Old 06-04-2008, 12:27 PM   #1
sequethin
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile
Default Why you love your curve?

Please Login to Remove!

I am feeling very disheartened about my recent blackberry curve purchase (very recent, actually had it for less that 24 hours). So I'm wondering... do you love your curve? Why? I just need some cheering up fellow BB users... please tell me your favorite thing about your curve
Old 06-04-2008, 12:29 PM   #2
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Welcome to the forums!

What are you not liking about your lovely new device? Perhaps there is something we can help you change/fix/remove that will make you love it more.

Favorite thing about mine? Um...well, do I have to stick with just one?
Old 06-04-2008, 12:43 PM   #3
sequethin

the only thing that is killing me right now is that the calendar is totally crap (sorry if that's offensive but it's true...) everything else so far is good... I really love the uma support from t-mobile but my gf's phone has that too and her phone was free while mine was 249 (will be 149 when i get that rebate...)

I am more than happy with what t-mobile offers in terms of the data plan and i love the web browsing and email so far... but in the last 5 years i have become so addicted to my calendar that this is really killing me... there aren't even 3rd party apps to help.. I'd pay 50 bucks in a heartbeat to have a calendar with categories in it - i dont want my gym schedule, work appts, personal appts, ny mets schedule, holidays, etc etc all on one calendar it will drive me crazy haha

My intention really wasn't to continue whining about the calendar sorry! So tell me - what can you say makes you love your blackberry curve? i'll take a list, doesn't have to be one thing! anything to cheer me up right now

PS if anyone reading this hates the blackberry curve plz dont tell me that, that's not what i'm looking for at all
Old 06-04-2008, 12:47 PM   #4
lancealot

Model: 8310
Carrier: att

Well there are numerous reasons I love mine, being a sysadmin the ability to ssh into servers (midpssh), vnc to the *cough* windows box we have (ultravnc), gps navigation (nav4all + bbmaps), but I guess I would say with the cool games you can get, it beats reading in the bathroom :D
Old 06-04-2008, 12:50 PM   #5
sequethin

well I'm not giving up reading in the bathroom, or else I'd be giving up reading! (j/k I also read during my commute haha)

SSH you say? SSH could totally cheer me up. Yes it could cheer me up indeed! I have many FreeBSD machines that I need to admin so if I could ssh from the curve I'd be a happy man. I'm going to look into that. Thanks!
Old 06-04-2008, 12:53 PM   #6
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Hmmm... ok, then - "I love my Sprint Curve 8330 because...."

- The screen resolution is killer

- The 2.0mp camera takes awesome pics (better than the 2.0mp camera on my Pearl)

- The device is smaller than my 8830 (yes, I currently have 3 devices), yet still has a full keyboard

- The sides are slightly 'rubberized' so it doesn't slide out of my hand like the other 2 devices.

- It has LOADS of memory (I currently have 43M free)

And that's just the tip the iceberg. Of all the devices I've used (7510, 7520, 7100i, 7130e, 8703e, 8100, 8830, and 8130), I like this one the best.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:56 PM   #7
sequethin

agreed - the camera rocks. I just wish I could shut off the shutter noise... it's totally putting a kink in my part-time private investigator work lol
Old 06-04-2008, 01:50 PM   #8
lancealot

Carrier: att

Glad it helped, and the client is a bit klunky as you can't type in the shell so it's a 2 click process but you can set macro's so you don't have to type long commands so one click menu, then select that and bam, long commands get dumped into the shell so check it out (MidpSSH | SSH and Telnet client for Mobile devices (MIDP/J2ME))

As for the camera, you can always hold down #1 (call voice mail) then click away and the shutter click is only in the handset. :O
Old 06-04-2008, 03:15 PM   #9
sequethin

tried the ssh client, just keep getting invalid tunnel errors... I'm going to try the camera thing after missing sync finishes
Old 06-04-2008, 03:27 PM   #10
Azurelimits
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68 View Post
Hmmm... ok, then - "I love my Sprint Curve 8330 because...."

- The screen resolution is killer

- The 2.0mp camera takes awesome pics (better than the 2.0mp camera on my Pearl)

- The device is smaller than my 8830 (yes, I currently have 3 devices), yet still has a full keyboard

- The sides are slightly 'rubberized' so it doesn't slide out of my hand like the other 2 devices.

- It has LOADS of memory (I currently have 43M free)

And that's just the tip the iceberg. Of all the devices I've used (7510, 7520, 7100i, 7130e, 8703e, 8100, 8830, and 8130), I like this one the best.

