Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 09:18 AM   #1
labman

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default BB Curve Calendar issue

Please Login to Remove!

The BB calendar shows three different calendars and I don't know why. It seems to give me the option to view only one of them, but when I try, it will not save the option. Every time I open the calendar I see all three calendars and it is sort of annoying. Can anyone help me with this? Do you know how to either delete the other two calendars or make it where I only view one by default?
Old 06-05-2008, 11:37 AM   #2
LWhitson2

Carrier: Sprint

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Curve 8330)

First off, you will have a calendar linked to each email address you have. In order to set your default calendar go to Options -> Advanced Setting -> Default Services. Let me know if you need more info.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:22 PM   #3
jeffmik
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: none
Carrier: carrier

After you've selected the default calendar (in the thread above) go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Service Books and delete the ones you don't want (email address [CICAL])

My Curve 8330 is the first BB this has happened to me with (had a 7130 and 8830 before) and these will reappear anytime your service books are resent.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:40 PM   #4
labman

Talking Thanks for your help

I deleted two that I don't think are necessary. I don't recall putting one of those addy's in the phone, any guess as to why it's there?

Also, what does "CID:CMIME" mean? There was the above mentioned "CICAL" and there is also that "CMIME".
Old 06-05-2008, 02:56 PM   #5
labman

Smile Also

When I open the calendar, all entries are duplicated. I've taken out two of the three calendars and there are still duplicate entries for every entry. I've opened them and the appear to be of the same type (calendar, not task) and they are identical in every way. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help so far.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:49 AM   #6
calkenneth
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Telenor

I have the same problem. I see both the Desktop calendar (BES - from Lotus Notes) and the Device Default calendar. The entries are more or less duplicates of each other. How do you get it to only keep the Desktop entries?
Old 06-13-2008, 06:29 AM   #7
labman

Default Figured it out

I finally had to completely wipe the phone and restore it through DM. I also changed my sync settings to sync "future" events instead of "all" events. Doing all that has fixed my problems with the calendar and using DM. This phone is awesome, once you get the kinks worked out and figure out how to use it. I went from a 7100i to 8330 and the difference is HUGE.

Thanks for your help guys.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:55 PM   #8
dougrees

Default Duplicate calendar without seeing service book

Hi - thanks for all the great details so far but I see an old calendar (twice) that I had when I did not use a BES and would like to remove it now. The e-mail address and the service book for the calendar are not in the service book listings. Any thoughts?

How do you completely start over if that is the answer?

Thanks!
Doug
Old 06-30-2008, 03:00 PM   #9
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

I pretty sure the only way to remove that is to wipe the device...
Old 06-30-2008, 04:14 PM   #10
dougrees

Default Not sure how to "wipe" the device

Hi - how do you "wipe" it?

Thanks!
Doug
Old 06-30-2008, 05:04 PM   #11
labman

Hi, I'm sorry, but I don't remember exactly how I wiped it. I remember using the advise that was given in the earlier postings and then I just played with it A LOT until I found what appeared to do what I wanted. It took me a while, but it finally worked and now the phone works great. I know this sounds kinda goofy, but I hope it helps. Sorry for the serious lack of details. I can tell you to MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR SYNC INFO BACKED UP SOME WHERE. After I wiped/erased everything, I went back in through DM and restored the phone with the latest back-up from DM. It worked.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:14 PM   #12
joeygator
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougrees View Post
Hi - how do you "wipe" it?

Thanks!
Doug
First, as mentioned above, make sure you have backed up what you want to restore.

Then go to: Options, Security Options, General Settings. Then push the menu key and select Wipe Handheld. It will make you type in Blackberry two times before it wipes the device.

Just make sure you don't lose anything you don't have backed up. I am unfamiliar with your problem but this will help you to wipe the device.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:33 AM   #13
dougrees

Default Thanks

Thank you!!
Old 07-01-2008, 02:40 PM   #14
misterb
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7100
Carrier: cingular

NO! You don't have to wipe the device. You can simply delete the calendar from the device, and then re-sync again. To do this, connect your BB to the computer running Desktop Manager. Click on Backup and Restore, and then Advanced. You'll see a couple of calendar entries on the right hand side. Click on them one by one and click remove or delete. Once all entries for the calendar have been deleted and it doesn't have any numbers to the right of calendar, then sync again. It'll send over all of the data from Outlook to your BB again, and there will not be any duplicates. Also, make sure to go into the settings of your BB on the calendar, and select to sync or save calendar entries FOREVER. This will allow you to see everything you've ever entered. Why would you want this? Sometimes it comes in handy to see where you were on the night of the 16th, 1 year ago... or the name of a doctor you saw a couple years back, etc.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:56 PM   #15
dougrees

Default Very cool but....

Hey,

Thanks for the suggestion, I can see how that would work VERY well but it won't let me touch it becuase it is setup for wireless sync. I am now using a blackberry server and can not change that setup, even for the calender I want to delete.

ANY additional suggestions would be WELCOME!

Thanks!
Doug
Old 12-30-2008, 01:26 PM   #16
dannypaulny

Model: 9700
Carrier: ATT

Is there a way to just set the calendar that you want to use as the default instead of of it going back to showing all calendars when you close out of the calendar app?
Old 04-22-2009, 11:14 AM   #17
jason.cyr13

Model: 8220
PIN: Hmmm... Maybe later
Carrier: Rogers CA

I was looking through my calendar after the facebook 1.5 update and noticed it added a calendar to my device, duplicating what I already had in there. I used the method above to remove the two extra ones and it worked great. I now have two calendars on my device. The default and my gmail cal. I want to remove the default one. Is there a way to do that?
Old 08-14-2009, 01:13 AM   #18
GumbyHendrix

I'm BBrand new. After synching w/ Google calendar I found I couldn't edit events. Battery pull didn't work. I have 5 other email accts - it loaded the calendars by default. Once I deleted all the other calendars I wasn't using - google calendar worked great & fully functional! Apparently some calendar conflict.

I borrowed this from 2 people on another forum - thanks!

"First off, you will have a calendar linked to each email address you have. In order to set your default calendar go to Options -> Advanced Setting -> Default Services.

After you've selected the default calendar (in the thread above) go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Service Books and delete the ones you don't want (email address [CICAL])"

Last edited by GumbyHendrix; 08-14-2009 at 01:14 AM..
Closed Thread