BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 10:25 AM   #1
kashou

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Verizon
Default 7250 bluetooth experiences?

Please Login to Remove!

I have been searching the boards but have found very little information pertaining to the 7250 (verizon) and bluetooth.

I just purchased an HS810 and I have found the sound quality to be pretty bad. Even in close range to the blackberry there are a lot of pops and clicks in the headset. On the other end, there is a faint echo on my voice.

Anyone care to share some experiences with the 7250? I was torn between the BT250 and an HS8X0 model - anyone care to recommend one over the other for the 7250?

--kash
Old 02-16-2005, 05:18 PM   #2
BB_WayCool
Knows Where the Search Button Is

kashou, I have a 7250, by the way I love even without a bluetooth headset. I have had Motorola Bluetooth headsets in the past and love the boom that tucks away etc.

That being said, I purchased the HS850 on the grey market mainly due to its rave reviews and was very dissapointed. It paired easily and the audio quality on my end was great. Unfortunately, there was a major echo on the other end that made the headset unusable.

Lesson learned was that the grey market vendor I purchased it from would not necessarily give me full credit on return. They have a 7 day return policy, but reserve the right to charge a 25% restocking fee.

Given that policy, I am going to try an exchange for the BT250. As with the HS850, there is a wide variation of reviews from I love it to its crackling much of the time and unusable.

I will post a review when I get it as it seems that BT headsets quality varies very much between BB models.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:33 AM   #3
kashou

I just tried out my HS810 in a couple of different scenarios. It seems as though it is very sensitive to any wifi signals. When I used it in a wifi-free zone, the sound quality was much better on my end. However, in all cases, the other end of the call reported hearing an echo. I really prefer the motorola form factor to the Jabra, but function before form.

BB_WayCool: I may return this one to BestBuy and try out the BT250. Did you have any luck with the BT250 swap?

--kash
Old 02-17-2005, 06:25 PM   #4
BB_WayCool

kashou, probably won't get the BT250 until next week. I will post my findings though for sure.

I used the HS850 in a number of different scenarios including right next to my WIFI router and I always had great quality on my end, but echo on the other.

I think this problem is phone dependent. Best of luck with Best Buy.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:32 PM   #5
acardina

Model: 8830
Default My experience with BT headsets and the 7250

I’ve tried about 5 different BT headests with my 7250 and they all pretty much suck in one way or another.

Here is what I’ve tried so far.

Motorola HS820 & HS810: Echo galore on other end and volume too low for me to hear.

Ericsson HBH-300: Uncomfortable to wear for extended time and volume is not loud enough.

Jabra BT250: comfortable and plenty loud, but picks up tons of background noise. People on other end sometimes complain of scratching and popping sounds. I really wanted to like this one.

Logitech Mobilefreedom: Uncomfortable to wear and looks goofy.

It's getting frustrating that there is no perfect device out there.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:43 PM   #6
kashou

Well, I just traded in my HS810 for a BT250. I will post my experiences tomorrow once I get a chance to test it out in multiple environments.

It's a bit discouraging to see how varied the bluetooth headsets are for the 7250. Hopefully one will emerge victorious...

--kash
Old 02-18-2005, 01:58 PM   #7
kashou

I've been using the BT250 pretty much all day in some different environments. 100% satisfied so far. No echo on the other end, no cracking or popping on my end.

Not sure if this behavior is consistent or not, but for now I am very happy that I found a headset that works.

--kash
Old 02-18-2005, 02:34 PM   #8
Teledatageek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530

I tried the Bluespoon AX headset. Worked OK, people said I sounded fine. Two problems that I had with it:

1. Pressing the answer button while the unit was in my ear was uncomfortable.

2. I don't like walking/driving around with a headset in my ear waiting for a call. When a call did come in, it was hard to quickly put in my ear vs. a standard headset.

I am now trying the Sony HBH-200. That also seems to work fine. I get caller ID in the little display but that's all that works for enhanced features. I'm thinking it's an issue with the 7250.

I've come to the conclusion that for me it's too much of a pain to deal with not having the wire.... following are my reasons:

1. Yet another charging cable/cord
2. I don't like keeping the headset in my ear idle.
3. Because I'm getting e-mail on my Blackberry it's not like I'm going to keep it in the console, drawer, jacket, etc. I'm usually looking at the display. Probably be different with a regular phone.

So, it was an expensive lesson with shipping costs, restock, etc.

One question - I was able to pair each headset with no problem. However, I had to connect to the headset each time the BT connection was broken (out of range, headset powered off, etc.). Is that normal, or are you automatically supposed to be connected when in range? I found it annoying to have to do that each time.

