Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 07:31 PM   #1
gteague
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default various file questions

Please Login to Remove!

moved from 8700g to curve and have a few misc quick questions. i apologize if these are obvious and i admit i haven't been page-by-page through the pdf guide:

1) is there a file manager function on the unit itself? in other words, you can create a file on the desktop but i haven't found a way to move a file from the card to that folder. why can't i move a folder from the card directly to the desktop?

2) can you sort the ringtones/alerts? they seem to randomly sort themselves when you access them from the profiles. i found an option to just display system or user added sounds, but it's much slower to go through than the 'normal' display which plays each one as you highlight it. perhaps the answer is to just do this in advance on the desktop to select each sound and then just navigate to it.

3) on v4.3 of the desktop att the built-in applications don't show up (greyed out) so i can't delete any of them. perhaps i made a mistake in installing v4.3 when the t-mobile page said v4.2 was the latest they support?

tia for any help or tips,

/guy
Old 12-20-2007, 11:01 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

1. No file manager built in.

2. i have not seen a way to sort them. I assume you mean while in the media view on the BB?

3. Do you have a copy of your handheld OS installed to the PC?
Old 12-20-2007, 11:45 PM   #3
gteague
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
1. No file manager built in.

so what use being able to create a folder on your desktop? what can you put into it and how do you do it?

2. i have not seen a way to sort them. I assume you mean while in the media view on the BB?

no, they seem to sort ok in media view as i've named them prefixed with 'alert ___', 'ring ____' &c. but when you are in the profile mode selecting alerts and tones some files are out of place in the sort order. worse--much worse--is that about every 4th time i'm trying to assign tones to events by scrolling the list, my curve will reboot itself. perhaps one of my sound files is corrupted, but it seems random as to which file it reboots on as i scroll through the list.

3. Do you have a copy of your handheld OS installed to the PC?
i guess i don't understand the question. i installed v4.3 of the desktop software from the blackberry page to windows and it didn't ask nor give me the option to copy my handheld os.

perhaps i should have gotten the desktop software from the carrier (tmobile) who only offer v4.2?

thanks,

/guy

Last edited by gteague; 12-21-2007 at 12:11 AM..
Closed Thread