BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 09:39 PM   #1
jrhanley
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Default New Adenda today program?

Please Login to Remove!

e-mailed, Mark with crossriversystems.com. They have a new today program that is supposed to be coming out next week? I saw a post on the forum about wanting beta testers for this. I responded and he said it was completed. That the program will be released next week. He e-mailed me a few screen shots and it looks cool.

Was anyone here a beta tester for this program and if so, what did you think?
Old 02-11-2005, 09:53 PM   #2
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

For other forum readers to learn more about PocketDay, I am copying and pasting:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=2850

I want to thank tirsch for his free contribution "BlackBerry PowerToy" called PTUtil that allows a BlackBerry user to change his Reply-To email address. This is being built into PocketDay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsch
PocketDay for the Blackberry is coming soon. PocketDay is a fully integrated Calendar/Task management application for color Blackberries. It has integrated views showing calendar and task events together, customizable color coded task priorities, a separate task view with priority sorting, month view with time bars, and more.

See the screen shots here:

http://crossriversystems.com/PocketD...creenShots.htm

I hope to add contact functionality as well with in-line phone number display and quick dialing, multiple sort levels (Last or First or Company) as well as category filtering. Unfortunately, the BB api's won't let me use categories at all yet, so I am waiting for RIM to implement this.

I'm open to suggestions for more functionality as well.

Send requests to [Email removed - Beta Testing Now Ended]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsch
The Beta program is now closed. I have 30 people testing for me.

PocketDay should be released in the next few weeks...Stay tuned.
(Note: I am not a beta tester)
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 02-11-2005, 10:32 PM   #3
KendallParis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8350i
Carrier: Boost

Well, I'll tell you what I think I can.

First, Mark worked some kind of hard on this. I'm not sure what others told him, but I sent him a fairly lengthy critique of it when I first started and he has corrected pretty much everything that I mentioned. He has even added a few things that weren't originally apart of the program.

He has created a program is unusually customizable by the user and to their likes and dislikes. I don't even use some of the features that are in the product, but I think a power user of a BlackBerry will really like it.

One of my main questions for him was: why would a person pay for this program instead of just using what BlackBerry has already provided?

He has given a potential user many reasons.

I know I haven't gotten too specific about the features, but I would like to be considered for other beta programs, so I don't want let out any secrets. :P
Old 02-11-2005, 11:31 PM   #4
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

Excellent preview without revealing confidential details. The point is that you're a happy beta tester who's convinced it's better than the stuff built into the BlackBerry! :D
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 02-12-2005, 03:50 AM   #5
fliedlice
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700G
Carrier: T-Mobile

this looks like a really cool program!! any idea how much it is going to cost yet?
Old 02-12-2005, 04:09 AM   #6
jrhanley

I asked Mark the same thing. He said that they would know sometime next week and that I could watch for it on their website

www.crossriversystems.com

You can e-mail him at [email address] he has been more than friendly in returning e-mails.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:00 PM   #7
roofus
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: PassP
Carrier: Bell

PocketDay is an excellent program. It is easy to set up and use and it is quick and simple to enter information. The aspect of the program that I like best is that the layout of information is clean and simple. You can quickly scan the screen and tell what your obligations are for a certain time period.
Old 02-13-2005, 11:58 PM   #8
ScOObydoo
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Curve
Carrier: tmo

The only thing I'll say about it: Mark has done the impossible, he has written an absolutely amazing product. He managed to add a lot of features without clutter, and has delivered a very stable application.

Kudos to Mark!
Old 02-17-2005, 07:35 PM   #9
rforrest

Model: 8300
Carrier: at&t

Can't wait for this program. It looks great!
Old 02-19-2005, 12:44 AM   #10
roofus

Model: PassP
Carrier: Bell

It should be released on Monday
Old 02-19-2005, 10:16 PM   #11
BB_WayCool

Its up on the website and available. I downloaded it and am really impressed! Looks like a great PIM addition to the BB.
Old 02-20-2005, 02:36 AM   #12
casmer

Model: 9530
Carrier: ATT

it does look like it will be really useful. I have downloaded it and installed it as well. there is only 1 thing that I have noticed so far that bugs me and it could be user error. but when it starts up it pulls all off my missed calls into the missed call line item. I would kind of hope that when I start the app up, it would start fresh at 0 and then start counting for that session going forward. does anyone know if this is how it is supposed to work or maybe I am doing something wrong? thanks.
Old 02-20-2005, 01:52 PM   #13
crs

Model: 8800
Carrier: cingular

Casmer,

It's supposed to work this way. It assumes that the user cleans up missed calls as they go along. Is there a reason you keep all you missed call logs around?

I was thinking of making it date specific (ie. the last 24 hours, etc.)

Mark
Old 02-20-2005, 08:06 PM   #14
casmer

tirsch,
I like the date specific idea. Is there a configuration anywhere that will allow me to set it up to only keep them around for the last 24 hours?

And I guess I don't know how to clean up my missed calls. I looked around the phone and the application for that yesterday and couldn't find an easy way to do it. As far as the application goes, I saw where I can delete a missed call from the log 1 at a time. But my list is showing up for quite a while, somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 missed calls. It is painful to delete those 1 by 1. I would assume it is possible on the phone somewhere, but for the life of me I couldn't find it.

Thanks
Old 02-20-2005, 10:29 PM   #15
crs

Model: 8800
Carrier: cingular

casmer,

To clean up your missed calls go into the email screen, hit the trackwheel and select folders from the menu. Then select MIssed Calls and you'll see them all. Then just delete them all.

Mark
Old 02-21-2005, 02:21 AM   #16
casmer

very nice, worked like a charm. this will make life easier with this application. Thanks!
Closed Thread