BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 04:16 PM   #1
ankitrn

Model: 9300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile
Default please help!! new blackberry curve 3g with blank screen and red light blink x 4

Please Login to Remove!

please help me.. I've been trying so hard to fix my blackberry. I tried EVERYTHING from apploader, removing battery and keeping it out, bbsak, jl_cmder,and desktop manager. Basically my blackberry's os crashed and its now giving me a blank screen (no light even with battery put in. However, it does blink 4 times when plugged in my computer through usb.). Keeping this problem aside, my computer can't even detect it in the first place so I can't reload the os in the first place! I went to device manager in the pc and found that there is no blackberry harddrive even when i installed rim's latest software version (v 6.0) on my computer. I also tried everything from removing the battery and then connecting my blackberry to the computer, connecting the blackberry after the apploader has been opened (yes, the desktop manager was closed at this point) and there was no COM1 port, no Unknown USB thing, nothing. I also deleted the vendor.xml file. There is no moisture damage since the battery's moisture strip is white and not pink. I've spent 5 days searching through the forums online and I found nothing. I also tried crackberry's how to reload a nuked blackberry 101 tutorial and still no luck. Can someone please help me? D:
Old 01-17-2011, 04:36 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon
Default Re: please help!! new blackberry curve 3g with blank screen and red light blink x 4

Did you drop it or get it wet?

And please tell us what model BB you have and your cell carrier and update your profile with that information. There is no model number "3g"

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!

Last edited by Dubdub; 01-17-2011 at 04:38 PM..
Old 01-17-2011, 04:42 PM   #3
ankitrn

Default Re: please help!! new blackberry curve 3g with blank screen and red light blink x 4

no i didn't drop it nor did I get it wet. I bought it from outside the states.. (Dubai, basically). Sorry about the profile info though.. There was no space to write Curve 3g so i wrote 3g.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:04 PM   #4
ankitrn

can anyone help me??...
Old 01-17-2011, 09:35 PM   #5
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

Seems like you tried most things so at this point I would try a different OEM data cable.
It is possible yours is defective. If the PC sees it then you can then reload the OS for the Curve. If that fails then you may have a hardware issue.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:58 PM   #6
Dubdub
Appleinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitrn View Post
Sorry about the profile info though.. There was no space to write Curve 3g so i wrote 3g.
Please use the model number of your device, NOT the name, i.e. Curve. There are several different Curves, the 8300 series, the 8500 series, the 8900 series and now the 9300 series. It makes a difference.

-->>Twitter

Old 01-18-2011, 06:54 AM   #7
ankitrn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsac View Post
Seems like you tried most things so at this point I would try a different OEM data cable.
It is possible yours is defective. If the PC sees it then you can then reload the OS for the Curve. If that fails then you may have a hardware issue.
alright, I'll try buying a new cable.. Let's hope it works.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:55 AM   #8
ankitrn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubdub View Post
Please use the model number of your device, NOT the name, i.e. Curve. There are several different Curves, the 8300 series, the 8500 series, the 8900 series and now the 9300 series. It makes a difference.
Sorry again!
Old 01-18-2011, 08:16 AM   #9
Dubdub
Appleinator

The more I think about this and look into it, I am inclined to agree with tsac. I think it is most likely a hardware issue, especially if you haven't dropped it or gotten it moist/damp/wet.

Did you try connecting to BBSAK _ BB Swiss Army Knife (Google to find it).

-->>Twitter

Old 01-18-2011, 10:15 AM   #10
ankitrn

yes i did. The program says no device found. I'll try doing what tsac suggested..
Closed Thread