Old 10-10-2008, 10:25 PM   #1
wassuupp

Model: Tilt
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Corporate email on AT&T Tilt

Please Login to Remove!

Hello All,

I am thinking about getting a tilt since I read that it supports BES Corporate email.

My company uses BES 4.0 servers and everyone I know has a blackberry device only....I am not aware of anyone using non-blackberry device for mobile email at my company. Our email platform is Lotus Domino.

Will tilt work with my work email? How do I know if my company has restricted access to Blackberry devices only...Is it even possible for them to not to allow non-blackberry devices? I do not want to ask my company admins because the answer I will get is "buy a blackberry"

Thank you in advance.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:33 PM   #2
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Welcome to the forums.

No one here will know what your company policy is on which devices they allow or not. That will be something you would have to ask them. I know it isn't the answer you want to hear.

As for Notes, I am not to familiar with it and WM devices, I am not sure how that would work. I am sure someone will have a definite answer for you there.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:27 AM   #3
wassuupp

Thanks...do you know if it's possible for them to restrict devices in BES security policy? Only allow Blackberry devices and not allow non-RIM devices? That's what I am trying to find out.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:16 PM   #4
dietcoke
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: dCoke
Carrier: o2

it will work. I haven't seen policies actual work on ppc. Blackberry connect works fine on the tilt... just make sure to get the blackberry enterprise addon on your wireless account. Also go and find the thread where you can setup muliple apn's on pocket pc so you can connect over the blackberry network and the wireless data network.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:44 AM   #5
wassuupp

Thanks, it's working

My Tilt already converts between "MediaNet" and "Blackberry" for Data. So I don't need the APN, correct? Also, I hope I won't get charged for "MediaNet"
Old 10-15-2008, 11:59 AM   #6
WonkotheSane
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassuupp View Post
Thanks, it's working

My Tilt already converts between "MediaNet" and "Blackberry" for Data. So I don't need the APN, correct? Also, I hope I won't get charged for "MediaNet"
Blackberry and MediaNet are APNs. It will work the way you have it, but Tilts are configured out of the box to allow only one open APN at a time. You'll notice that when you access the Internet, the Blackberry symbol on the Today screen becomes "B!". That's because MediaNet disconnected the Blackberry APN. Usually, Blackberry Connect will remake the connection, but sometimes it doesn't. Also, this switching back and forth slows everything down and sometimes confuses programs. You'll be much happier if you do the registry tweak to allow multiple open APNs:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/blac...ml#post1136619
Old 10-26-2008, 11:53 AM   #7
bobby jones
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: e90
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassuupp View Post
Thanks...do you know if it's possible for them to restrict devices in BES security policy? Only allow Blackberry devices and not allow non-RIM devices? That's what I am trying to find out.

your company can restrict non-blackberry access as noted above relative to their security policy and knowing what it is.

i would check with them if you can use blackberry connect.

you do need a blackberry connect data plan though.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:13 PM   #8
mariog7
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

Wow, this looks really promising for me!

I connect to my companies BES with my 8830 and they have a tight IT policy which:

1) Restricts me from loading 3rd party software on my device
2) I work for a European company and I have to connect through their gateway, which slows things down significantly.

I was wondering - if I go with the AT&T Tilt, can I connect to my BES and get away from these tight restrictions and no longer be routed through the European gateway?

And is any additional software required? Because IT will not load any further software on the server.

Thanks.