Bounce
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: TMO

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by numetheus View Post
Wirelessly posted

Yeah. I can see EDGE speed being bogged down a bit. But that will change once the Bold is in my hands come release time. HSPDA on att is super fast.
True, plus the bold also offers WiFi. While my 8320 offers Wifi, there is no "significant" increase over edge most of the time. I think this directly has to do w/ the processor. From what I have read, the Bold will feature better specs (overall) in addition to wifi, I'd like to see what that is all about.

I'd give it about 2-3 days before people are unlocking them for use on other networks, but I am going to keep my fingers crossed that TMO does release something.

I might have to look into this HSPDA...DSL-like speeds on the go are sounding pretty pretty good
Old 05-19-2008, 04:16 AM   #42
jtsunami09876
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: At&t

I have had the HSPDA or 3G for the Tilt and it really wasn't that fast to tell you the truth. Yes it browses faster than my Verizon BB, but not really much difference.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:50 AM   #43
someonexh
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Wirelessly posted

One thing is certain though friend, is that Dawg will attack you for talking badly about Verizon. Lol
That's a pretty crappy comment to make here. Just reading this thread, it looks like you got pretty defensive over things people said. It was even pointed out by another user.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:37 AM   #44
numetheus
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: 20FA40E8
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by someonexh View Post
That's a pretty crappy comment to make here. Just reading this thread, it looks like you got pretty defensive over things people said. It was even pointed out by another user.
I do admit it was out of line. I apologize.

http://www.facebook.com/numetheus
PIN: 20FA40E8
Old 05-19-2008, 09:33 AM   #45
MannyPR
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

If Sprint has good coverage in your area go Sprint. You get 3G, unlocked GPS and a nice looking device. Pair that with the Simply Everything plan for unlimited talk, texting, GPS internet, SprintTV and Music, pretty much everything that you can do on the device for $99.99. I got one last week and I am loving every minute of it.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:35 PM   #46
JAMESOJA
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T Mobile

I say if your into getting a new BB every year to 10 months, then go with the carrier who will let you sign a 1 year contract. Who cares if its $50 bucks more upfront for the handset, at least you have choices sooner.

Do I have the BEST Nationwide coverage, no way. I have great coverage for where I work travel and play with a reasonably priced plan and a carrier that offers excellent customer support and resolves issues with no hassles.

Is the grass always greener, you betcha. Use the trial time provided by each carrier, try a few out, test voice and data and then decide. If you sit around and think about it much longer the Bold will be out and you will start the process all over again.

For me, another one year contract will be up and I will be signing on for another year to get my new Bold at a subsidized price.

Cheers!

Last edited by JAMESOJA; 05-19-2008 at 10:36 PM..
Old 05-20-2008, 07:49 AM   #47
shona67
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Advantage VS Disadvantage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGBerry View Post
numetheus...dude...my post was not creating a carrier war. i was simply saying that GSM carriers have one version of the Curve and CDMA versions have another. in other words...no matter what you want to think, each carrier will have a version of the phone with certain features. and guess what...that parting line tends to fall between CDMA and GSM. granted, sprint may have left the GPS for open access and verizon didn't...but they are both "GPS capable" and they both have more memory and they both can take video. also...keep in mind that when you say more memory, it's storage memory...NOT RAM. the verizon curve won't necessarily run faster than the other curves. in fact, one might expect the verizon one to eventually start running slower once it gets filled up.

but anyways, i don't want to pick a fight with you, but you directly quote my post and used all caps and i just wanted to voice my opinion in that i was not creating a carrier war and i was simply stating the facts about the Curve model differences and the associating type of service they are for (GSM or Verizon)
Advantage
GSM BlackBerry would be able to use anywhere in the world!

Disadvantage
All CDMA BlackBerry don't work in other countries at all except BlackBerry 8830 World Edition.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:44 AM   #48
bbkat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshap View Post
Which carrier is the best for the curve? Who has the best version of the phone, most features, fastest internet, etc. And does every carrier let you add 3rd party apps?
I have AT&T and have loved them up until I needed to purchase a battery for my BB Curve 8300. Not one of the 5 ATT stores in my area had one in stock, nor could I get one off the ATT website. Major piss off!
Old 05-20-2008, 11:47 AM   #49
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

bbkat, if you are still in need... check other carrier retailers. Just buy the battery for a similar device/model#. For instance, at TMo, you could buy one for the 8320, or the VZW 8330 and be fine.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:49 AM   #50
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

Agreed, the VZW stores in my area always have batteries, also Best Buy or Circuit City.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:59 AM   #51
bbkat
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310

I eventually ordered one late yesterday. It really frustrated me because out of all places, I would think ATT would carry accessories to the phones they sell... and my phone isn't so outdated that they would stop carrying the products. But oh well, I'll just now have to wait and see when my new battery comes in the mail.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:26 PM   #52
Dawg
No longer Registered.

PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyPR View Post
If Sprint has good coverage in your area go Sprint. You get 3G, unlocked GPS and a nice looking device. Pair that with the Simply Everything plan for unlimited talk, texting, GPS internet, SprintTV and Music, pretty much everything that you can do on the device for $99.99. I got one last week and I am loving every minute of it.
Not Everything See Below

To the OP
Also one other difference in the VZW Curve and the Sprint Curve is the lack of MMS on the Sprint side. I would choose lack of GPS over lack of MMS but thats a personal choice you will have to make.

Quote:
Wirelessly posted

One thing is certain though friend, is that Dawg will attack you for talking badly about Verizon. Lol
Im not involved in the conversation so why bring me into it I avoided it altogether until you brought my name into it.

