djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Save Attachments with BPS

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I have an intriguing problem that is occurring with my 9630 running OS 5.0.0.624 that I have only just noticed although it may have been going on for some time.

1. Emails with Office attachments that come in to the BIS email accounts configured on this BB can be opened, and can be downloaded and saved to the media card for modification with Docs2Go.

2. Emails that arrive to the account configured for BPS can be opened and viewed with the native BB viewing tools, but cannot be saved nor edited with Docs2Go.

My recollection is that the BPS is configured with a blank IT policy, but I might be wrong on that. Perhaps I need to upgrade.

My searches have suggested that this could be something in the IT policy that is doing this, but I do not know what. Any help as to what I should modify?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:30 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

If you talking about BES/ BPS (IBM Lotus Domino ) service then the IT policy may restrict where you can move the emails. Some companies will restrict for security reasons the ability to store emails in certain places. The other possibility may be the SIM is locked for the business emails. Some companies also do this, mine does.
What you can try is moving the BES email to the BIS account and then saving it. I would talk to your IT group who supports the service and see if they can offer a workaround that the company allows.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:26 AM   #3
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks for the reply. FWIW we are on a MS SB Exchange Server 2003.

This very small business -- which I own -- does not even have an IT department, and it was yours truly who stumbled through the installation of BPS, taking great care to read everything several times before continuing to the next step of the installation, and also the installation of the minimalist IT policy, where I thought that I left everything wide open!

As another piece of information, if I forward the BES mail to one of the BIS accounts everything works as expected -- hence I suspect it might be a limitation of the antiquated BPS. Of course, I can always do the forwarding but I'd prefer to eliminate that step if at all possible.
Closed Thread