Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 12:34 AM   #1
kevincharisma

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: notsure
Default Help, Bold won't turn on

Please Login to Remove!

1st, sorry if i post this on the wrong section (checked the technical part)

Hey, i've tried finding solution for this problem but i can never fix this. Did a lot of research and looks like nothing works

Ok here's my situation..:

I bought my bb at Indonesia around 3 weeks ago. Then I came to U.S. It was fine for 2 weeks, but now it won't turn on. I was using At&t before and since i can't seem to use blackberry mesengger, i changed to T-Mobile. After a while, i discovered that something's wrong with my BB, i can't text messages. I did some research on the net, it says that sometimes it will work by just simply removing the battery and put it back again. I tried that, and it didn't work. I decided to try it 1 more time, but this time, it was harder to open the back case, after i managed to do that, i removed the battery and put it back again. However, this time, the BB won't turn on at all. Anyone know how to fix this..

I can't seem to connect it to my computer aswell, i downloaded Desktop Manager, but after connecting my BB using USB, it doesn't work at all, it's just like nothing's on the USB.

Also some thing i notice, I don't think it's the battery problem.. It's the BB problem. My brother has a bb, i tried his battery, and my bb still doesn't work. I tried using my battery in his bb and it works. So i think the problem is in my bb.

I'm at eugene and it's kind of hard to find Cellphone recovery center, might have to send it if i can't fix it. Does anyone knows the problem and know how to fix it? any help would be appriciated, Thx
Old 09-30-2009, 12:48 AM   #2
miamirulz29
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: AT&T

With the battery in the bold, plug it in into the charger. A red light should show up. Then wait for it the charge. If it a red light does not show up, keep us updated.
Um... no.
I didn't think so.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:19 AM   #3
kevincharisma

no red light show up unfortunately, i've try to charge it overnight even though i know it's pointless
Old 10-01-2009, 10:18 PM   #4
kevincharisma

any solution? is this common stuff, or am i just the only one experiencing this?
any1 have any idea on what could be happening? maybe i put too much force opening the back case that cause something goes wrong?.. I live in Eugene, Oregon and i dont think there's any cellphone recovery center here.. do i have to send it? I really wanna try to fix this, saves cost and time
Old 10-01-2009, 10:24 PM   #5
miamirulz29

Try just leaving the battery out of the bold for 24 hours, I've heard some things where this works. Don't know why, but try it.
Um... no.
I didn't think so.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:12 PM   #6
kevincharisma

i did try that last time, but it wasn't 24 hours, maybe around 12. I'l try it again. But keep in mind that the battery works in other BB, so it's not the battery problem, but instead the BB problem
Old 10-01-2009, 11:30 PM   #7
miamirulz29

Try this then:

How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ
Um... no.
I didn't think so.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:57 PM   #8
sbuttry

Carrier: ATT
Default Bold won't boot after OS upgrade issue

Just installed OS: 9000 Bold 4.6.0.517 through DM. Downloaded from ATT site. I am on the ATT network. Install went fine until it got to the Restore Data section. I waited 9 hours and it still wasn't done. Finally disconnected from laptop. Now it won't boot up. When it turns on it just shows a white screen with the clock icon which blinks from time to time. Took out battery, same results.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:11 AM   #9
DemnZ

Carrier: Azercell Telekom BM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbuttry View Post
Just installed OS: 9000 Bold 4.6.0.517 through DM. Downloaded from ATT site. I am on the ATT network. Install went fine until it got to the Restore Data section. I waited 9 hours and it still wasn't done. Finally disconnected from laptop. Now it won't boot up. When it turns on it just shows a white screen with the clock icon which blinks from time to time. Took out battery, same results.
Just reinstall software , it will help . Use Loader.exe from directory C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader , it is easyest way
Old 10-03-2009, 11:12 PM   #10
kevincharisma

Thx guys, i left my battery for 48 hours, and it now seems to works. Dunno why, but i'm too happy to find out why.. thx for all the help guys
Old 10-03-2009, 11:57 PM   #11
miamirulz29

Yeah, I have heard stories where some people just leave their battery for 24-48hrs and their bold magically fixes. I have no idea how, but it works.
Um... no.
I didn't think so.
Closed Thread