I see you apologized but however you didnt delete the post. There are enough other fanboys as you call them in this thread already so I will stay out of it.

Last edited by Dawg; 05-20-2008 at 12:29 PM..
Old 05-20-2008, 12:50 PM   #53
the_iceman

Model: Curve
Carrier: ATT

batteries Plus is also a good place to check out... several places in Alabama. Might be worth a call to them as well.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:40 PM   #54
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: 35AABF91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
Not Everything See Below

To the OP
Also one other difference in the VZW Curve and the Sprint Curve is the lack of MMS on the Sprint side. I would choose lack of GPS over lack of MMS but thats a personal choice you will have to make.

Im not involved in the conversation so why bring me into it I avoided it altogether until you brought my name into it.

I see you apologized but however you didnt delete the post. There are enough other fanboys as you call them in this thread already so I will stay out of it.
Hey Dawg...you get my PM? i sent you a message saying "hi" . long time no talk eh? so i just recently upgraded to the verizon curve...i must say while it has tons f bells and whistles, i still find myself able to do more and quicker on my 8700. the keyboard on the curve is driving me crazy haha.

i agree with you about the MMS vs GPS. i already have a gps (TomTom) and even if i didn't, i would still rather have MMS. or else, then you are restricted to sending 160 character text messages as the only way of texting another regular cell phone...not acceptable on sprint's part.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:02 PM   #55
Dawg
No longer Registered.

PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGBerry View Post
Hey Dawg...you get my PM? i sent you a message saying "hi" . long time no talk eh? so i just recently upgraded to the verizon curve...i must say while it has tons f bells and whistles, i still find myself able to do more and quicker on my 8700. the keyboard on the curve is driving me crazy haha.

i agree with you about the MMS vs GPS. i already have a gps (TomTom) and even if i didn't, i would still rather have MMS. or else, then you are restricted to sending 160 character text messages as the only way of texting another regular cell phone...not acceptable on sprint's part.
yeah i got it sorry I forgot to respond Good to see ya back add me back to the BBmessenger
Old 05-20-2008, 02:22 PM   #56
surfgal
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: Sprint
Default i Like Sprint!

I like my Sprint. Although, I wished it had mms to send pics.

I was happy that I was able to keep my SERO plan and not have to pay the addtional for BB. I get everything and it works great.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:20 PM   #57
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfgal View Post
I like my Sprint. Although, I wished it had mms to send pics.

I was happy that I was able to keep my SERO plan and not have to pay the addtional for BB. I get everything and it works great.
if Sprint's coverage works for you...they are definitely the way to go (minus the MMS). $99/month gets you unlimited EVERYTHING...that's an industry first and definitely a money saver. everyone i know has verizon, all of my family, all of my extended family, and all of my friends, so naturally i will stay with verizon. they are great and i like their version of the curve (it can take video!) and it has 3G. no need for Wi-Fi if you have 3G considering that the processor is slow in hand held devices and you'll arrive at the websites around the same time haha. that is what I have experienced for the most part and what my friend experienced with his iPhone on a wireless router. we did a race and it was about the same.

Last edited by JGBerry; 05-20-2008 at 05:22 PM..
Old 05-20-2008, 09:15 PM   #58
panamapat

Model: 8300
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshap View Post
Which carrier is the best for the curve? Who has the best version of the phone, most features, fastest internet, etc. And does every carrier let you add 3rd party apps?
T-Mobile for one reason - being able to using your wifi connection for all incoming/outgoing calls (UMA). Call quality is simply amazing and if you pay the additional $9.95/mo you can have all of those calls for free.

I switched from Verizon with an 8700 to T-mobile with Curve and my bills have dropped in half.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:04 PM   #59
Bounce
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamapat View Post
T-Mobile for one reason - being able to using your wifi connection for all incoming/outgoing calls (UMA). Call quality is simply amazing and if you pay the additional $9.95/mo you can have all of those calls for free.

I switched from Verizon with an 8700 to T-mobile with Curve and my bills have dropped in half.
Quoted for truth.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:22 AM   #60
JGBerry
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamapat View Post

i did that too and saw that my monthly bill dropped almost in half...but so did my overall signal strength lol. tmobile is great for the price, but you get what you pay for. in my mind, if i am already shelling out lots of money for a blackberry plan, i might as well pay a little more and have guaranteed coverage everywhere, along with EV-DO (3G) coverage everywhere too. that's just my take...but looking back on my years with tmobile and i saved around $800 by being with them instead of Verizon. eventually tho, i couldn't take certain nuisances such as not getting service in some movie theaters, or lower levels of malls, or even my grandmom's apartment building. it also didn't work in my house that great. i could dial/receive calls fine with 1-2 bars, but as soon as i picked it up to text or send an email the signal would drop and i would be without service. so...i would just type whatever i had to type and set it down which allowed it to find the signal again and successfully send.

all of my family and friends have verizon so that was an even more reason to make the switch back to verizon. i also wanted a 3G phone, which ends up being the same speed as Wi-Fi due to the processor and RAM limitations on handheld devices such as the Blackberry. of course if you were on EDGE, Wi-Fi would be MUCH faster.

overall tho, i definitely do agree that tmobile is a great deal and i saved a ton of money...and they also have great features. but when it came time to renew my contract with them or jump back to verizon, i decided to jump even after the CSR offered me the unlimited wi-fi calling for free. it was tempting, but i had to jump and join back with my friends and family, and join back with the overall great coverage everywhere etc. by the way, i live in the northeast part of the country (philadelphia suburbs, PA ...to be exact)
Closed Thread