BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 09:45 PM   #61
cohiba smoker
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
Carrier: VZ

Please Login to Remove!

So I tried my luck with the upgrade and POOF. now my NOL browser is gone. Any suggestions? I tried JayKaps idea of a hard reset without any luck.
Thanks in advance
Old 04-22-2005, 11:03 PM   #62
Menceus
Knows Where the Search Button Is

wlee309 the BES Browser is the one with the world with a arrow and the building behind it, not yours. Thats what rta53 was talking about.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:34 PM   #63
southwestcomm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Many
Carrier: Sprint

The software upgrade provides Location services support and Voice Notes API. From the RIM site:
"BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.0.0.319 adds support for Location and Voice Notes APIs on BlackBerry 7520. "
I don't understand how a new HTML browser would appear from this upgrade.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:05 AM   #64
wlee309
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menceus
wlee309 the BES Browser is the one with the world with a arrow and the building behind it, not yours. Thats what rta53 was talking about.
darn....now to re-edit my blogs again. So strange....so I guess I'm the one with the 'new' HTML browser and not the mistakened BES browser. A few people suggested I host the file that I actually DL'ed so I will do that when I get back to work Monday morning.

ps: I must say that Berry411 is my new left arm. The links (directions and map) actually works now and it helps to have it launch the HTML browser by default instead of copying and pasting into WebViewer which doesn't always work for me.

Last edited by wlee309; 04-23-2005 at 11:08 AM..
Old 04-24-2005, 09:23 AM   #65
KrAsHmAnZ

Default Someone should

Someone Should Post the service books for the browser, or should I say the dude that has recieved the browser early should post his service books. So that when we upgrade we may try them out.

I think that is possible to swap service books right ?

DK
Old 04-25-2005, 11:09 AM   #66
PingGuy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
I've successfully gotten the new Internet Browser, but it wasn't from the software upgrade.

We are on a BES and I had a user's 7510 in for a backup and reactivation. I noticed afterwords that it had the Internet Browser. I did a backup of the service books and restored them on my 7520 and now have the Internet Browser also.

I bet the other user with the Internet Browser also has a service book for "Blackberry Internet Browser"

The icon also looks exactly like the one in his picture.
So you know.. if you wanted to backup that one service book, or whichever ones are responsible for the browser, and make the backup available to us.. we'd love you forever. ;)

Previous: Nextel BB7520 w/ Plantronics Discovery 640
Old 04-25-2005, 11:31 AM   #67
wlee309
Thumbs Must Hurt

So I guess I have the BES browser??? I'm not on BES and have not messed w the service books of my 7520.....it just appeared on my BB when my data was restored after the upgrade.

anyway, the exact file I DL'ed from RIM (22.6mb) is uploaded.

If someone can post their results here, it would help us all. thnkx.
http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=7196
Old 04-25-2005, 11:46 AM   #68
Coupdetat
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlee309
darn....now to re-edit my blogs again. So strange....so I guess I'm the one with the 'new' HTML browser and not the mistakened BES browser. A few people suggested I host the file that I actually DL'ed so I will do that when I get back to work Monday morning.

ps: I must say that Berry411 is my new left arm. The links (directions and map) actually works now and it helps to have it launch the HTML browser by default instead of copying and pasting into WebViewer which doesn't always work for me.
I can't get the maps to work, it always put the addresses in wrong. Is there a fix for this?

vBulletin Message
This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds before submitting another search. You have 18 seconds to wait before another search will be allowed.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:45 PM   #69
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

nope no go for me I dled the file from your blog and nothing new at all...looks like same old stuff
Old 04-25-2005, 08:43 PM   #70
cohiba smoker
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
Carrier: VZ

I talked with blackberry level 2 support tonite to resolve an email issue, which she was able to fix for me in an outstanding 45 minutes. As we waited for the service books to be reloaded several times we talked about the new browser. She said that the testing was done and it should be available as a browser upgrade next week. It will make the web pages view identical on our bb as on a pc. She was unsure about the ability to hit secure sites such as paypal, but she thought it would. Fingers will be crossed....
Old 04-26-2005, 06:06 PM   #71
wlee309
Thumbs Must Hurt

so far, many of the HTML sites work good but checking mail on yahoo does not work. it just draws a blank page. So....I wouldn't say that web page views would be identical as that to the PC.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:51 PM   #72
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlee309
so far, many of the HTML sites work good but checking mail on yahoo does not work. it just draws a blank page. So....I wouldn't say that web page views would be identical as that to the PC.
is thats the only site you have had troubles with?

