BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 09:10 AM   #1
cdysthe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Yahoo! Mail and multiple accounts.

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I am currently using two Yahoo! Mail accounts to get mail pushed to my BB (T-Mobile BIS 2.0). Since my Yahoo accounts gets mail forwarded from my two ISP accounts I have had to purchase the paid version of Yahoo! Mail to be able to reply from the webmail interface with the right from address.

I was wondering if someone had found a way to use one Yahoo! Mail account and maybe filters in BIS 2.0 to manage multiple accounts coming in to the Yahoo! Mail account?

I was playing around with it and found out that one solution would be to set up two BIS accounts for the one Yahoo! Mail account and use filters to sort what gets pushed to BB. That way you would have two entries on the BB and the from address set right without having two Yahoo! Mail accounts. Howver, BIS 2.0 won't let me add two accounts with the same user name.

So I am at a loss at this point beleiving it can't be done. I wish someone could prove me wrong!

//C
Old 07-09-2006, 11:07 AM   #2
cdysthe
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default I solved it!

Hi,

I have found the solution for using one Yahoo! Mail account with multiple external e-mail addresses. You do need the paid Yahoo Mail! service to be able to process mail both on the BB and in the web mail interface.

Exsample:

I have two email addresses forwarded to my Yahoo Mail! account: [email address] and [email address]. My Yahoo Mail! address is [email address]

In Yahoo! mail you will have to set up two accounts (skipping the mail server settings), one with [email address] as reply address and one with [email address] as reply address. Now you can create and reply to mail with the correct from address set.

Then you need to use the option to add a separate e-mail address to your Yahoo! Mail account. Let's set this additional e-mail address to "me2@yahoo.com".

In BIS 2.0 you set up two accounts: One for [email address] and a second for [email address]. Set reply to address for these accounts to [email address] for the first one, and [email address] for the second one.

You have to create two filters for each of the BIS accounts: For the [email address] account the filters are set not to push mail To or Cc'ed to [email address]. For the [email address] account the filters are set to not push mail To or Cc'ed to [email address]. Now you will have mail sorted to the correct BB inboxes and get the correct from address set when replying, and all your outgoing mail will be stored in the Yahoo! Mail outbox.

Limitations: You can only have one signature in Yahoo! Mail, so mail from both accounts will have to have the same signature when sent from Yahoo! Mail (this is not the case for mail on the BB where the signatures are set in BIS). Also, if someone sends mail to both your addresses it won't be pushed to your BB at all (I will try to find a way to get around that when time permits).

This works for me now. However, I have not been using it for long, so please do not hang me if there are issues with this setup I haven't thought of

//C
Closed Thread