Old 07-27-2010, 11:12 AM   #1
xxsidxx

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default Set Ringtone For Certain Contacts

Please Login to Remove!

I'm sure this has been asked before but i couldn't find it anywhere

I have people calling me at all hours of the night and day for my business. Some are calling long distance and apparently don't realize the time difference when they are calling me . I have been setting my phone profile to QUIET before bed everynight but I am scared that by doing this if someone really needs to get a hold of me (mainly family members) for an emergency I obviously won't know they tried to call until the morning when i check my phone.

So my question is, how do I go about setting my "important people" to bypass the quiet profile while it is still set to quiet?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Sid
Old 07-28-2010, 04:44 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

I'm not sure how you see this with your OS version, and I don't remember the way it worked when I was using 4.5 and earlier. But here is what I see on 5.0, which should give you the general idea.

First set a custom ring tone for phone (and messages, too, if you want) for the contacts in the address book.

Then, in profiles, there will be some way to set contact alerts. This may be in the individual profile edit screens, or, as I see on OS version 5.0, there is a separate screen for setting contact alerts.

What I see is this: When I click on the profiles icon I get a pop up to either select the profile or, scrolling down, select either "set ring tones/alerts", "set contact alerts", or "edit profiles". In my case, I would select set contact alerts, select the contact, select phone, then set "play sound" to "always."

You may see these setting organized differently, but the idea should be the same. First set the custom ringtone in contacts, then set the profile such that the custom ringtones override the profile. Do you follow?