Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
barryem

Model: 7100T
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Windstream
Default App won't download

Please Login to Remove!

I bought an app yesterday, for which I was sent a receipt. It failed to download. There was no error but the progress bar showed no progress for about 30 minutes. I finally cancelled it and I went beck to try it again today but it's no longer shown in my App World as either installed or uninstalled.

I just spent about 30 minutes trying to find some way to contact Blackberry about this with no luck. I never found a number, email address or chat for Blackberry App World support or anything that resembled it.

I really don't want to buy it again. I bought it because it was on sale and I didn't mind spending a dollar to see if it was something I'd like. But I did pay for it and I want it now that I've paid.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to either get the app or get support from Blackberry about this?

Thanks,
Barry
Old 05-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: App won't download

Barry, you need to call Windstream, your mobile provider for your BlackBerry services.
They handle all AppWorld purchases and refunds and issues therein.
What they cannot resolve, you need to ask to have the issue escalated to RIM level tech support... demand it if need be.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:43 PM   #3
barryem

Thanks for your reply. However Windstream is my ISP but not my mobile provider. I don't own a Blackberry phone, just a Blackberry Playbook. My only cell phone is a Tracphone provided by Medicare.

The Playbook tablet is a Wifi only device.

Barry
Old 05-07-2012, 06:56 PM   #4
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

You might try the App developer. It should be listed in Appworld in the App.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:03 PM   #5
barryem

That's EA, and they didn't sell me the game. Blackberry did. I'm not having a problem with the game, it's that App World isn't giving me the game. They did charge me and I have the receipt they sent but no app.

I once had a problem with an app on my Ipod Touch and I called Apple. Frankly they didn't have a good answer for me but that was understandable in the situation. However, I had no problem getting in touch with someone at Apple's App store support.

I'm no Apple fan so that's not why I said that. I just expected to be able to contact someone at Blackberry if I had a problem. I find it amazing that there's no email address to contact them; no phone number; no chat. It didn't give me my app and until I find a way to contact them I'm going to be afraid to give them any more money.

Barry
Old 05-08-2012, 06:56 AM   #6
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
That's EA, and they didn't sell me the game. Blackberry did. I'm not having a problem with the game, it's that App World isn't giving me the game. They did charge me and I have the receipt they sent but no app.

I once had a problem with an app on my Ipod Touch and I called Apple. Frankly they didn't have a good answer for me but that was understandable in the situation. However, I had no problem getting in touch with someone at Apple's App store support.

I'm no Apple fan so that's not why I said that. I just expected to be able to contact someone at Blackberry if I had a problem. I find it amazing that there's no email address to contact them; no phone number; no chat. It didn't give me my app and until I find a way to contact them I'm going to be afraid to give them any more money.

Barry
We are in no way, shape, or form associated with RIM, the maker of BlackBerry. We are a community of volunteers. If you really feel you need support from RIM, you need to call your carrier and they will transfer you to RIM.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #7
barryem

I do realize that this forum isn't connected to RIM and I'm sure not blaming anyone here for this problem.

I don't have a carrier. I have a WiFi only Blackberry Playbook tablet. It's not a mobile phone so there's no one to transfer me to RIM. And I seem to be unable to get through to them myself. I was hoping someone in here could point me to a way to do that.

Barry
Closed Thread