illuzioN
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean76 View Post
Troll? Are u talkin to me new Jack? Easy on how u speak to people, and choose your words a little wiser.

dude.... based from the info your stating... it sounds to me that the 9700 is built like a Fishers Price toy....

comon now
Old 11-25-2009, 12:23 AM   #42
sean76
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: AT&T, VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuzioN View Post
dude.... based from the info your stating... it sounds to me that the 9700 is built like a Fishers Price toy....

comon now

Dude, based on the info from your statment, you have been here for 5min! I've been rollin with a berry since the screens were black and white, and they were the size of a beer mug. When u come on a forum, and your new it's best to be polite and not use nasty words, like Troll.lol! As for fisher price... This is a forum based on Blackberry devices, and that includes reviews of all types. So my review is that no the 9700 from I've seen is not built as well as it should be IMO! Now from a guy saying he gets 4 days of talk time without a single charge, with 25% of battery life left, as u stated in a previous Thread, I guess the 9700 is perfect for u, because most likely ur using it as paper weight and not as a business device that gets daily use. Hey, no hard feelings and Welcome to the forum..

Last edited by sean76; 11-25-2009 at 12:24 AM..
Old 11-25-2009, 12:30 AM   #43
illuzioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean76 View Post
Dude, based on the info from your statment, you have been here for 5min! I've been rollin with a berry since the screens were black and white, and they were the size of a beer mug. When u come on a forum, and your new it's best to be polite and not use nasty words, like Troll.lol! As for fisher price... This is a forum based on Blackberry devices, and that includes reviews of all types. So my review is that no the 9700 from I've seen is not built as well as it should be IMO! Now from a guy saying he gets 4 days of talk time without a single charge, with 25% of battery life left, as u stated in a previous Thread, I guess the 9700 is perfect for u, because most likely ur using it as paper weight and not as a business device that gets daily use. Hey, no hard feelings and Welcome to the forum..

lol.... iv been here for 3-4 days now not 5 min... BUT that still makes me a newb... and yes I admit, this is my first crackberry...

I just dont see how your having so much issues with your celly thus far! and you are correct, I havent been using the Blackberry and all the APPS and email, Iv just used it for a few text messages and a few phone calls, ect..

Did I mention that I lowered the backlight down to 60% ? maybe that helped

but anyways, thanks for the welcome

and blackberrys used to be black and white?
Old 11-25-2009, 12:41 AM   #44
sean76
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: AT&T, VZW

Lol... Yes, the screens were insanly low lite and black and white! Very high tech back in the day. Listen, RIM is great! They make a great product, however they slip here and there. But for the most part, one will always be on my hip, or in my pocket. For business, it's a must have device. Glad you got a good one, and your enjoying it. Some of us have not been so lucky..lol! Anyway, enjoy your new gadget, and again welcome to the best blackberry forum on the Internet!
Old 11-25-2009, 12:23 PM   #45
ShaqDiesel

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Had an issue with my first 9700 with the LCD being crooked. Took it back to AT&T and they replaced it and all is good with the new device.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:00 PM   #46
btaylor1
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Q10

i looked at a bold 9700 this morning in nacogdoches. i was impressed. the look and feel were nice. i feared the smaller keyboard was going to bother me since i like the (bigger) bold 9000's keyboard so much. i am going to stand pat with bold 9000 simply because it's a very nice machine and if don't change, i don't have to change my office charging situation and comfort plus carkit and learn new tricks (or fiddle with os upgrades) for a while. but i did think the 9700 had a nice look and feel and the trackpad felt like it could be an improvement!
Old 11-25-2009, 02:59 PM   #47
canvasback13
Thumbs Must Hurt

I have had the 9700 for a day now. I think the build quality is better than the four 9000s i had. The build is tight and less sqeeky. The battery door is much improved and will not pop off as easily as the 9000 door would. The 9700 simply feels a little more solid.

Build quality is not where the iPhone is(this is coming from a guy who hates the I phone an wouldn't use one if you paid me).

The smaller key board takes a little getting used to, but i am already getting accustomed to it. I love the track pad.

The screen seems as good as the bold, which i still think is amazing.

I am not sure if it is really worth upgrading from the bold because they are so similar.

Overall I really like it and think is the best bb yet. I hope it has the durability that my old 8700 had, that was a tank. The 9000s I had would break it you looked at them funny.

Previously 6700/7750/7100t/8700c/8100/9000
Old 11-25-2009, 04:41 PM   #48
rontiu
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: ATT Wireless

Just received my 9700 unit yesterday directly from ATT - mine is made in canada if that is making a difference.

