Old 12-21-2008, 05:55 PM   #1
T-Squared
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Awesome Storm...Weird Issue

Please Login to Remove!

I have had zero issues with my Storm, this phone is been great so far. A big adjustment for me coming from an 8703e.

Anyway, today the phone locked on the VZW logo like the phone was just about to power off. It was completely un-responsive and if you held down the power button it would give you the screen about press any key to abort, but sit there (forever) unless you hit a key, then it would go back to the VZW logo screen. The screen never faded out either. So I tried several battery pulls with no change in the phone. I gave up and called VZW tech support and they are shipping me a new phone. They haven't heard of any issue like this, but it is a weird one for sure.

Anybody else had an issue like this?

As I was typing this I got the e-mail that my phone has already shipped and will deliver tomorrow. I have to go back to my 8703e for a few days, man I already miss my Storm!
Old 12-21-2008, 05:59 PM   #2
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.

I would have first tried to reload the OS. other than that sounds like a hardware failure.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:19 PM   #3
mikestorm

I had the exact same issue today, right after the .83 install. I wiped my device, installed the firmware update, and then installed my 3rd party apps. When everything was installed and configured, I cleared my log and pulled my battery so I could get a 'post install' read on my memory usage.

After two minutes of booting up, it got stuck on VZW screen. Accelerometer would flip the logo depending on how I held my phone. Holding the red button would give me a glimpse of my phone desktop with the 'press any key to abort' message, but aborting just threw me back to the VZW screen.

Anyway, I did a battery pull (only one) and that fixed my issue. I'm sorry yours won't clear
Old 12-21-2008, 06:24 PM   #4
hudres
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: n/a
Carrier: verizon
Lightbulb

Mine did that once, very shortly after I installed .83. I did a battery pull which fixed it. Haven't seen this problem since. Mikestorm reports same experience as mine. I think you need to wipe the device (searcg forum for this) and then re-install. 73
Old 12-21-2008, 06:52 PM   #5
T-Squared
Thumbs Must Hurt

Wirelessly posted (Storm 9530)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyDBrown
I would have first tried to reload the OS. other than that sounds like a hardware failure.
I tried, I downgraded back to .75 after wiping the phone. Same result after boot up. Not sure what caused it, I don't think it was the OS but it sounds like I'm not the only one having this issue. Luckily eveyone else go there's back up and running.

Last edited by T-Squared; 12-21-2008 at 06:57 PM..
Closed Thread