You have 43mb free... thats insane
Old 06-04-2008, 03:30 PM   #11
doe4040
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8707v
PIN: 2503A700
Carrier: Vodafone UK

I love my curve because im the only person i know (i.e. personally) that has one!! All my other friends who have BBs have Pearls... fooooools!!!
Old 06-04-2008, 03:33 PM   #12
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurelimits View Post
You have 43mb free... thats insane
Actually, I'm up to 49M free now that I've done a battery pull. That's 49,360,194 bytes... w00t!!

On the flip side, I'm lucky to get 22M free with my Pearl, and that's only after a battery pull. It usually 'hovers' around 15M.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:51 PM   #13
JaredH
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon

I've had the 8830, 8130 and now the 8330. I'm glad that I went with the Curve. It's the easiest to type on out of the three as well as the screen is very vibrant and much larger than even the 8830 (I prefer the widescreen).

If you're a verizon customer, I don't know if you said you were or not but you can receive video on your Curve and not on the other two; you are limited to just sending video and the 8830 doesn't have any pic/vid capability.

I love the seidio case for it. I no longer have to lock the phone every second, I can just pop into my holster and it auto locks up nice.

It doesn't have an LED bug; the led will flash red for missed calls or txt/email messages until I view them. I often missed txt and calls on my pearl from not having the indicator light work for more than 5-10 min after a missed message.

Good battery life imho. I can run a day and 1/2 on a full charge with decent usage, email, small web browsing, a lot of txting 400+, 25-35 min of call time.

I hope this can sway your opinion, the Curve is rock solid.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:48 PM   #14
doctord23

Model: 8130

Quote:
Originally Posted by sequethin View Post
I'd pay 50 bucks in a heartbeat to have a calendar with categories in it - i dont want my gym schedule, work appts, personal appts, ny mets schedule, holidays, etc etc all on one calendar it will drive me crazy haha
You can have multiple calendars. You just need to set up multiple email addresses. I have 7 but I really only use 3. While in the calendar, hit the berry button and choose "select calendar". You can show all together or each one individually. Note that this is on OS 4.3.
When I enter a new appointment that I don't want to sync with my computer, I choose "Send Using" from a calendar that is not my "Default Service".
I also assign each calendar a different color (6 to choose from or none) so I can easily tell work appointments from personal appointments.
If this does not apply to 4.2, sorry for getting your hopes up.

BTW, I love the screen size and shortcut keys compared to the Pearl I upgraded from.

Last edited by doctord23; 06-04-2008 at 05:56 PM..
Old 06-04-2008, 06:19 PM   #15
ItsAllVerbatim
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Tour

I've just purchased a T-Mo 8320 about 3 hours ago, and I LOVE IT.
Seriously, I smother it with attention.
It was bought to replace a BB 7130c on Cingular (now "AT&T" and subpar, IMNSHO).
Old 06-04-2008, 06:29 PM   #16
iomatic
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: none
Carrier: AT&T

My iPhone and Treos were way more advanced in terms of applications, polish, and screen resolution.

But I just love typing and getting info/switching work modes quickly (for the most part). For the calendar, I default to Agenda view. Love JiveTalk.

Unfortunately:
-no Docs-To-Go yet
-no decent Planetarium program -- best one across all platforms is on Palm, hands down
-BB interface is still a bit clunky and weird (inconsistent menu key comes to mind; hidden icons(WTF?), single layer of folders... sigh...)
-no music tuner like PhonTuner (whatever it was called)
-trackball "aiming" is still ambiguous within differing applications

OK, admittedly a bad list for this thread, but there you go. WinMo doesn't even deserve a review.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:58 PM   #17
Mill1978

Model: 9550
PIN: 311BAFD7
Carrier: Big Red

I love the overall functionally of the curve.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:06 PM   #18
Technocracy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile

Size, screen, keyboard, style, phone quality to name a few.

Re calendar: FYI Pocket Informant, a mature award-winning Pocket PC PIM, is being developed for the BB platform.

PI is in beta testing at this writing; I am a tester. All I can say (due to the NDA I signed) is that it is awesome. For more information you may check WebIS's web site and forums: Welcome to WebIS.net - Home
Old 06-04-2008, 09:01 PM   #19
avanden
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: AT&T

I absolutely love my Curve. Best phone I've ever had so far. My BF has an iPhone and even though he likes it a lot, he admitted he kind of wishes he got a Blackberry because he's still trying to get the hang of the "keypad" after 2 months of ownership.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:14 PM   #20
dijoe

Carrier: T Mobile

I love everything about the phone. I've had this phone for 5 days now. I've also had a pearl but returned it after 2 days to tmo it just didn't feel right for me but he curve is perfect for everything iI do.
Closed Thread