BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 02:02 PM   #1
headshok2002

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers
Default Why am I getting copies of all my sent mail?

Please Login to Remove!

Just picked up a Bold (my first blackberry), and so far, I am loving it. Just having a full keyboard again is worth the switch from my iPhone 3g (I used to have a Palm Treo).

Anyways, I'm having a few issues...

I've configured my email with gmail, and it appears to be working. I get instantaneous alerts when a new message arrives, but my problem is that when I reply to a message, it buzzes at me again... letting me know I've got new mail. I check, and there's a copy of my SENT message.
I go to options, and I have it set up to "hide sent messages"... but it's certainly not hiding them.

I downloaded the gmail application, and that made things even more frustrating. For one, I was getting alerts of new mail on the old blackberry mail icons, and like 15-20 minutes later, the gmail application would show new mail. I want it to be instantaneous... so I've logged out of the gmail app, and likely will not use it again.

I know these things set the benchmark for emailing... so I'm thinking there has to be a way around these annoying issues.

Also, another stab in the dark... SMS is terrible on this thing. No chat-style windows? Is there an application that allows it? I'm not even sure how to download apps with this thing... gmail I was able to type in a specific link (provided by gmails website), but I've no idea how to do anything in this regard.

Overwhelmed. :P
Old 01-27-2009, 02:04 PM   #2
camaro322hp
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9100
Carrier: AT&T

Welcome to BBF.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-handheld.html

99 Z28 M6 black
04 GSX-R750 blue/white
Old 01-27-2009, 02:12 PM   #3
headshok2002

Haha, that is a clever way around it!
Thank you SO much Camaro! (I used to drive a 95 1le Camaro Z28! UBER rare!)

Any thoughts on the SMS issue? I miss chat-style windows, like MSN...

Also, I was in the "cool applications" thread, but I don't know how to get applications. Hahaha, pathetic, I know...
So much to learn...
Old 01-27-2009, 02:16 PM   #4
camaro322hp

The only SMS app that I recall is this one: http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...ce-9-99-a.html

I have never used it, so can't vouche for it. It supposedly lets you view your IM's in more of a threaded fashion as the Palm does natively.

1le - remind me again, what is that package? it sounds familiar...

99 Z28 M6 black
04 GSX-R750 blue/white
Old 01-27-2009, 02:31 PM   #5
headshok2002

Hrm, that app sounds like it has it's fair share of bugs... Tricky tricky. I still have to learn how to install apps. Vllingo sounds interesting... voice to text!? Very cool. Is there an icon that I click on (analagous to the App store?)

1le is the "special performance package", and was basically weight reduction with improved suspension.
If I recall correctly... it added bigger swaybars, panhard bar, beefier transmission mount, control arms, and re-worked the valving in the shocks + added stiffer springs. (previous 1le's had Koni adjustable shocks!).
Then they delete A/C, fog lights, power windows etc... so it was a stripped down car with crank windows, cassette player, and crazy suspension. They also removed a little thing off of the intake which was apparently good for 10 horsepower.
I owned a Trans Am previously, and wasn't a fan... the 1le felt like it could actually handle. Apparently they can pull 0.90g on the skidpad, which is impressive for a solid axle car.
I've since been drawn to zee germans... ;)
Old 01-27-2009, 02:58 PM   #6
camaro322hp

Spend some time poking around the aftermarket software forum. You'll find lots of nice apps there, many of them free. Most apps have an OTA (over-the-air) link to download and install. You would hit the link in your BB browser and install. You can also install some programs via your PC using Desktop Manager. These installations will typically have an .alx file and one or many .cod files with them.

Ah yes, the 1le, stripped down performance model. Nice. I'm still driving my 99 Z28, but learning more each day how crappy it is in the snow. It is a California car living its last days out in OR.

99 Z28 M6 black
04 GSX-R750 blue/white
Old 01-28-2009, 11:13 AM   #7
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

OTA is definitely the way to go if it's an option for the app you're looking at. Installing is basically clicking on a link and telling the BB to install the app.

The App Loader in Desktop Manager is another option but you need to make sure that you have the OS for your BB installed on your PC before you can use it.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:34 PM   #8
headshok2002

Thanks again for the help! I've installed a couple of applications now!

Haha, I couldn't imagine driving a Z28 in the snow... From 18-21 years old, I owned a Corvette (1985), Trans am (1994), and then the 1le. They all got stored over the winter.
That's part of why I've switched to the german cars... I'm on my 3rd Audi A4 now, and all wheel drive is a thing of beauty. Also, they make you realize how poorly built domestic cars are.
Still, not as fun as slamming the z28 through it's 6 gears.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:38 PM   #9
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by headshok2002 View Post
Thanks again for the help! I've installed a couple of applications now!

Haha, I couldn't imagine driving a Z28 in the snow... From 18-21 years old, I owned a Corvette (1985), Trans am (1994), and then the 1le. They all got stored over the winter.
That's part of why I've switched to the german cars... I'm on my 3rd Audi A4 now, and all wheel drive is a thing of beauty. Also, they make you realize how poorly built domestic cars are.
Still, not as fun as slamming the z28 through it's 6 gears.
6 gears?! I only had 4 in my Camaro. It was a 1970 Z/28 with the LT1 engine and the M22 "Rock Crusher" transmission. When Sunoco 260-grade gas disappeared there wasn't much it liked. I found one thing though: 110-Octane Avgas. There was a tiny airport near my home and the owner would let me fill up (cash only, and no receipt) when it wasn't busy. Yeah, Babygirl liked that Avgas!

Here she is, actual colors:
Closed Thread