My two cents.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:59 AM   #9
BB_WayCool

Thanks for posting BT250 comments kashou! There's hope.
Old 02-20-2005, 05:51 PM   #10
BB_WayCool

Got the BT250 and so far am very impressed. Got to do some flying on Tuesday, so will see how things go with some airport and car noise.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:38 PM   #11
j_hizzo

Model: 8839
Carrier: Bell Mobility

i should be getting the hs850 soon. does anyone have any positive reviews for this headset?
Old 03-01-2005, 07:35 PM   #12
barjohn
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700
Carrier: AT&T

I have the HS850 and it works very well so far. I don't hear any noise on my end and the other end says i sound good with no echoing. I have a WiFi environment at home plus cordless phones and lots of computers. Do make sure you fully charge the unit as I have seen posted that failing to fully charge the unit can cause echo problems. PM me your number and I wil call you on it so you can hear what it sounds like. Give me a landline number so if there are problems we know it isn't your end causing the problem.

For more information see barJohn Reviews It
Active PIN 203A5535
Old 03-06-2005, 09:32 PM   #13
paulmorley

Model: 7290

From my experience, the 850 is the best normally priced headset. The extra battery life and the fact that it conserves power when closed is the best feature of all.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:42 AM   #14
p_dizzo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: BM

had my HS850 for a whopping 3 days, and i'd have to say overall, this headset is great..

certain spots, like the Bell store, or in my room where wi-fi exists.. i've had some people say they hear an echo on their end.. otherwise, i've had positive feedback from everyone else, including one time while i was going up in an elevator.. as well, in a mall, my friend said it wasn't too bad picking up my voice with all the background noise.. and it was clear enough for him..

it sounds like such a gamble with motorola's headsets and blackberries.. but i guess mine turned out to be alright, like barjohn's..

the fact that it's black, it's more discreet then other headsets, and people don't seem to notice that i'm wearing a headset(which leads to weird looks when i'm chatting) which is good and bad..
Old 03-07-2005, 01:19 AM   #15
Eric5273
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7100g
Carrier: Cingular

I have the HS850 as well. I only have my Blackberry a couple of days and I have not yet set up the bluetooth or tried it out yet, but it worked great with my last phone (Motorola Razr V3).

Also, if you have a Blackberry and any Motorola headset, they make a little adapter you may wish to purchase which will allow you to charge your headset from the Blackberry mini-USB adapter. However, they do not recommend using it to charge from a USB port of a computer. But still, it will mean one less charger you have to carry with you when you travel. Also, you can charge both the Blackberry and the headset at the same time. This is actually made for the Razr V3 which also uses a mini-USB, but should work fine with the Blackberry.

Charger Adaptor CH706 — SKN6185

Old 03-21-2005, 03:43 AM   #16
AlvinHsu

Eric5273 or anyone else,

Do you know if there's a car charger version of that dual charging mechanism you posted?

Quot'N Eric5273 " However, they do not recommend using it to charge from a USB port of a computer"

Who's "they" ? Blackberry? Just curious .... and what USB port do "they" recommend charging it from? - or am I just reading too much into it, and you just meant, the Moto mini-USB connection is not "recommmended" for any other device other then the V3 RaZR ?

Alternatively, has anyone tried using that adapter with an USB car charger?

-----

Back to the original topic of this Post, BT Headsets,

I have the MOTO 850 as well, and did notice the Echo'N issue but when I turned to volume down a bit, it seemed to have a dramatic decrease on the amount of echo'n. Has anyone else noticed this with their Echo'N BT Headsets ~ any brand?
Old 04-13-2005, 07:39 PM   #17
calgarystreetrides

Model: 7250

i have the blackberry 7250 on the telus network and i find the hs810 to be a terrible wireless i find that the volume is low and the poeple i talk to says it echos in the background would like to find one that works good

www.calgarystreetrides.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashou
I have been searching the boards but have found very little information pertaining to the 7250 (verizon) and bluetooth.

I just purchased an HS810 and I have found the sound quality to be pretty bad. Even in close range to the blackberry there are a lot of pops and clicks in the headset. On the other end, there is a faint echo on my voice.

Anyone care to share some experiences with the 7250? I was torn between the BT250 and an HS8X0 model - anyone care to recommend one over the other for the 7250?

--kash
Old 04-13-2005, 08:27 PM   #18
EdmondT

Just bought the Plantronics M2500 and the sound quality is good, better than with the phone, a BB 7250.

Not sure about how I'll like it on my ear -- I'll report after I wear it for awhile.

Edmond
Old 04-13-2005, 08:29 PM   #19
njrick

Model: 8703
Carrier: verizon

Just to add my $.02:

7250 on Verizon in NJ

Motorola HS820 - comfortable but poor sound quality (lots of echo)

Scala 500 - comfortable but lots of static

Plantronics M3000 - great audio but painful to wear

Awaiting delivery of Logitech Mobile Freedom.

Note that on all of these I could hear very well but problem was alwasy on receiving end.

You would think that after all these years of WiFi and cordless phones this wouldnt be such a difficult problem ! In every case the phone was in my pocket so it was never a distance issue, purely the quality of the microphone and the electronics.

The search continues......
Old 04-14-2005, 05:42 PM   #20
bbcpo

Model: 9530
Default Hs850

I have returned two of these headset, echo problem is real and very bad, motorola tech support was no help, problem may be with blackberry 7250 and this particular headset, after reading all the comments decided to wait till someone finds the right one with 7250. I would not recommend buying HS850 from Motorola.
Closed Thread