BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 09:42 PM   #1
SimpleMan

Model: 7100i
Lightbulb Bluetooth Connection From 7100i to PC Desktop Manager No Workie

Please Login to Remove!

Hopefully somone can help me figure this out. I have tried everything to get my desktop manager to change the status from disconnected to connected. I have a Nextel 7100i and i have paired it with my computer through the bluetooth and the desktop manager recognizes it and i have followed the directions in the help menu to a T but It still won't change to connected. Has anyone else had this problem and figure out how to fix it? Any help is much appreciated. I have called Nextel they said that they won't support that feature and told me to go to the blackberry website and search the support topics. same thing there.

thanks,

simpleman
Old 02-17-2006, 06:12 AM   #2
sYnOnYx

Model: 7000i

i cant get mine to work either , oh well.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:54 PM   #3
project_x
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700
Carrier: Rogers

I have been able to get it to work, but only if I followed the instructions in the Blackberry Knowledgebase (I found the link in a search here). The funny thing is, I can't always get it to work. It doesn't seem to be the simplest feature to use.

hope that helps
Old 02-24-2006, 12:10 PM   #4
rel12561
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

I'm having the same problem you're having using my BB 8700c...with a brand new dell xps system. I got a new Microsoft Bluetooth mouse and keyboard so I'm using that dongle and I can connect to the computer and the desktop software sees the device but like you it won't connect or sync using the desktop software..it's driving me bonkers. It worked with the "older" MS bluetooth keyboard/mouse/dongle...but not now.
PIN 23F257DB

Last edited by rel12561; 02-24-2006 at 12:13 PM..
Closed Thread