One thing I have noticed about my unit since the upgrade is that it doesnt go back to the home screen anymore, it stays in the application I have open example messages or phone.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:45 PM   #73
southwestcomm

There's no reason it shouldn't access Yahoo mail. I have a BB, with BES service, and access my Yahoo mail all the time.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:11 AM   #74
Jason_AB
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: BOLD
Carrier: at&t
Talking Web Mail & More...

I can access my yahoo mail with my Reqwireless html browser just fine.

But on a more important note, I haven’t logged into my yahoo, hotmail, or charter mail accounts in weeks…why you may ask? I get it all on my BB through the Web Client. I run the Web Client for all my personal accounts and the redirector for my corp. account. This thing is vibrating all day, but worth it. This was one of primary reasons for getting the BB. It works on paypal, my bank’s web page, and Ameritrade…I choose to not do any financial transactions, or pretty much anything that requires my financial accounts to be open with a user name and password.

I don’t fully trust the folks @ Reqwireless, they haven’t given me reason to not trust them but I like a touch more security when it comes to my money. I have spoken to Reqwireless about them tracking my web habits they claim it’s confidential and they only store my cookies so I may use them again, they don't store the URL, and they have no way of tracking usernames and passwords.

The money I paid for the Reqwireless browser is well worth it…I can’t wait to see how the new Nextel html browser performs in comparison. Anyone have both and can report?
Old 04-27-2005, 10:24 AM   #75
wlee309
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwestcomm
There's no reason it shouldn't access Yahoo mail. I have a BB, with BES service, and access my Yahoo mail all the time.
Nope, I still draw a blank page after login with the BWC HTML browser. perhaps my settings are off (I have all of the settings enabled under browser settings)
Old 04-27-2005, 09:44 PM   #76
southwestcomm

Maybe the browser you have, whether the new Nextel one or not, does not support secure log in?
As to Jason_AB's quetion-
I don't want my BB vibrating all day - I'd go nuts.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:52 PM   #77
Jason_AB
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: BOLD
Carrier: at&t
Thumbs up

I feel ya dog...sorry just got done watching Idol with the kids.

Like I said I can run everything from my hip, with three little ones and the work/life bal. act I do I need to be mobile.

To each his own, one thing I did figure out is two vibes is an e-mail, a third means a cell call. I have only had this baby for a couple of months and what they say is true...CRACKBERRY... I got it bad.
Old 05-01-2005, 07:20 PM   #78
SuprGubr

Just to let you all know, today when I loaded up the BWC, under "profile" there is now an option to "Send Internet Browsing Service Book." But, when I click on it nothing happens and it flashes a blank web page then goes to profile again. I imagine it'll work like the other send service book feature tomorrow.
Old 05-01-2005, 07:42 PM   #79
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Where is this exactly?

Password
Change your login password.
Secret Question and Answer
Change your secret question and answer.

Sent From Address
Change the Sent From Address that appears in the From field of messages you send.

Email Accounts
Customize your settings to receive messages from other email accounts.

Auto BCC
Send a copy of messages that you send from your handheld to another email account.

Change Handheld
Change the handheld currently used with your BlackBerry email service.

Wireless Delete Options
Enable permanent deletion of messages on WebClient when messages are deleted from the handheld.

BlackBerry Web Client Service Book
If you are experiencing difficulties sending or receiving email on your handheld, you may need to send a service book to your handheld.

The service book may have been lost if you installed new handheld software or received a replacement handheld. To send a service book, click Send Service Book.

This is what mine profile page looks like

Last edited by Dawg; 05-01-2005 at 07:45 PM..
Old 05-01-2005, 07:50 PM   #80
SuprGubr

Mine was at the very bottom, last option, right below "send service book"
Closed Thread