Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 07:20 AM   #1
OffTheWallMiles

Model: 8520
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange
Default BlackBerry Messenger - Frozen and confusing

Please Login to Remove!

You've probably heard this question asked thousands of times, but i'm afraid i'm going to ask it again - as i'm pretty confused and need some helpful assistance!

I've only had my BlackBerry services for a few days, and was really getting into the use of the messenger, when suddenly.. it stopped working in the manner it initially did...

I have a UK BlackBerry Curve 8520, using an orange SIM card, OS - 4.6

I'm pretty sure the icon was initially titled 'BlackBerry Messenger' I had being using version 5.0 downloaded from the app world on the phone. Randomly, my messenger stopped receiving what my friend was sending me.. I clicked back to the messenger main menu to find i could click on contacts profiles, click on my own etc, i would also end chats but I simply cannot open a chat!

I thought the solution would be simply to delete the messenger, so I went to Options > Application > Deleted BBM V 5.0, but the BlackBerry Messenger icon was still in my menu, I clicked it and it opened up.. but i still couldnt open chats, however this time i noticed it seemed to be titled 'Blackberry PIN'.. i rebooted the blackberry but the problem still occurs, and when I go to the app world, I will not let me open/reinstall BBM

I'd really appreciate any assistance you can offer!
Old 06-17-2010, 10:32 AM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

By rebooted do you mean you did a battery pull?

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Closed Thread