Old 01-18-2011, 05:43 AM   #1
nicolas.kroll@gmail.com

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: MTN
Default Downloads keep failing...

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all,

i recently got my bb torch. All settings are default, nothing changed or tweeked..

Now the problem im having is downloading files from the internet...
It starts, download speeds are awesome (100-170kbs) but like after about a minute or so they fail! all downloads fail, not just specific types or sizes...

A friend one mine has the storm and altho his download speeds are a little slower, he has no problems.. he can even have mutliple downloads at once and they never fail (unless they are over +80MB in size) Mine fail even if they are just 10MB...

We both use the same provider. And it dosent give any error message or than "download failed"...so irritating...I have tried searching the net for download managers or download stabilizers...nothing!

Anyone out there have an idea what i can try? Would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 01-18-2011, 07:13 AM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: Downloads keep failing...

What mode? Mobile network or wifi? Or both?

Try doing one download at a time. If that works, try two. Then three. Three may be the limit that will all complete successfully.

If you can't do even one download successfully, then do a hard reset and try again. Hard reset = with power on, remove the battery for at least 30 seconds. Also look at your free memory.........I imagine the device buffers some data in main memory before writing to the media card. Maybe your free space in main memory is too low.

If your problem is on wifi, and it is your router, then do a full off power cycle on the router and modem.

If your problem is on the mobile network, then the hard reset is probably all you can do on your end.

Last edited by aiharkness; 01-18-2011 at 07:15 AM..
Old 01-18-2011, 08:13 AM   #3
nicolas.kroll@gmail.com

Thank you aiharkness!
I will def try all you sugested. And its not via wifi, normal phone network (3G)

Will keep posted on what happens!
Old 01-18-2011, 08:32 AM   #4
stevetaz
CrackBerry Addict

Model: S III
Carrier: sprint

Are you downloading files to a Media Card or to device memory?
Old 01-18-2011, 08:41 AM   #5
nicolas.kroll@gmail.com

Ok i tried hard reset. no change. tried saving to device other than memory card (which is was doing) no change. Only thing i have left is free memory, basically remove apps rite?
Old 01-18-2011, 09:25 AM   #6
nicolas.kroll@gmail.com

ok... :( thanks for the advice, but nothing helped...
only other option wud be to take it back to retailer and hope they can fix it?..
am i the only torch user that is having this problem?..seems hard to believe, but i have actually not found anyone else having this problem...hmm
Old 01-18-2011, 10:41 AM   #7
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

There is a limit to the size file you can download with the BlackBerry browser. But in my experience you will get an error message up front if the file is too large.

At any rate, I would tend to doubt the mobile network, your signal reception, or the server you are downloading from before blaming the device. If you have someone standing side by side with you on the same mobile network doing the same thing and they have no trouble, then I would begin to think it is something on your end.

The only other thing I can think of on your end is the number of apps, and which apps, you have running at the same time you are trying to download a file. Look in particular for apps which are set to run in the background when closed. Make sure and completely exit everything but the core apps.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 01-19-2011, 06:54 AM   #8
nicolas.kroll@gmail.com

yea, i dont get any message before the download starts, and wen it fails it dosent give any info on why it failed...
Im on the same network as my friend who has a storm, downloading from the some source, sitting in the same couch..but he has no problems...
my phone is prety new, so i dont really have too many apps installed...but, il will keep trying. Will check and stop all apps that dont need to be running and see wat happens...

thanks for all the advice!!
Old 06-23-2011, 02:25 AM   #9
nicolas.kroll@gmail.com

:D Thanks to a friendly person called Craig and his girlfriend who is in engineering, i am able to download files now (without failing!!)
This is how to do it:
Go to Options - Device - Advanced system settings - Service book - inside, you should have 2 blackberry internet browsing services. I had Blackberry Internet Browsing service 2 and Blackberry Internet Browsing service. Now I was told to delete the Blackberry Internet Browsing service 2, and problem solved!! Download are no longer failing!! Thanks to Craig and his girlfriend! ;)
Happy downloading guys!
Old 07-10-2011, 12:05 AM   #10
Suanne

Model: 9780

Thank u so much for this, it really help and I am so greatful...
Old 09-26-2011, 02:13 AM   #11
blackberrytorch

Carrier: glo

Thanks nicolas, it worked buh I noticed tht afta I downloaded some files.. The blackberryinternt2 came back again... How do I get rid of it finally?
Old 10-05-2011, 12:50 PM   #12
wagga

Carrier: Vodacom

Howzit guys,

Yeah it works when u delete bb internet browser 2, and for some larger files, all u do is just undelete it again. My issue is, I want; when u click on a link, it shudnt open in a different page, it shud use the same page. I'm sure there must be a setting for it, just dunno how 2 find it....
Old 10-23-2011, 02:35 AM   #13
blackberrytorch

Carrier: glo

Don't think there is a setting for it.. Because o.s6 is designed to have multiple page.. My own issue is tht anytime I delete bb internet browser2 my page don't open again.. How do I rectify this?
Closed Thread