Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 03:07 PM   #21
DarnellX
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Right-o. But if i reactivated the BB would it stick everything in the right folders, or would I have to delete the BES account and recreate it first?
Old 02-13-2009, 06:08 AM   #22
freakinvibe
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Class
Carrier: Swisscom

Well, after you have enabled redirection for a folder, there are two different things to consider (using Outlook as an example):
  1. New mails that are moved to a different folder by an Outlook rule are redirected to the correct folder on the Blackberry. Existing mails that were in Outlook folders before redirection was enabled are not redirected.
  2. If you do an Enterprise Activation, only mails from the last 5 days are copied to the device. This can be extended on the BES upto 14 days. This only works for new users/devices. If you just re-activate a device for the same user, you don't get any old mails. This can also be changed on the BES.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:30 AM   #23
DarnellX
Thumbs Must Hurt

Okay, thanks, now here's one thing I'm wondering (and forgive me if I'm hijacking the thread, but...) how would all of a user's redirected folder settings just go blank? I had a user with about 40 subfolders redirecting, and then one day she told me they stopped, and when I looked in the BES, they were all unselected. It still has "redirect the following folders" checked, but all the folders are unchecked. I mean, it's not as though she could unselect 40 folders by accident... Has anyone else seen this before?
Old 02-13-2009, 01:30 PM   #24
gibson_hg

Model: NA
PIN: 80081ES
Carrier: NA

The info contained in the mailbox got corrupted. It's controlled via the Desktop[CMIME] service book.

She had 40 folders redirected! Holy crap, that is nuts. Oh well, if she needs that many then power to her I suppose.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:20 PM   #25
knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors

I had director of engineering try to sync 500+ folders and exchange started to throw Max MAPI connections exceeded. It was fun explaing the issue to the ed ja ma k8ed guy.

He acually wanted me to see if the 500 limit could be increased, LOL.
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:28 PM   #26
DarnellX
Thumbs Must Hurt

Actually, now that I look, it's about 150 or so. A lot of people use folders heavily to keep scads of emails organized. Where would i find these errors, just so I know for sure? I've already advised her to consider redirecting only certain ones. She's very reasonable so I don't think this is going to be an issue.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:59 PM   #27
noname

Location: Congested Islet of "Foreign Talents" (> 45% of workforce) - Singapore.
Model: Z10
PIN: NUKE(PAP)
Carrier: Singtel
Arrow Kb04297

KB04297 - Turn on folder redirection for the subfolders that receive new email messages

Overview
In BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 3.6, the main folder of the messaging server is set to forward email messages to the BlackBerry smartphone by default.

In BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.0, subfolders on the messaging server are also set to forward email messages to the BlackBerry smartphone by default.

Folder redirection can be configured from BlackBerry® Desktop Manager or from the BlackBerry smartphone.

Source: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/viewC...4297&sliceId=2

How much I missed since I last actively participate this forum since last Aug 2008. I generally do not call people "retards"; see my signature.

Thanks.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:18 PM   #28
knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors

never go full retard!

WATCH THE VIDEO AFTER A WORD FROM THE SPONSORERER

xxx8216;Tropic Thunderxxx8217; Advice: Nobody Goes Full Retard - RopeofSilicon.com Movie News, Trailers, Reviews and More

also looka hear

Disability News | PatriciaEBauer.com » News Archive » xxx8216;Never go full retardxxx8217;
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.

Last edited by knottyrope; 02-19-2009 at 10:19 PM..
Old 03-06-2009, 04:08 PM   #29
blameshifter

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakinvibe View Post
Well, after you have enabled redirection for a folder, there are two different things to consider (using Outlook as an example):
  1. New mails that are moved to a different folder by an Outlook rule are redirected to the correct folder on the Blackberry. Existing mails that were in Outlook folders before redirection was enabled are not redirected.
  2. If you do an Enterprise Activation, only mails from the last 5 days are copied to the device. This can be extended on the BES upto 14 days. This only works for new users/devices. If you just re-activate a device for the same user, you don't get any old mails. This can also be changed on the BES.
Having said that...is there any way to manually push older emails to a Blackberry?
Old 03-07-2009, 12:33 AM   #30
GrandMstrBud
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9780
PIN: 2075BBB4
Carrier: Carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by blameshifter View Post
Having said that...is there any way to manually push older emails to a Blackberry?
I don't believe there is a way to push older messages. If someone knows of a way I'd love to hear it but that was the biggest complaint from users moving from a WM device to a BB.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:34 AM   #31
freakinvibe

Model: Class
Carrier: Swisscom

No, there is no way to push old messages to a BB.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:08 AM   #32
ewaynek

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon

I don't know about Exchange but with Domino you can delete the message while in your desktop Inbox, then restore them to the desktop Inbox. The BES sees them as new messages and will send them to the Blackberry. This may be a hassle if you are needing to move a large number if messages to the Blackberry.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:29 AM   #33
tomdlgns
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

i am not sure if i am confused or if i missed something.

i can log into my BPS server, we use exchange, and click on the users properties and set which folders the blackberry communicates with in the users mailbox/outlook.

for example,

i have sub folders 1, 2, 3, inbox, sent, etc...

the only ones i have checked for myself are inbox and sent. i dont care to have my subfolders on my device.
Closed Thread