BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 02:21 PM   #21
mistWalker
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700g

Please Login to Remove!

Maybe RIM should try a solution similar to the SE W950i.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:17 AM   #22
enigmatic

Model: 8700
Carrier: Telstra

As much as I like Apple and BlackBerry, I don't want to see these two combine in this area.

ROKR was awful (ignoring that I dislike Motorola anyway) and I doubt Apple would want to reduce their return on a device - most of the proceeds of a sale would surely go to RIM?

It would be nice to see more Mac support for BB.

Just my 2c
Old 07-14-2006, 11:26 PM   #23
naynar

Model: 8320
Carrier: t-mobile

appleberry??????????????????? are they nuts it should be MACBERRY that's so much cuter omg
Old 07-15-2006, 03:43 PM   #24
Institute
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile

itunes is terrible
Old 07-27-2006, 06:04 PM   #25
ThinkingFresh

i really hope this happens
Old 08-01-2006, 06:03 PM   #26
elmaldonado
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Institute
itunes is terrible
ITunes is terrible? Compared to what? All the Win MP stuff out there? Come on. Itunes works much better than any of that other crap out there as far as I am concerned. If you feel the other "stuff" is better that's your choice, but don't say Itunes is terrible unless you can demonstrate it is. So I issue a friendly challenge to you!
Old 08-01-2006, 06:14 PM   #27
HuwSy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: .
Carrier: Orange

iTunes is terrible, for the simple fact that it has a DRM that noone else is allowed to licence, well untill the french courts stepped in. Im not saying WMP is any good either tho, but thats cos MS have there hands in too many pies to spend enough time refining anything fully. Il stick to the likes of musikCube and well no point with any online music buying as nothing has any real house music or any of its derivatives so il stick to vinyl. Just a bit big to have built into a phone tho. VinylBerry also sounds like a ... toy.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:51 AM   #28
LSmith4285

Model: 7290

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosstech100
That is fine if you don't mind carrying 25 different items. I hear ya on the booze! But, if people wanted to play some music on their blackberry why not give them the choice. I am not holding a gun to your head to use itunes on you blackberry. I would like to see more memory on the Blackberry so I can take extra files with me when I am traveling. I am not in favor of having a camera on ANY cell phone. Cell phone cameras suck and take crappy pictures.
Thats why my personal device is a windows mobile device, if I am traveling I can listen to music, watch videos, play games make calls and texts from one device and use it as a USB pen drive. I don't want to carry 5 devices and 4 chargers!

And you have obviously not seen ny pictures taken by the latest sony ericsson handsets, I've seen pics from a k800 and okay they ain't the quality of a proper digital camera but they are very good none the less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike91
A Blackberry with iTunes? Didn't anybody learn anything when they tried that s**t with the Motorola 'ROKR' phone?
People queued round the block in London for that so it obviously appeals to some.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:51 AM   #29
allenranger2

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuwSy
iTunes is terrible, for the simple fact that it has a DRM that noone else is allowed to licence, well untill the french courts stepped in. Im not saying WMP is any good either tho, but thats cos MS have there hands in too many pies to spend enough time refining anything fully. Il stick to the likes of musikCube and well no point with any online music buying as nothing has any real house music or any of its derivatives so il stick to vinyl. Just a bit big to have built into a phone tho. VinylBerry also sounds like a ... toy.
What about PlayForSure? It's the same thing....I agree that all DRM suck for us people that like to play our music on any device we can get our hands on. However when it comes to functionality, iTunes gives you exactly what you're looking for. It's easy to create playlists, you can organize by anything, and it has that instant search feature which has now been embedded into to the Tiger OS. iTunes is grrrrrrrreat .

BB 8700g & 9000 Bold AT&T
Old 08-02-2006, 10:05 AM   #30
HuwSy

Model: 9800
PIN: .
Carrier: Orange

"iTunes is grrrrrrrreat"

I cant agree with you on that, and this could end up starting a flame off topic, so I think we best jus setteling this in the simple manner. Nothings perfect, but somethings are better than others.

And in an effort to get back on topic, I just dont think blackberry should limit them self purely to the itunes DRM.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:57 PM   #31
allenranger2

No no, we definitely don't want to stir anything up here, since this is all for fun. Blackberry should be able to accept all types of music files, and frankly the companies should stop this DRM business anyway. But...we'll see what happens. RIM's CEO gave an interview a while back with some info leading us to believe that there will be type of a multi-media blackberry on the way.

BB 8700g & 9000 Bold AT&T
Old 08-02-2006, 04:35 PM   #32
xxhiyanxx

Model: 7520
Carrier: nextel

i can't stand itunes... i hate it on every level. funny how the easiest thing to use on it is the store
Old 08-28-2006, 06:14 PM   #33
GarrisonSmith

Model: 8300

I like MacBerry for the name as well. If they loaded the flash memory with it. They could bump it up to about 12gb so you could load your music and jam out when you not on the phone. It's a sound idea. I just wonder if RIM and Apple have the foresight to see this opportunity.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:04 PM   #34
kwang98131

Model: 8310
Carrier: att
Angry

iTunes.. possibly one of the worst programs ever written... def not user friendly and too many limitations. I pray at night RIM doesnt do any business with A**hole.. i mean Apple.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:02 AM   #35
Postalrecon

Model: N80

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwang98131
iTunes.. possibly one of the worst programs ever written... def not user friendly and too many limitations. I pray at night RIM doesnt do any business with A**hole.. i mean Apple.
how is itunes not user friendly, i wouldnt mind the 8700 with media capabilities, but i dont ned a camera

http://xninjax.vox.com/
Old 08-30-2006, 05:59 AM   #36
XBoogie

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

I agree with the MacBerry name. But Steve Jobs and RIM CEO already shot this idea down. But Steve has been know to deny many other rumers in the past - then launch the product i.e. video iPod.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:14 AM   #37
Digital Oxygen

Model: 7130E

Bad Idea. If you want tunes, get yourself an Ipod. If you can't carry both a BB and an Ipod, then hit the gym a few times a week and build some muscle so you can carry both.

The BB is best at what it does. Communication. The Ipod is best?? at what IT does, which is multimedia. Would you rather have the best of both worlds separately, or combine them and end up with a mediocre multimedia/communications device?
Old 08-30-2006, 08:14 AM   #38
kwang98131

Model: 8310
Carrier: att

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postalrecon
how is itunes not user friendly, i wouldnt mind the 8700 with media capabilities, but i dont ned a camera
sux becasue you cant just pull a file off the ipod instead iTunes has to encode and jumble up everythign on it.. stops file sharing for the most part and just another limitation vs a cheaper mp3 player i had that was straight up USB drag and drop into a folder. also you have to do all sorts of registraion adn installing etc.. very fidgety program for the most part along with the iPod it self.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:26 PM   #39
Postalrecon

Model: N80

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwang98131
sux becasue you cant just pull a file off the ipod instead iTunes has to encode and jumble up everythign on it.. stops file sharing for the most part and just another limitation vs a cheaper mp3 player i had that was straight up USB drag and drop into a folder. also you have to do all sorts of registraion adn installing etc.. very fidgety program for the most part along with the iPod it self.
yea you need to download tune transfer, and if i remember itunes is drag and drop, you drag the songs into itunes, and decide from there what you want on your ipod, how difficult is that? iTunes encodes in every format except .ogg, and .wma, everything else is fair game
Maybe you just need a mac, it just works

http://xninjax.vox.com/
Old 08-30-2006, 07:21 PM   #40
Seattle18
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Curve
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postalrecon
Maybe you just need a mac, it just works
Bingo...