Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCgirl View Post
Here are some other "carrying case" options:

1. Cellet vertical case
2. Cellet horizontal "sandwich" case (no flap)
3. Monaco Apex "sleeve-type" case front
4. Monaco Apex "sleeve-type" case back
5. PDair Shell case (similar to Krusell Cabriolet but with small flap). No "unstitching" necessary if you want to remove the belt clip.
I have the Monaco case, worked well on my dash, but is terrible for the UMA Curve. Rubs on the trackball way to much... Went back to the OEM case and thinking of a Seido clip.

Luigi
Old 10-22-2007, 02:17 PM   #42
FarSeide
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

I went ahead and purchased this "SUPER SLIM HYBRID HARD CASE-BLACKBERRY CURVE" form Seidio and was wondering if this would fit inside the BB OEM 83xx leather case ? I used the OEM Silicone skin along with the OEM Leather case but wasnt sure if Seidio's product would... anyone ?
Old 10-22-2007, 05:00 PM   #43
luc-mobile
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: Claro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndub33 View Post
Just got my Curve yesterday, and am not crazy about the OEM sleve that came with it-no clip, and no cutout so that you can leave the handset in the sleeve while charging. Keep posting suggestions here, I am in the market...
I guess no one can figure out how that bundled sleeve can be really useful. I'd love to see some RIM representative step up and try to explain it, beginning with the words: " - This is what we were thinking..."

But I also don't see how a skin can really protect the phone with all those holes and openings all over it. They reduce risks, but still expose the phone to dust, scratches and dents.

I am using this Gizmoskin pouch and I like it. I find it a little bulky. I certainly prefer to carry the phone in my pocket, I thought I would never be one of those dorky phone-in-the-holster guys. But what the heck, it is very good protection and can actually hide pretty well under the shirt. The magnet is pretty strong. I can leave it clinging to the fridge door and it won't drop.

Sorry about the "dorky" remark. I don't want to insult anyone, I'm actually one of you now. LOL

Last edited by luc-mobile; 10-22-2007 at 05:07 PM..
Old 10-22-2007, 05:53 PM   #44
Lifestyles
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Z10
PIN: 24D2ED97
Carrier: Rogers
Cool My skinning and protection choices...

Quote:
Originally Posted by luc-mobile View Post
I guess no one can figure out how that bundled sleeve can be really useful. I'd love to see some RIM representative step up and try to explain it, beginning with the words: " - This is what we were thinking..."

But I also don't see how a skin can really protect the phone with all those holes and openings all over it. They reduce risks, but still expose the phone to dust, scratches and dents.

I am using this Gizmoskin pouch and I like it. I find it a little bulky. I certainly prefer to carry the phone in my pocket, I thought I would never be one of those dorky phone-in-the-holster guys. But what the heck, it is very good protection and can actually hide pretty well under the shirt. The magnet is pretty strong. I can leave it clinging to the fridge door and it won't drop.

Sorry about the "dorky" remark. I don't want to insult anyone, I'm actually one of you now. LOL
I just got my Curve 8310 on Friday WOOHOO!! Over the weekend, I purchased a 4GB micro SD card, a Black Blackberry skin (BlackBerry Accessories Store - Product Detail ), and the blackberry holster (BlackBerry Accessories Store - Product Detail). The skin and holster work well together. The skin keeps the Curve nice and tight in the holster, yet easy enough to pull out when I need it. Although the included oem case does alright, I personally like the 'Dorky Holster look!'. I prefer the holster as I tend to be very active, and also ride a motorcycle (www.CruiserCustomizing.com - Member Detail). The holster has a great swivel, ratchet clip that wraps around the bottom of my belt, ensuring that it doesn't slip off like some can. Compared to my last case, a VaJa, for my 8700, which kept the device wrapped in leather with a big flap covering the face of it, I like that I can take this one out to use it. I have also just ordered the BestSkinsEver, full body skin (RIM Blackberry 8300 8320 Curve Total Body Skin)for it as well. This will go under the Black Skin, to protect the screen, and "just in case". One can't be too careful with their toys! For the price point, BSE vs the InvisibleShield... Why not?

