BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 09:31 AM   #1
MrFace
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular
Default Cingular 8800c issues with international?

Please Login to Remove!

I have had several of our 8800 users travel internationally and while provisioned for international calling, can NOT be called. They can make calls and receive email perfectly fine but nobody from the United States can call them.

Cingular says the problem is not on their end(yeah right). Anyone seen this before?
Old 06-09-2008, 09:39 AM   #2
cookes713
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

are there any error messages associated to the calls or do they route right to voicemail
Old 06-10-2008, 10:11 AM   #3
eusjim

Carrier: AT&T
Thumbs down ATT international service is poor.

Last November I traveled to Ireland. International service was far from seamless. I believe that the problem related to the way that calls go to voicemail, but it has been too long for the specifics.
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFace View Post
I have had several of our 8800 users travel internationally and while provisioned for international calling, can NOT be called. They can make calls and receive email perfectly fine but nobody from the United States can call them.

Cingular says the problem is not on their end(yeah right). Anyone seen this before?
Old 06-10-2008, 01:17 PM   #4
cookes713
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by eusjim View Post
Last November I traveled to Ireland. International service was far from seamless. I believe that the problem related to the way that calls go to voicemail, but it has been too long for the specifics.
Jim
A lot of that isn't controlled by your carrier, instead the local carrier that you are roaming on. If they don't have the calls routed a particular way, you will route back into a standard recording where you have the plug the number in to get to the mailbox. For the most part, these issues are based on the priority that the local carrier sets up the route back and has less to do with whom you have your service through.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:32 PM   #5
MrFace
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookes713 View Post
are there any error messages associated to the calls or do they route right to voicemail
They would route straight to voicemail. The users having this issue insist it is their phone but I'm not going to argue with them as they are management, you know how that goes...
Old 06-12-2008, 10:01 PM   #6
thielsa
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: AT&T

Sometimes you have to manually roam to a different carrier to get calls to go through. I noticed with some carriers I could only call back to the USA, and if I wanted to call someone within the country I was visiting I needed to switch to a different carrier. My guess is that this has to do with different roaming agreements AT&T has.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:26 AM   #7
MrFace
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by thielsa View Post
Sometimes you have to manually roam to a different carrier to get calls to go through. I noticed with some carriers I could only call back to the USA, and if I wanted to call someone within the country I was visiting I needed to switch to a different carrier. My guess is that this has to do with different roaming agreements AT&T has.
I completely agree with you and the people complaining even proved this their selves by switching carriers and it working!!!

Thanks!
Closed Thread