BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 12:59 PM   #1
2Jaze

Model: 7520
Default IM Messaging Software

Please Login to Remove!

Does anyone have the direct link to download the yahoo messenger via the handheld? I had it but lost it.

Also, are there any better AIM clients than Ramble or IM+ ? I hate them both and last I checked, the AIM itself was a $50 download.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:02 PM   #2
coreyg510
BBF Veteran

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

Multiple IM threads...

http://www.blackberryforums.com/show...t=applications

http://www.blackberryforums.com/show...t=applications

http://www.blackberryforums.com/show...&highlight=AIM

http://www.blackberryforums.com/show...&highlight=AIM
Old 04-13-2006, 12:42 AM   #3
eGGz
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7290
Carrier: T-Mobile
Exclamation Pay Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Jaze
Also, are there any better AIM clients than Ramble or IM+ ? I hate them both and last I checked, the AIM itself was a $50 download.
No matter what you'll have to pay for a multi-protocol client.

I personally am in the process of testing the top four and here is how I rank them:

#1 WebMessenger
#2 VeriChat
#3 IM+
Still need to try Causerie, not sure which to install since it comes as two different installs (?)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1 Corinthians 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

Last edited by eGGz; 04-13-2006 at 12:43 AM.. Reason: icon
Old 04-15-2006, 06:13 PM   #4
ph0ng

Model: 7250

Quote:
Originally Posted by eGGz

I personally am in the process of testing the top four and here is how I rank them:

#1 WebMessenger
#2 VeriChat
#3 IM+
Still need to try Causerie, not sure which to install since it comes as two different installs (?)

could you show me how to install this program?
I'm with Telus > 7250> do i have to use BES in order for those program above to work?
Old 05-06-2006, 02:35 AM   #5
causeriesupport

Model: 7100T
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by eGGz

#1 WebMessenger
#2 VeriChat
#3 IM+
eGGz: Just to clear off the misconceptions, Causerie comes in only one installation.

You should see a new version with load of features very shortly from us. If you are connecting directly without a BES, it would work fine without any changes. With BES and if the administrator disabled access to ports other than 80 (http), please use HTTP connection in preferences.

We have been dormant in BB space as our enterprise customers were speculative due to RIM's instability in the US market because of the recent lawsuits. Glad that everything has been resolved and we will start fighting strongly in the bb space.

Causerie has probably the largest userbase in mobile im/voip enterprise market encompassing products on wide range of PDAs like Nokia, Palm, BB, j2Me, Symbian etc. We recently launched mobiVoIP - first VoIP client for Palm and we are working to bring the technology to BB.

Our Blackberry has been very well recognized in the enterprise market and we would like to hear your comments on our BB product and how we can improve.

Causerie BB features multiple instant messaging supports BOTS, direct chat support during normal working hours, typing, file transfers, conferences etc.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:36 AM   #6
jungleland
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: BOLD
Carrier: At&t

WOW, all ya got to do is look....Normally I think the mods are ass#oles for blasting people, but in this case, you deserve it...
Old 05-08-2006, 03:13 PM   #7
eGGz

Thumbs down Haha you suck! :-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by causeriesupport
eGGz: Just to clear off the misconceptions, Causerie comes in only one installation.
Really? Then why do I have to seperate folders after unzipping? causerie.zip contains:

enterprise
premier

folders and they are not the exact same size... I tried both, they are both very crash prone. This is version 1.57 I also did not appreciate the poor documentation on the web site and lack of README type file or help files for the installation which should have been included in the zip file. Shame on you.

I already purchased WebMessenger. So
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by eGGz; 05-08-2006 at 03:15 PM.. Reason: complain for lack of help files
Old 05-09-2006, 04:39 PM   #8
jlanger

eGGz, I have installed the trial version of causerie on my 7100t this morning and I could get it to work.

any case, I myself being a developer do not support your comments. lf there are problems with installation or software, I think it would just suffice to let the developer know rather than ridiculing them.

