Old 09-27-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
NoBox
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT&Verizon
Default Synch with Desktop Problem

Please Login to Remove!

I use a Torch 9800 and Desktop Manager 6 and MS Outlook. I also use two separate computers. When I travel I copy all the Blackberry and Outlook files from Computer A to Computer B. Before I copy I make sure to synch my BB.

It seems that when I then later synch the Torch to Computer B with later data it should synch normally, i.e. latest mod on two way synch updates the appropriate machine, either the Computer of the Torch.

That isn't what is happening. Computer B is treating the Torch as if it is the out of date machine and wants to delete everything on it and replace with by then out of date data.

Apparently Computer B thinks it is the latest info even though that is not the case.

What is happening? How to fix?
Old 09-29-2012, 09:18 AM   #2
NoBox
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Re: Synch with Desktop Problem

Is this posted in the wrong place? Or, is it that no one can help with this Torch Synch problem?
Old 09-29-2012, 12:28 PM   #3
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

You need to reload desktop manager and add the BB as if it's new. Then copy over the backup you will make before you do anything. Also re-install the current OS you have on the BB on the new computer.

doing a file copy from an old computer will leave off files that are either in another folder or hidden.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:34 AM   #4
NoBox
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsac View Post
You need to reload desktop manager and add the BB as if it's new. Then copy over the backup you will make before you do anything. Also re-install the current OS you have on the BB on the new computer.

doing a file copy from an old computer will leave off files that are either in another folder or hidden.
So, copying the current files from Computer A to Computer B doesn't do it?

I don't understand why I would have to reinstall the BB OS on the Computer. The OS on the BB doesn't change.

I don't see any BB files anywhere else on either computer.

Any idea what files are hidden?
Old 10-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #5
NoBox
Thumbs Must Hurt

Might be a communication problem but the answer to my question didn't make any sense to me. Lacking anything else and no further explanation I just experimented a bit when I had time. Solution seems to be just doing a one way synch on the gaining computer. Moving from A to B just be sure the BB is current then do a one way synch to B. Same on reverse. After than all seems to work fine.

The whole synch thing with BB is a kludge out of cave man times. Hopefully they will make some changes in the new system.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #6
ahsoitgo

Model: 9810
Carrier: LIME in jamaica

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also have a similar problem. My organizer is set to sync both ways. however, when i add something to my notes, it does not sync. what could be wrong. The same thing happens when i update some addresses.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #7
ahsoitgo

Model: 9810
Carrier: LIME in jamaica

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also have a similar problem. My organizer is set to sync both ways. however, when i add something to my notes, it does not sync. what could be wrong. The same thing happens when i update some addresses.
Closed Thread