Old 09-29-2013, 02:49 PM   #1
09TM

Model: q10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: sprint
Default E-Mail To Myself ?

Please Login to Remove!

Hey Folks,

I've only had this Q10 for 48 + hours and so far so good. However, I noticed I can't send emails to myself. Ex: I took a picture and went to email this so I could print it when I got into the office, but this would not go through.

Called text support and explained I receive emails just can't send them to myself. She said it was a registration error and would get back to me... yeah ok, still no call back. So I went to the store to have my contacts from my bold moved over and that person called BB. They said a "patch" was coming for this soon..... I don't understand why I can send to others , just not myself....?

Any thoughts on this.

PS.I also noticed I have to assign the q10 to search for emails... Set this for 5 minutes as this in critical in my line of work. Are you guys okay with the timely notifications of emails? My Bold would have them 2 seconds after my inbox (Outlook) at work... Guess these emails don't go through the BB server anymore..?

Thanks!
Old 09-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #2
09TM

Default Re: E-Mail To Myself ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09TM View Post
Hey Folks,

I've only had this Q10 for 48 + hours and so far so good. However, I noticed I can't send emails to myself. Ex: I took a picture and went to email this so I could print it when I got into the office, but this would not go through.

Called text support and explained I receive emails just can't send them to myself. She said it was a registration error and would get back to me... yeah ok, still no call back. So I went to the store to have my contacts from my bold moved over and that person called BB. They said a "patch" was coming for this soon..... I don't understand why I can send to others , just not myself....?

Any thoughts on this.

PS.I also noticed I have to assign the q10 to search for emails... Set this for 5 minutes as this in critical in my line of work. Are you guys okay with the timely notifications of emails? My Bold would have them 2 seconds after my inbox (Outlook) at work... Guess these emails don't go through the BB server anymore..?

Thanks!

163 views and NO one has any info on this......
Old 09-29-2013, 06:24 PM   #3
JCH01
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Q10
Carrier: ATT 10.2.1.1259

I have had this issue. I've notice that it sends it to the wrong address. If I type the address in manually and DONT let it correct it, it works fine.
Yes email no longer goes thru BB unless you have your own server at work.
Some email servers can do mail push much like the old BB. Mine of course isn't one of them. (Go Daddy)
If you just got it you have some learning to do. I to came from a Bold and not 100% sure I'd do it again. I have a handful of phones and touch screen and my old fingers don't do well together so the Q10 and I might end up in the ground at the same time.
Good luck.
PS, I just loaded a beta 10.2 and that is a step in the right direction.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:54 PM   #4
09TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCH01 View Post
I have had this issue. I've notice that it sends it to the wrong address. If I type the address in manually and DONT let it correct it, it works fine.
Yes email no longer goes thru BB unless you have your own server at work.
Some email servers can do mail push much like the old BB. Mine of course isn't one of them. (Go Daddy)
If you just got it you have some learning to do. I to came from a Bold and not 100% sure I'd do it again. I have a handful of phones and touch screen and my old fingers don't do well together so the Q10 and I might end up in the ground at the same time.
Good luck.
PS, I just loaded a beta 10.2 and that is a step in the right direction.
I tried to manually input my email and it automatically found my contact and I had no other choice but to highlight this...oh well.. I'll deal with it for now as it still will not go through. maybe I'll open up at Gmail or something.... frustrating!

I searched for latest software and it came up as 10.1.0.4211. How do I get the beta 10.2 ?

Thank you!
Old 10-02-2013, 07:50 PM   #5
09TM

UPDATE- BB was working on this issue the last couple of days. They found some codes with the Q10 software and AOL was creating the error (not allowing server to send out). They suggested I create a new contact using all CAPS and then input my email address....... Presto, I can now CC myself and send pics, etc. to myself with NO more issues.

Got to give BB support 2 up for not giving up and helping me with this issue!
Old 10-02-2013, 10:10 PM   #6
scaevola
BlackBerryFAQ.com Moderator

Model: 9900
PIN: ask Nicely.
Carrier: AT&T/tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09TM View Post
UPDATE- BB was working on this issue the last couple of days. They found some codes with the Q10 software and AOL was creating the error (not allowing server to send out). They suggested I create a new contact using all CAPS and then input my email address....... Presto, I can now CC myself and send pics, etc. to myself with NO more issues.

Got to give BB support 2 up for not giving up and helping me with this issue!
Generally it will work but In my experience you send an email to yourself from your original address it won't show anywhere (gmail yes) ...other maybe not.

BTW it's not "search" it's activesynch check frequency way way different ( I too miss bis push).

The lower the sync more the bb manually runs synch check comparing it's db versus the servers (IE = $$$ in regards to battery power).

the only instance I haven't seen this is in outlook 365 which seems to work pretty darn good (new job day 3).

I would recommend(if you want a guaranteed solution) add a second email address to your bb and changing the from sender to that one and send it to your original, in my experience it's guranted to show up relatively soon regardless of provide....

Man do I miss gmail label support!! And a working ymail & gvoice apps
Old 10-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #7
heavymen
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Not sure of this question belongs here, but how do I set my Q10 to check for new messages every x minutes/seconds?

Tx
Old 10-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #8
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

Your correct it does not belong here. you should ask a different question on your own thread.
Email checking is controlled by the carrier or your company. Generally if on a BES system it is very quick, seconds. If depending on RIM, it's checked every 15 minutes.
Corporate internal email is usually sent at the same time it is sent to the users Outlook server.

You might try searching Appworld and see if there is an App that can be set to control check time.

Dont forget , next time start your own thread!!!
Closed Thread