Good luck with your webmessenger
Old 05-09-2006, 06:11 PM   #9
eGGz

Cool Hey man, not my problem they suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlanger
eGGz, I have installed the trial version of causerie on my 7100t this morning and I could get it to work.
Good for you. Did you have two folders after unzipping as well? Oh and the 7100 sucks because it does not have a full keyboard like a BlackBerry was intended to have. You have a wannabe BlackBerry, congrats.
Quote:
any case, I myself being a developer do not support your comments.
That's fine, you have that right.
Quote:
lf there are problems with installation or software, I think it would just suffice to let the developer know rather than ridiculing them.
Hahaha, OK you're a new member to this forum, (based on your post count,) and I too am relatively new. But if you've had spent any considerable amount of time "lurking" on here and reading IM related posts as I have, then you would have noticed how these Causerie people like to SPAM this forum with poorly done promos and defenses to their software, often making new forum accounts to do so. In fact... you have a low enough post count that you could be one of "THEM."
Quote:
Good luck with your webmessenger
Thank you, I won't need it, not only do I not believe in luck, I also believe that poorly written software tends to run poorly, and well written software tends to run, well, WELL.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-29-2006, 07:42 PM   #10
Firefishe

Model: 8700c
Default Causerie Blahs

I, too, have Causerie for BlackBerry--in use on my 8700c from Cingular.

I bought a subscription to Causerie Premier two months ago, and I have yet to get my registration key from Mantra Group, the company that produces Causerie.

I had used it on my Treo 650 before I switched to the BlackBerry platform (and boy am I glad I did! ), so I'm familiar with the software. Overall, Causerie is a very good piece of software. It, like many other programs, has a few glitches now and again, sometimes too much, I like to think.

I enjoy the 'bots' feature, and I also like the ability to have two accounts per client service. It is nice to have two AIM's, two ICQ's, etc. The thing that gets me is that my overall experience as a *second time around subscriber* is that things just are not working out well at all.

First, when I bought the thing on www.mantragroup.com, their shopping cart didn't properly register my purchase with their online proof-of-purchase system, thereby leaving no record of my purchase for me or them to refer back to. Since I bought it from them, it *should be there!* Alas, it is not.

My checking account shows distinctly, a debit from Mantra Group for the amount of the Premier subscription one-year rate. I went over this point exhaustively--literally exhausting both my own mental strength and patience--with the tech today, and it was a relief when I finally received a registration code. . .that didn't work.

I have had an open support ticket with Mantra Group since May 22nd of this year. My last post to that ticket was June 29th, and the problem is still not resolved. I keep getting told that the problem will be forwarded to their developer.

Some of the more technical issues I can trace to the program hanging on a connection when Causerie has trouble connecting to it's servers, then, after a few minutes of trying to connect, using the Escape Key (8700c) to close the program. A dialog box pops up saying "Still Trying To Connect To (service/AOL, ICQ, what-have-you)." This results in Causerie in an infinite-loop-style connection hang; one can not use the click wheel to either end the program or get out of it.

Pressing the END key for the phone gets you back to the Home Screen, but doesn't stop Causerie's running in the background, ergo, <i>using up space in memory</i>. The only solution I found was resetting the device by removing the battery.

As long as Causerie can connect to it's servers, it seems to do just fine. I would almost definitely say that it pays to use MDS with this service, as I have not been able to connect using either the Direct or the http:// settings. I just got a BES/MDS hosting account with www.exchangemymail.com and using MDS has solved the issue. So long as Causerie can connect, it should work.

Well, I'm off to dinner. I hope that this thread will help others who like Causerie to help get it through to the developers, marketers, and tech support staff at Mantra Group to fix the bugs and make it a better client. I really like it, but the difficulties with the registration issues make me think that Mantra Group would be better off with a single-price-model for the software, and not a subscription service--at least right now.

Hoping this is at least of some use,
Warm regards,
Stephen Brown

Last edited by Firefishe; 06-29-2006 at 07:49 PM..
Closed Thread