Old 05-22-2006, 09:58 PM   #21
cooperpwc
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700R
Carrier: Rogers

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragin cajun
I have a new idea in mind that Im talking over with Fortte. Hopefully we can find a solution.
Most intriguing, ragin cajun. Look forward to seeing the latest fruits of your inventiveness.

Last edited by cooperpwc; 05-22-2006 at 10:06 PM..
Old 05-23-2006, 07:36 PM   #22
ragin cajun
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: cingular
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc
Most intriguing, ragin cajun. Look forward to seeing the latest fruits of your inventiveness.
I will have to see if I hear back from Salo at Fortte. I believe its a good idea but it may not be useful to everyone. Seattle knows a little about the idea.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:43 PM   #23
lgreenberg

Model: 8310
PIN: 2453F457 OR 242B5C50
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oester
Opinions on how secure it would be, given the elastic sides?
Bob
Don't they make the non-strap version two ways:

-With elastic sides, for use with the extended battery.
-With leather sides, for use with the slim battery.

If you're going to order the strapless version just make sure you order the correct one and you shouldn't have to worry about your BB staying in the case.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:55 PM   #24
Seattle18

Model: Curve
Carrier: Sprint

The one I have is supposed to be for the slim battery, and it has a small amount of elastic. I emailed them tonight to verify this is correct, or if it was not supposed to have elastic at all. Honestly, I like the elastic sides - it is very low key and keeps a good grip on the BB, while leather might stretch and remain a little loose. I'll update this post when I hear from them.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:01 PM   #25
lgreenberg

Model: 8310
PIN: 2453F457 OR 242B5C50
Carrier: Cingular

I don't think we're comparing apples to apples.

I thought oester was concerned over the use of elastic in the regular STi pouch (the one without the strap.) That's why I wanted to make sure he understood if he went with the STi without the strap he wouldn't have to deal with elastic sides at all.

I was under the impression that the STi for use with the regular battery was ALL leather and had no elastic at all.

In looking at this image that does appear to be the case.

Hope this makes sense. Either Fortte's images are wrong or the STi with the strap is different than the one without.

Last edited by lgreenberg; 05-24-2006 at 05:11 AM..
Old 05-23-2006, 11:04 PM   #26
Seattle18

Agreed - I'll post the response I get from Fortte in the morning.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:01 AM   #27
Seattle18

Okay, I got this cleared up this morning. Unfortunately, I have only myself to blame for the confusion - I hate it when that happens! Anyway, when I originally placed the order for the STiL case I told Fortte that at the tiime I was using the Seidio skin, and I was wondering if it would fit into the case properly. They told me they would add a little bit of elastic to the sides to accomodate the skin thickness and ensure a snug fit. Shortly after that conversation, and prior to receiving the case, I stopped using the skin due to personal preference reasons, and instead began using the InvisibleSHIELD skins. So when I wrote the review I had forgotten about the added elastic for the Seidio skin.

To sum up, the slim battery cases do NOT have elastic on them, and the extended battery cases DO. If you have a special request for added room for something like the Seidio skin, they will obvioulsy accomodate your needs. It's just one more example of Fortte's committment to excellence in customer satisfaction. As for the resulting confusion due to my forgetfullness (I blame it on my college years), I apologize.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:38 AM   #28
KonTiki

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

Hey Seattle, whats wrong, them mushrooms coming back up on ya!!!!!

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 06-10-2006, 03:20 PM   #29
EricaJ1074
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7105t

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc
Thanks for the explanation, gentlemen. Makes sense.

Strange that on their site they say: "This case is recommended for the regular slim battery".
This is the exact same thing that's on the site for the Open Face Cases I ordered but I somehow managed to get the Extended Battery in my case without the case falling apart.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:45 PM   #30
SMF
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Seattle18,

Question for you - I currently have a full body skin (best skins ever) along with egrips on my 8700g. I have the t-mobile case (which I like) but with the egrips on it has a bit much friction. How do you find the Fortte case with the elastic (which I understand was made for the seido skin you were using)? Any friction? I sometimes nearly pull my case off my belt when I grab the phone out too quickly....

Thanks,
SMF
Old 08-25-2006, 01:38 AM   #31
Seattle18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMF
Seattle18,

Question for you - I currently have a full body skin (best skins ever) along with egrips on my 8700g. I have the t-mobile case (which I like) but with the egrips on it has a bit much friction. How do you find the Fortte case with the elastic (which I understand was made for the seido skin you were using)? Any friction? I sometimes nearly pull my case off my belt when I grab the phone out too quickly....

