SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallHawk3 View Post
Well seeing that I did this for nextel/sprint for the past years (running a service center).

There's more to liquid damage than just the indicators. That will only show if that indicator touches some form of liquid. There's a good chance liquid somehow touched the board else where on the phone. To really know, you have to open the phone up and look on the inside for yourself, which isn't really plausible for everyone...
Very informative post. Thanks for taking the time.

Guess I won't be calling T-Mo and threatening to leave if they don't sell me the Curve at an upgrade price.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:05 PM   #22
BallHawk3
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco View Post
Very informative post. Thanks for taking the time.

Guess I won't be calling T-Mo and threatening to leave if they don't sell me the Curve at an upgrade price.
eh if the rep can smell it, they'll literally tell you "don't let the door hit you in the ass the way out!" Like I said, millions of people call in everyday trying to pull it off. It just sucks, when you have been really screwed or messed, and when you ask them, what can you do for me? They say, nothing, oh thats not my department, i'll transfer you! Blah blah blah.

You just gotta build up legit reasons, you know calling ahead numerous times complaining about "legit" problems. Then when the time comes, you ask them, "WHAT HAVE YOU DOEN FOR ME LATELY!?!"

LOL, ok I feel so bad now.

Last edited by BallHawk3; 08-25-2007 at 09:06 PM..
Old 08-27-2007, 07:11 PM   #23
wirelessforever
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: XXXX
PIN: XXXX
Carrier: XXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco View Post
Hard to read that one long rant.
I gave up after the second line. I was starting to get a headache. Makes you wonder how a TMo rep could help understand the problem.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:31 PM   #24
vinmontRD
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900

T-Mobile customer care has been superb for me, for the past several years, and I've exercised them pretty thoroughly over the years.

At one point my son had a brand new RIZR, and the display went totally white (although the phone kept working) on the 3rd day. I actually suspected he might have banged it up (that would be par for the course), but of course he swore he didn't. I didn't see any marks on the phone, so I brought it back to the store - and walked out with a brand new boxed phone in 15 minutes. Any time I've called with issues, they got them resolved quickly - and threw in a bunch of free minutes for the month "to compensate for my inconvenience". Couldn't have been nicer.

T-Mobile has had great customer service for several years now, and apparently does something right in that department - for the most part. But in the end, it comes down to people, and sometimes the best management can't stop an ornery, frustrated or angry person from taking it out on a customer. Also - as noted in the thread, the customer service reps probably have to deal with a LOT of fanciful claims, and after a while, it may get hard to distinguish between the outright lies and the honest stories that might just seem far fetched. I don't think that I, personally, could handle a customer service job -- I'd probably go postal and get fired in a week.

Sorry to read that you had a bad experience. I really don't think it is typical of T-Mobile, and I suspect that if you were to escalate to the right level, you'd get this sorted out fairly.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:44 PM   #25
wirelessforever
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: XXXX
PIN: XXXX
Carrier: XXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallHawk3 View Post
"WHAT HAVE YOU DOEN FOR ME LATELY!?!"
Did you turn on your phone today? Did it work? If so, you have your answer.

It amazes me how moochy so many Americans are getting.

TMo offers the best pricing and the best customer service in the business. And on top of that apparently they are supposed to shower all their subscribers with gifts and freebes AND still spend ka-zillions to expand their network.

Amazing. Just amazing.
Closed Thread