Agreed...just a temp fix.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:28 PM   #122
jsdc
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: O2 UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by alove-oig View Post
I'd like to avoid that if possible. We have 2 guys supporting 300 handhelds.

I think tonight I'm going to uninstall BES and then go 4.1.5 > 4.1.5 MR1> 4.1.6
This won't help you and will be a lot of work for no gain.

If you don't want to remove/add the user to BES then you need to get the user to logon to OWA (or do it for them) and blank out the internal and external out of office messages.

After doing that everything should be fine.

Good luck
Old 08-04-2008, 11:41 AM   #123
bzpxh5

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: voda uk

Hey can I go from 4.1.4.12 straight to 4.1.6 ?

Or would you recommend going SP5 -> MR 1 then SP6 ?

Last edited by bzpxh5; 08-04-2008 at 11:43 AM..
Old 08-04-2008, 01:39 PM   #124
rhprice
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
PIN: Ball Point or Felt
Carrier: Verizon

Another hopefully less painful fix other then removing and re-adding yours: Procedure to repair the Out Of Office functionality:
1.Customers Desktop computer
a.Verify Cached mode is disabled.
i.Go to "Tools/Email Accounts/
ii.Click on "Next" then "Change"
iii.Verify there is not a check mark in the "Use Cached Exchange Mode"
b.Export customers rules
i.Go to "Tools/Rules and Alerts"
ii.Click on "Options"
iii.The following instructions are crucial, if this process is not followed the customer rules will be deleted and then the customer will have to recreate them.
iv.Select "Export Rules" Make sure of location as you will need to import the rules back.
c.Close Outlook and the Office Communicator clients.
i.Bring up "Task Manager" on the customers computer and verify the Outlook and Communicator processes are not running.
d.From the command prompt type in:
i.C:\program files\microsoft Office\office11\outlook.exe /cleanrules.
e.Once outlook restarts you may import the rules and test the Out of Office functionality.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:58 AM   #125
Patrick Lau

Model: 8700
Carrier: Art

So can I confirm that SP5 -> MR 1 then SP6 will solve the after 20min OOF not working and Exchange 2007 OOF not sync with the client?
Old 08-11-2008, 10:55 AM   #126
MRink

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

Am I correct in understanding that our currently installed version of the BES is neither SP5 MR1 nor SP6 and therefore does NOT include the fix? We're showing....

Add Remove Programs >> BES for Exchange >> Support Information: 4.1.5 (Bundle 79)

Would you recommend we install the MR1 release or the SP6 release as a next step?

Thank you.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:52 AM   #127
MIVEC

Model: 8820
Carrier: MOBISTAR

Hello,
We're experiencing the same issues with enabling Out Of Office in Outlook 2003, which results in displaying the old OOF message for all BB-users.

Has anyone managed to fix the problem by cleaning the Outlook rules as described by rhprice?

Does erasing the OOF message in the OWA of the user, and then enabling it again in Outlook 2003 permanently fix the problem or only for that OOF?

Our configuration: BES 4.1.6.9 and Exchange 2007 SP1 fully up-to-date.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:28 AM   #128
holden
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: TOFJAGER
Carrier: Cingular-AT&T-Verizon-Nextel
Default We have the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant View Post
We have identified a problem with the BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1.4.12 version (MAPI CDO 1.2.1 - 6.5.7638) with Exchange 2007, Exchange 2007 SP1 and the Out of Office (OOF)message getting corrupted causing the Out of Office to stop sending notifications.

If you set the Out of Office using OWA 2007 or Outlook 2007 it and the end-user had BES service, the OOF will initially reply within the first 20 minutes. After 20 minutes the OOF stops responding even though it says it is active.

Additionally, if you view the OOF settings from the BlackBerrry device, it will show the Internal Out of Office message rather than the External OOF message.

Microsoft has published a related article for Legacy clients detailing the issues especially with Outlook 2003. It appears the the BlackBerry is exhibitiing the same problem:

Legacy client and Out of Office (OOF) interoperability
You Had Me At EHLO... : Legacy client and Out of Office (OOF) interoperability

It took several weeks for us to work up sceneries, but have narrowed it down to whether or not the mailbox has the BES service active on the account.