950, 957, 6710, 7100, 7210, 8700, 8300, 8310, BOLD 9000, 9800 Torch BBZ10/32GB PlayBook/32GB HP TouchPad
Old 10-22-2007, 07:11 PM   #45
ndub33
Stuck In The '70's Mod

Model: 9810

Quote:
Originally Posted by luc-mobile View Post

As an update to my prior post, I'm now using an old 7100 OEM case with my Curve, and it works like a champ. I can charge it while it's in the case, and it has a clip. Fits great too.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:46 PM   #46
sc93
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: TMobile
Default Sena

I just got my new Sena leather case for my Curve 8320.
I love it.
http://www.senacases.com/blackberry-...ases/brown.jpg
It has a magnetic flap that works perfectly.
When the flap closes the BB turns off-I dont know why,lol, but it does.
Access to every button.
NO plastic cover on screen, I like that a lot.
Has option to use belt clip or not.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:38 AM   #47
Quitch
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Vodafone

I just want to get the least obtrusive clip case that I can so I can put it on my belt while I'm in the office. I had an 8800 and it was so easy to carry around, now I have an 8310 with that stupid case. A magnet strip for auto-lock is a must.

I actually found a use for it, my coat has a pocket for mobile phones and the case holder fits in there perfectly!

Last edited by Quitch; 10-23-2007 at 10:40 AM..
Old 10-23-2007, 01:10 PM   #48
DigitalX

Carrier: AT&T

I'm using the SUPER SLIM RUBBERIZED HARD CASE-BLACKBERRY CURVE - CSR2YBB8300-BK case with this screen protector ULTIMATE SCREEN GUARD FOR BLACKBERRY CURVE - * SPM1BB8300 currently.

It seems to provide adequate protection and the screen protector is virtually invisible, but it only covers the LCD portion of the glass--not the entire glass. So, the "screen" is protected, but not the whole glass plate, which I find a tad disappointing. Hopefully they'll offer one that covers the entire glass plate at a later date.

Also, I was hoping the ruberization would make it a tad easier to hold. As it is, it seems just as slippery as the case itself ... I guess I was expecting a more rubbery feel. The design of the case partially obscures the top of the word BlackBerry on the front of the device, which seems odd. On the back of the device it significantly obscures the word BlackBerry, but I can understand that part since it is only visible where there is a cut-out for Seidio's new battery door with a speaker opening for louder sound.

All in all, it's the simplest solution I have found. Although, I'd give special mention to the eSHOPlimited.com - Your one place to buy authentic BRAND NEW OEM accessories Hard Shell Case and Holster (clear polycarbonate plastic) because the plastic actually covers the screen in one piece without needing a separate screen protector.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:44 PM   #49
rtst31975
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 241F0001

I LOVE LOVE this leather vertical case for my 8320 Curve. I must have looked at a dozen different holsters and skins and none of them simple, sleek and stylish as this one. If you find yourself in a shirt and tie and wanting a Blackberry strapped to your side, I would give this one a shot.

eAccess eStore - RIM BlackBerry 8700 Leather Case
Old 10-23-2007, 09:36 PM   #50
dirtypirate

PIN: 0.7 Red Ink
Carrier: Slave by Contract to AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtst31975 View Post
I LOVE LOVE this leather vertical case for my 8320 Curve. I must have looked at a dozen different holsters and skins and none of them simple, sleek and stylish as this one. If you find yourself in a shirt and tie and wanting a Blackberry strapped to your side, I would give this one a shot.

Sweet case, thanks for the post and the pic!
Old 10-23-2007, 11:47 PM   #51
flash24
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9930
PIN: 3319688F
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtst31975 View Post

http://www.eaccess-estore.com/store/...ather_Case.gif

Is that just a pouch? No clip or anything?

Proud to Serve USAF
Old 10-24-2007, 04:18 AM   #52
GLOCKshooter

I have the Seidio ruberized case and clip, and a piece of leftover BSE skin over the screen. I really like this setup, but i would like the option of using a leather pouch sometimes, but don't want to take the ruberized case off, so I doubt it will fit in an OEM 8320 holster. I am considering ordering an 8700 pouch, but have not committed. Anyone tried this? I am aathinking of something like this

eAccess eStore - Leather Swivel Holster for 8700 Series
Old 10-24-2007, 04:40 AM   #53
Quitch
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash24 View Post
Is that just a pouch? No clip or anything?
The sales page says it has no clip... so how are you strapping it to your side? Tucking it into your belt doesn't seem elegant to me!
Old 10-24-2007, 05:14 AM   #54
BurningBerry

