BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 05:43 AM   #1
aroughcircle
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: 250AAA26
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default 8310 Curve - Not Activating completely - wireless / cable!

Please Login to Remove!

Hi guys,
Sorry to make my first post a question, but it seems you never look for these forums until you have a problem!!

Yesterday I recieved 2 8310's, so I gave them to my manager, and his manager (both upgrading from 8100 pearls)

I know best practise is really to remove the users from the BES and then readd them, but to keep some settings, I tried to activate them without doing this. However both were taking too long (and this was via cable), so I wiped both bb's, removed then readded users in the bes.

My manager's Managers' blackberry activated without a problem, has been working since.

However my manager's one has been having problems since - I tried to activate via cable, got to 92% and was stuck for 2 hours, so wiped it and tried wireless activation, that didnt go through, said it couldnt contact server.

I started activating via cable again, and 2 hours later, activation finished.

However now he hasnt got his address book. Everything else is fine, but it doesnt give me the option to wirelessly reconcile the address book. Everything looks alright on the server.

I deleted the CMIME Desktop service book, then resent the service book + policy to his device, but still doesnt reconcile.

What do you reckon? Looks like i will have to wipe it and start again, but was wondering if there are any other service books or anything else I can do?

Cheers,
Ventzi
Old 12-04-2007, 06:39 AM   #2
aroughcircle

Found it!

BlackBerry Search Results

Deleting then undeleting the Desktop[Sync] did the job in the end, though in future will just delete the whole service book, and resend from the BES!
Old 12-04-2007, 07:57 AM   #3
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

Welcome to the forums! Glad to see you solved your own problem ... stick around !!!
Old 12-04-2007, 11:33 AM   #4
aroughcircle

oh yeh, will definately stick around

was just about to head off to the new member area to introduce myself

I actually solved the problem from an old thread on this site - using the search, and found the link to the kb article
Closed Thread