You can test by using a mailbox on Exchange 2007 with an active BES account.
  1. Send a test email from an external 3rd party email address after setting. You will receive the normal out of office reply.
  2. Wait 20 minutes or more.
  3. Send a second test email from ANOTHER 3rd party email address. Exchange will only send one auto-office reply to each respective mailbox.
  4. The OOF reply will not be sent.
PLEASE NOTE:
In addition, in Exchange 2007 OOF responses are more secure because of the following two checks:
  • OOF messages will not be sent out in response to server-detected Junk E-mail. If Exchange 2007 detects a message as Junk or if the message sender is in the user's block list, no OOF response is sent.
  • OOF messages are not sent as responses to Internet mailing lists. Exchange 2007 does not send OOF responses for incoming messages with the Precedence:bulk header set. However, if this header is missing, it is possible that OOF responses may be sent out because there is no reliable way of determining that the message was sent to a mailing list. OOF messages are also not sent as responses for incoming messages with the X-Auto-Response-Suppress:OOF header.
See:

Exchange Server 2007 Out of Office (OOF)
You Had Me At EHLO... : Exchange Server 2007 Out of Office (OOF)

If others could test this and reply back with your results and BES versions and versions of MAPI CDO (mapi32.dll, cdo.dll) located in /System32 and Exchange /bin directories.

Thank you.
We have the same thing. We now tell users to use the Outlook Client prior to going on vacation. When we had Lotus, this worked on the BB Handheld. Exchange does not handle this and we are in contact with RIM.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:30 AM   #129
holden

Default Ongoing issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhprice View Post
Another hopefully less painful fix other then removing and re-adding yours: Procedure to repair the Out Of Office functionality:
b.Export customers rules
ii.Click on "Options"
iii.The following instructions are crucial, if this process is not followed the customer rules will be deleted and then the customer will have to recreate them.
iv.Select "Export Rules" Make sure of location as you will need to import the rules back.
i.Bring up "Task Manager" on the customers computer and verify the Outlook and Communicator processes are not running.
e.Once outlook restarts you may import the rules and test the Out of Office functionality.
Thx for the reply. We still do not have resolution on this also. I will forward this to our team.

H.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:32 AM   #130
holden

Default Rim pointed us in this direction also

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRink View Post
Am I correct in understanding that our currently installed version of the BES is neither SP5 MR1 nor SP6 and therefore does NOT include the fix? We're showing....

Add Remove Programs >> BES for Exchange >> Support Information: 4.1.5 (Bundle 79)

Would you recommend we install the MR1 release or the SP6 release as a next step?

Thank you.
Rim pointed us in changing our version to remedy this also. I would check with Rim regarding the versioning again. We are waiting for our next change window.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:14 AM   #131
elangeland

Model: none
Carrier: Telus
Default Any word on a patch for BlackBerry Professional?

We are running BlackBerry Professional 4.1.4A on Exchange 2007, and I now have a user with Out-of-Office reply problems. I found this forum thread, which sounds likely to be the problem, but upon checking for an update, I find that 4.1.4A is still the current version of BlackBerry Professional. Does anyone know when an update is expected?
Old 09-05-2008, 05:54 AM   #132
bzpxh5

Model: 8100
Carrier: voda uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhprice View Post
b.Export customers rules
ii.Click on "Options"
This worked a treat as we are on Sp6 with a few users having trouble.

My guess is that because that out of office is a hidden rule - this cleans it out
Firstly I got the user to quit outlook -
then setup the user's mail profile from my machine, and logged into their mailbox and exported the rules.

then used outlook.exe /profile /cleanrules so that I could do it from my desk.

They will have to setup the message again.

Thanks for tip

I started the original 2007 OOF thread under my old alias "contra" that I lost when I was an NZ voda Carrier, so I am a happy man now living in the UK. Although I wish I still had my carrier tools....

Last edited by bzpxh5; 09-05-2008 at 05:57 AM..
Closed Thread