Model: 8700
Carrier: T-Mobile & Vodafone

I Live Dangerously

Amicus Certus In Re Incerta Cernitur
Old 10-24-2007, 08:50 AM   #55
FarSeide
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOCKshooter View Post
I have the Seidio ruberized case and clip, and a piece of leftover BSE skin over the screen. I really like this setup, but i would like the option of using a leather pouch sometimes, but don't want to take the ruberized case off, so I doubt it will fit in an OEM 8320 holster. I am considering ordering an 8700 pouch, but have not committed. Anyone tried this? I am aathinking of something like this

eAccess eStore - Leather Swivel Holster for 8700 Series
I used to use the blackberry OEM skin along with their OEM Leather case and it was a snug fit. It was actually nice since the phone wouldnt accidentally slip out...
Old 10-24-2007, 10:30 AM   #56
wmcamp0

Currently I am using a Maxpedition Phone Holder -M, shown here

CP-M - Phone Holders - MAXPEDITION HARD-USE GEAR (Home of the Rollypoly Folding Dump Pouch)

this is what I used to carry my old HTC 8125 in. I am debating on adding a skin or the sedio hard case. but the red on this is just almost to pretty to cover up. lol anyway, this is a great case thats clipped to my EDC bag for work or out and about. It can also be a belt holster if need be.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:32 PM   #57
dirtypirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcamp0 View Post
Currently I am using a Maxpedition Phone Holder -M, shown here

CP-M - Phone Holders - MAXPEDITION HARD-USE GEAR (Home of the Rollypoly Folding Dump Pouch)

this is what I used to carry my old HTC 8125 in. I am debating on adding a skin or the sedio hard case. but the red on this is just almost to pretty to cover up. lol anyway, this is a great case thats clipped to my EDC bag for work or out and about. It can also be a belt holster if need be.

Wow thats pretty much military grade right there!
Old 10-24-2007, 03:23 PM   #58
rtst31975
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 241F0001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quitch View Post
The sales page says it has no clip... so how are you strapping it to your side? Tucking it into your belt doesn't seem elegant to me!
It does have a clip..I just realized that the one I posted the picture of doesn;t have it. ANyways, I got mine at a Best Buy, but I had to really search through all their cases to find it. The clip on the back say "Rim" so i assume that is the companies name who designs it.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:42 AM   #59
dirtypirate

For now I ended up going with the BB Vinyl Pocket Carry Case. I scored it for $13.99 (Reg $24.99).
Old 10-28-2007, 09:35 AM   #60
ateganda29
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalX View Post
I'm using the SUPER SLIM RUBBERIZED HARD CASE-BLACKBERRY CURVE - CSR2YBB8300-BK case with this screen protector ULTIMATE SCREEN GUARD FOR BLACKBERRY CURVE - * SPM1BB8300 currently.

It seems to provide adequate protection and the screen protector is virtually invisible, but it only covers the LCD portion of the glass--not the entire glass. So, the "screen" is protected, but not the whole glass plate, which I find a tad disappointing. Hopefully they'll offer one that covers the entire glass plate at a later date.

Also, I was hoping the ruberization would make it a tad easier to hold. As it is, it seems just as slippery as the case itself ... I guess I was expecting a more rubbery feel. The design of the case partially obscures the top of the word BlackBerry on the front of the device, which seems odd. On the back of the device it significantly obscures the word BlackBerry, but I can understand that part since it is only visible where there is a cut-out for Seidio's new battery door with a speaker opening for louder sound.

All in all, it's the simplest solution I have found. Although, I'd give special mention to the eSHOPlimited.com - Your one place to buy authentic BRAND NEW OEM accessories Hard Shell Case and Holster (clear polycarbonate plastic) because the plastic actually covers the screen in one piece without needing a separate screen protector.
i like the screen protector that digitalx showed here. i first used this type of screen protector (using static and not adhesive to attach on the screen) on my treo 680 and 750. now that i'm a recent owner of an 8310, i have been looking for a similar screen protector and i was so happy to see that it exists on bb devices. he's right though, it only covers the middle part of the screen and not the area on the left and right of the trackball. hopefully there's one out there that covers the entire screen. but this one will do for now cause i really don't want to use an adhesive screen protector on my screen.

for the case, i also like the full clear hardshell that digitalx suggested. it covers the whole device minus the keyboard. but i also like the OEM Blackberry Skins in black that several of you has suggested.
Closed Thread