you wanted to end in the first place

Quote:
..... using BT on a BB depends a lot on the device you are connecting too.
Using the BB on the same device(mobiles) I've used for years - My LG will send 20 x 5 meg files = 100 meg in about 10 minutes - my BB sent 1 x 5 meg file = 5 meg and after 20 minutes it only sent 30% so i had to abort = no files sent

Enjoying my BB very much but finding this a huuuuuuuuuuuge let down - it something that would stop me buying one - bigger shame when it's about 20 minute fix - how long would it take to get a BB to go directly to the pairing routine if you're attempting to bluetooth a file and no paired devices are found???

As a programmer I can tell it's one single line of code

Quote:
If no paired devices then pair routine
- 2 minutes
Old 08-18-2010, 03:31 PM   #5
fparkin

Carrier: SPRINT

vista and tour work good together i have move many mp3 with much trouble
Old 08-23-2010, 08:51 AM   #6
F5fstop
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
Well I'm glad you're happy but if seriously you think it's great you need to try another phone, then you'll really know what great is - Even Cord cannot be fast enough if you have to send files one-at-a-time. To send 500 files would literally take days not minutes - I regularly send 10-20 files between mobiles and for that the BB (all BB's) are non-starters

I know what great is and it is not BB via BT. I stated I have done the transfer and how long it takes. My mention of great was not in regard to the speed, it was in regard to it connects with no problems on my Windows 7 Pro laptop. You cannot beat the speed of a direct connect with any device.

And yes, I know there are faster phones and devices out there. That is why in three months I will most likely jump to another platform of phones. However, I will still be held back by BT.

You seem to be talking about blue-toothing per-se like it's a problem that's beyond control/responsibility of BB

I was answering your statement, "Wont connect unless already paired" in the original message. It sounded to me that you didn't know that you had to 'pair' the bluetooth devices before connecting them to send or receive. You cannot just walk into an area that has a BT device and start sending, unless you have paired with that device. In some cases, it is simple and the passwords all seem to be 0000 or multiple of zeros. However, you have to have control of both devices or have someone connect to the other device if not yours. Isn't that true? That is what I was answering.

On ***any*** other mobile you can very simply send *many* files by bluetooth without pairing devices - where upon other mobiles will pair on-the-fly - security is still just as much intact where only receptive participants need to 'allow' pairing

Blue-tooth pairing is not a problem - the Blackberry is

With Blackberry you can *attempt* to send *one* file by blue-tooth upon which time it will refuse (no paired devices) - unlike any other mobile which would then intuitively start to scan, then BB will just sit there dumb founded - you then need to go to separate pairing menu, pair the devices, and then try and remember where the files are you wanted to end in the first place

Using the BB on the same device(mobiles) I've used for years - My LG will send 20 x 5 meg files = 100 meg in about 10 minutes - my BB sent 1 x 5 meg file = 5 meg and after 20 minutes it only sent 30% so i had to abort = no files sent

Enjoying my BB very much but finding this a huuuuuuuuuuuge let down - it something that would stop me buying one - bigger shame when it's about 20 minute fix - how long would it take to get a BB to go directly to the pairing routine if you're attempting to bluetooth a file and no paired devices are found???

As a programmer I can tell it's one single line of code

Since you are an almighty programmer, and I'm not, why do you need help. It sounds like you know all there is to know about BT and BB so why come here for help?

- 2 minutes
I have to say, it is people like you that make people like me not answer questions and try and help out on the internet. I did not know you were this great programmer and knew it all. I made some comments about my devices and their connection via BT. I was not stating I knew it all like you.
I made comments about my experiences between a Vista laptop and a Windows 7 pro laptop.

So, I will remember you ID, if you have further problems, don't expect any answers from me. I do not need the aggravation of being basically told I don't know what I am saying by someone who is the almighty programmer who still cannot figure out what is wrong. But then turns around and basically answers his own questions with his own answers.

Goodbye, no need to reply to my message, I'm not returning to this thread, and thanks to the ignore function, I could not read your reply anyway. Have a great day....

Last edited by F5fstop; 08-23-2010 at 08:52 AM..
Old 08-23-2010, 06:16 PM   #7
Chris K
Thumbs Must Hurt

Not sure who I'm answering because 'whoever' posted failed to add their name to their quotes - which is an oxymoron in itself

I can only assume F5fstop and RETG are one and the same - we'll call you FRETG - apologies if the facts offend you

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRETG View Post
...I know what great is and it is not BB via BT..
You used the word "Great" - I didn't

Quote:
...Since you are an almighty programmer, and I'm not......
I'm not an 'almighty' programmer - I'm a programmer - apologies for that

Quote:
...I was not stating I knew it all like you.....
I didn't say I knew it all - but I prolly knew more than you thought i did, and for that I apologise

Quote:
...don't expect any answers from me......
I wont

Quote:
...no need to reply to my message..
Ooops - another apology in order me thinks

Quote:
...I'm not returning to this thread..
Is that F5fstop and RETG that's not returning?
Closed Thread