Old 09-01-2009, 02:02 PM   #1
Shoooda

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus
Exclamation email settings

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all
During work days I use my BB tour for the basic phone use and as a device for sending/receiving emails. During the day when I have access to my computer, I usually check my emails there and thus have my data services turned to 'off'. Now at the end of the day, I turn on the data services and then start to receive all the emails that I had checked already on my computer showing up on my BB.
Is it possible to have the device not recieve the emails I have already received?
I am just using the BIS system and I do not use outlook.

Thanks

N/B. I do know it works the other way fine; what I mean is; If I check my emails on my device (and perhaps decide to delete on both handheld and computer) I do not recieve them as 'new' on my computer.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:48 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

There is no "fool proof" way to do that. If your computer is turned off and not connected to Exchange or your email client/account after work, then you might be able to uncheck "Leave Messages on Server" but that could also backfire and not send any email to the BB and some would get through tot he BB anyway. This would delete all email from your server once it is downloaded to the PC email client. Might not be worth the risk of no mial to the BB however.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 09-01-2009, 02:51 PM   #3
Shoooda

Carrier: Telus
Default thanks

Thanks
Old 09-01-2009, 02:54 PM   #4
Sydman
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: Verizon BIS

I am on BES so it makes it easy with the reconcile. It will just delete them off my phone as I do so on the computer. So during the day I just leave my phone alone and after all is said and done no messages are on my phone that I didn't leave in my outlook.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:25 PM   #5
jkrieger
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Sprint

I guess it has to do with how BIS is connected to your mail account. I think BIS uses POP interface. If there were IMAP interface available I think things will be more exacting on either ends. Just my two cents, and hope this makes sense.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:45 PM   #6
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrieger View Post
I guess it has to do with how BIS is connected to your mail account. I think BIS uses POP interface. If there were IMAP interface available I think things will be more exacting on either ends. Just my two cents, and hope this makes sense.
BlackBerry really needs to work on true IMAP for BIS users. As good as my overall experience is right now, this would really put things over the top!
Closed Thread