Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
koogasmith

Model: z10
PIN: N/A
Carrier: O2
Thumbs down Z10 died only red light flashing continuously remains

Please Login to Remove!

For the second time in the six months I've owned the Z10 the phone has died on me and all I get on the phone is the red light repeatedly flashing in bursts of four.

First time was when I was playing music and tonight I was just charging the damn thing. I've tried the usual taking out the battery, rebooting from direct power supply with the battery out. I cannot recover from backup as the pc does not recognise the phone. Last time it happened I had to send the phone away to the manufacturers which took three weeks and I'm loath to do it again if I can avoid it. Has anyone come up with a reliable fix for this?

If it has to go back again I'm going out to buy something else as this is just not good enough, 2 major malfunctions in 6 months.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:04 PM   #2
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: Z10 died only red light flashing continuously remains

I would suggest pulling out the battery and letting it sit for 5 or 10 minutes. Then, with BB Link running on your pc, connect the Z10 via USB, re-insert the battery, and see if it's recognized by your computer. If so you can attempt a backup and then a restore.

If that doesn't help it may be time for a visit to the store where you bought the Z10. Unfortunately when you exchange a unit for another you often get a refurbished device and not a new one. Too often you are inheriting somebody else's problem.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:19 PM   #3
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: Z10 died only red light flashing continuously remains

The 10 OS is starting to show some issues and Blackberry simply states
"This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available."

I hope they keep working on issues.
Closed Thread