Thanks,
SMF
Not enough friction to cause problems. Also, since my cases have the fixed clip in a position that places the case sideways, it allows me to pull the BB a little away from my belt while pulling it out of the case, and that further facilitates the removal from the case. It may be hard to visualize from my description. You mentioned that sometimes the case starts to come off your belt from pulling out the BB. So imagine if your case was resting horizontally like mine, and the belt clip was normal. When you slide the BB out it is not moving in a direction (up) that could cause the belt clip to slide off. It is moving forward instead, so the worst thing that can hapen is that the case could begin to slide a little along the length of your belt, follow me? If that happens, then you can pull the BB a litle outward - away from your body - and also slide it out of the case. that stops it from any sliding that may be caused by the friction you mentioned. Make sense?
Old 10-20-2006, 06:11 PM   #32
Phone Guy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: None
Carrier: AT&T

I just ordered an STiL today that is a horizontal mount. I had to speak with a manager, but they said it was no problem. They did remind me of the amount of time it will take to make the product, but no big deal. Thanks for the review and thanks Fortte for being a very customer service oriented company.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:56 PM   #33
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie

You will love the case. Fortte does a great job.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:39 AM   #34
U_did_what

Model: 9630

I ordered one of the Fortte cases and it should be here tomorrow I got just the plain black one, to test it out and see if I like it. I went with the 39.99, no personalization for the first one. I got the flip cover on it, without the belt clip becuase I mainly carry it in my pocket. I didn't see the flip case in the first few threads, so I borrowed this thread. ....will post picks and review after a couple days of testing

Travis
Old 10-26-2006, 02:30 PM   #35
gfhoward

Model: 8700g

I've heard the Fortte flip case doesn't exactly fit the 8700g as it is made for the 8700c. Can anyone corroberate that? I was thinking of getting one, but I need to wait until they post another forum member discount.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:25 PM   #36
roofus

Model: PassP
Carrier: Bell
Thumbs down Register? password? No way Fforte!

I tried to order a fortte case because of all the nice reviews above. However their purchasing process is so annoying I gave up. Apparently you have to register to buy something. Why? When I tried to register it said I was already registered; probably because of some abortive attempt to purchase previously!!!! It kept asking for my password. I don't know my GD password - - do you know how many important passwords I have without another stupid, superfluous password - - gimme a break . . . I'm trying to buy something here!!!!!!

All this crap transpired after I had gone through the whole tedious customization process, for nothing!!!!!

Then I tried to reset my &*^%^&( password and it kept booting me to the registation screen. But I'm already registered.

What a way to do business!!!!! Drive potential customers away!!!

I took a look at the " unregistered" plastic RIM holster and thought "You'll have to do my friend" and moved on!
Old 10-27-2006, 04:53 PM   #37
Salo Rechtszaid

Model: 8700

Quote:
Originally Posted by roofus
I tried to order a fortte case because of all the nice reviews above. However their purchasing process is so annoying I gave up. Apparently you have to register to buy something. Why? When I tried to register it said I was already registered; probably because of some abortive attempt to purchase previously!!!! It kept asking for my password. I don't know my GD password - - do you know how many important passwords I have without another stupid, superfluous password - - gimme a break . . . I'm trying to buy something here!!!!!!

All this crap transpired after I had gone through the whole tedious customization process, for nothing!!!!!

Then I tried to reset my &*^%^&( password and it kept booting me to the registation screen. But I'm already registered.

I took a look at the " unregistered" plastic RIM holster and thought "You'll have to do my friend" and moved on!
Why didn't you just call? We could have taken your order on the telephone. I feel bad when someone can not get the best product out there. If you wish, e-mail me directly and I can take care of what you need

[email address]
Old 10-28-2006, 02:33 AM   #38
Phone Guy

Model: None

The reason they have passwords are for your security. Stupid stuff does happen sometimes and in those cases I just call. I spoke with a manager (maybe Salo) recently to order a STiL like the one in the review with the repositioned belt clip and all I got is "no problem, just allow for extra production time." All I login in for is to check the status of my order. Most reputable sites will require login to buy.

As far as finding the discount codes, just go to one of the posts by fortte, mouse over the screen name, lookup recent posts and you should quickly find the latest code. I got 30%.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:19 PM   #39
sasquatch
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700g

Quote:
Originally Posted by roofus

^^^unecessary rant. Nobody on the forum wants to read stuff like this.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:19 PM   #40
EChid

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

Nice case, great review, but Seattle18, your aviator scares me.