I have put a skin on the unit immediately and I am waiting for my screen protector, hopefully on Saturday. So far in between all the handing and battery removal several times yesterday, I couldn't detect anything lose or not working with the unit. It is definitely similar to the Bold 9000, in my opinion.

I would say though that more precision was needed in building the 9700 because everything is extremely tight design wise. Literally, the battery fits exactly into the area.

I would say that the 9700 is solid so far, cannot say that it is more superior over the 9000, but for sure over the 8800/8820 units.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:50 AM   #49
calkenneth
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Telenor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontiu View Post
Just received my 9700 unit yesterday directly from ATT - mine is made in canada if that is making a difference.
I wonder if there is a way to determine, based off the IMEI or PIN, where the unit was manufactured. For example, my Bold 9000 was manufactured in Hungary.
Old 12-25-2009, 12:43 PM   #50
calkenneth
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Telenor

I just got the AT&T Bold 9700. This is my second one. The first one had a screen that was crooked (or maybe it was the bezel that wasn't attached right) such that you could actually see some of the circuitry behind the screen.

The second one is fine, except for a nasty rattle near the camera area. I've read that some other people have had the same problem. AT&T Bold 9700 sounds like baby's rattle - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
Old 12-25-2009, 10:02 PM   #51
ItsaRaid

PIN: 217B8701

I just got a 9700 yesterday Evening- I got rid of a Apple I-Phone 3G/32s, I got rid of Apple and their strangle hold on my wallet, along with their cronie threats of violated warranty if I jailbreak the phone.

The 9700 is wonderful, No Flaws, Needed help with a couple things got put through to RIM Support via AT&T, Free Support, Great Support, and nice people to work wiith, not the retards Apple Hires for Tech Help.

This Evening I called AT&T, got my Blackberry Mail Account fixed up and we Unlocked the Phone, First try. I did not have to Beg for the Unlock Code, actually the rep was marvelous, we did it over the phone, hit "Gold" the first time, and then he emailed me the codes for safety purpose for the future. What more could you ask for?

Dont just look at the "Build Quality of the 9700" Look at the whole package. I see smooth seams, a beautiful device, that asks its owner to pick it up and coddle it. I have no creaks, uneven lines, or bad production anywhere.

The only thing I saw that was Bad, was Steve Jobs- No more about him.

I got up this morning and my Blackberry 9700 asked me if I wanted a Hug, I replied, why of course!

Merry Christmas to all, and Happy New Year. Leica builds lousey stuff as well, not all is perfect in the world of Mercedes Benz and BMW as well. Its the Whole Picture that counts, just not the device alone.

Last edited by ItsaRaid; 12-25-2009 at 10:04 PM..
Old 12-26-2009, 02:34 AM   #52
palomartian
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: ched off BBM, gained 3MB
Carrier: att

Quote:
Originally Posted by canvasback13 View Post
...The 9000s I had would break it you looked at them funny.
I've all but worn paint off off my 9000 in the last year or so. Dropped it a few times, never put anything protective on it, not even a screen cover. It works better than it did when I got it.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:38 PM   #53
JG in SB

I have been using mine for several weeks now and I have no issues with te build quality. Looks and works great. And I am pretty picky, so if there was a build quality issue, even just an annoying issue, not a functionality issue, I would have definitely noticed.

Remember folks, have some perspective about things like this. This is a $200.00 phone, not a $8,000.00 Swiss watch. I am always amazed at folks that expect the Swiss watch perfection out of a consumer device with a 24 month projected lifespan.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:15 PM   #54
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S
Carrier: Verizon

I'm always amazed at peoples rationalization of disposable property.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:19 PM   #55
wayneholbrook

Model: 9000
PIN: 20D214AB

Works great, keybaord a little small, but I knew that going into it.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:52 PM   #56
toribug3000

I have went through 5 of these things already each one having various build quality issues. Dont get me wrong it is an awesome phone, but the flaws drag it down. I have had buttons that do not work, trackpads that have fell off, bleeding on the bottom near the AT&T logo, screens that are lopsided. Some might call me anal or whatever but when I pay for something, such as an expensive blackberry I want one that is actually worth buying and so far none of the ones I have had are worth what I paid. Think I'll be going back to my 9000
Old 01-06-2010, 09:06 PM   #57
Mako5
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: AT&T via Bluefish

Excellent. No creaking, loose parts or bleeding light. Very tight.
Closed Thread