Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 05:45 PM   #1
beckett1

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Orange
Default Trackball clicks not responding or double clicking sometimes

Please Login to Remove!

Hey guys, my 8900's trackball started acting funny lately. Sometimes when I click it does not register at all and I need to make a more deliberate click to register; or I press the trackball in and it double clicks.

I opened up my 8900 and attempted to clean up any dust and debris that may have found itself into the trackball area. This helped a little bit but the clicking is still inconsistent.

My question is, if I purchase a trackball replacement should this fix the problem or is the problem more with the PCB board sensor? Rolling action in all directions is fine.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
aplw

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

I have the same problem with my Bold. It double clicks when I press it once. The Rogers rep told me to do a clean install; didn't work. Did you fix your problem beckett1?
Old 09-10-2009, 05:47 PM   #3
wolfgaze
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckett1 View Post
Hey guys, my 8900's trackball started acting funny lately. Sometimes when I click it does not register at all and I need to make a more deliberate click to register; or I press the trackball in and it double clicks.

I opened up my 8900 and attempted to clean up any dust and debris that may have found itself into the trackball area. This helped a little bit but the clicking is still inconsistent.

My question is, if I purchase a trackball replacement should this fix the problem or is the problem more with the PCB board sensor? Rolling action in all directions is fine.
I'm having the same problem.. I have to push down pretty hard now to get my trackball to register my click... This wasn't the case early on....

Now I did replace my trackball with a new one but later put the OEM atomic trackball back in.... It was fine initially but now I have to click hard... I'm just going to live with it and try to consciously remember to push harder when clicking... Tired of taking my phone apart and reassembling it....
Old 09-11-2009, 02:10 PM   #4
beckett1

Carrier: Orange

I was never able to fix this, so I sold the phone, no more trackballs for me
Old 09-11-2009, 02:23 PM   #5
wolfgaze
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckett1 View Post
I was never able to fix this, so I sold the phone, no more trackballs for me
LOL!

Trackballs aren't inherently evil.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:01 PM   #6
david9962000
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9360
Carrier: at&t

The trackpad on the 8520 is the future. That will solve all the trackball problems.