Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 03:55 PM   #1
kwarnold

Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Media Manager - Bold not visible, can't xfer files and playlists

Please Login to Remove!

I did a search here but could not find any ideas or solutions. I have a 4GB memory card in my Bold. I went into Memory and did a Format on it.

When I plug in my Bold, the Desktop Manager (ver 4.7) shows the Bold connected and syncs fine. When I select the MEDIA option off of the main DM screen it shows my device's "Device Connected" pin just fine. When I get to the submenu under Media and I have the two options "Media Manager" and "Media Sync". If I select either one of these, my Device Pin disappears and the program acts like I no longer have my Bold attached to my PC. What is strange is that at the top of the small Media Sync screen that pops up you see the Pin for my Bold. But below that you get this message that says "Please connect a BlackBerry device." I have it attached, but it disappears as soon as I get into the application.

Likewise, I thought I would manually add music via the Mass Storage option. I say "Yes" when I plug in the cable. In My Computer I see my other drives but not the media card. I should be able to see it at this point and manually copy in my music, correct?

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have tried to give enough detail here, so please let me know if you would like any further details. THANKS!
Old 11-21-2008, 06:16 PM   #2
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie

Do you have other networks drives. Is there another drive that shares the drive letter. Make sure when you do mass storage mode that there is a drive letter.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:53 PM   #3
kwarnold

Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Default Drive Letter - not sure how to do that...

Thanks for the suggestion on the drive letter. Yes, this BB is connected to my work laptop and there are several (3-6) network drives that automatically attach when I boot up.

How do I manually adjust the letter drive for the BB in Mass Storage Mode? I don't recall ever getting an option to do that.

Thanks for the suggestion. Keith
Old 11-23-2008, 10:15 PM   #4
Magnum
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
PIN: Want my Debit Card?
Carrier: AT&T, Cingular, AT&T..?

I hope it's ok for you to do so on a work computer, but only you know that. To verify conflicting drive letters or change the drive letter do this:

- Start
- Right click on "Computer" or "My Computer"
- Scroll down to manage and click it [if vista click continue when prompted]
- Now under computer management, look for "disk management" under storage o the left hand side [column]
- Now find your drive [disk 1, 2, 3, 4 and so on] in the box on the lower left
- Once you find the right drive, right click and go to "Change Drive Letters and Paths"
- Now change it to a letter that won't conflict

You're the only one who knows if you can jack around with a WORK computer, so this is on you if you choose to jack around with a company owned computer.

***EDIT***: DO NOT change any of your company drive letters / paths, only change the BB letter / path!

Last edited by Magnum; 11-23-2008 at 10:17 PM..
Closed Thread