Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 01:16 AM   #1
girlsdontpoo

Model: curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile
Default Email troubles

Please Login to Remove!

Hey everyone, hopefully someone can help me with my problem. Now before I get chewed out, I have checked out all the sticky threads and you can imagine how generic the search results are when I search for "not getting my emails."

My problem:
Now everything was working just fine until recently. A few days ago, my borther-in-law adds my sister to our plan and someone screwed up and shut my phone down while my sister's new phone started getting all my calls/texts. They eventually fix it 24 hours later and that is when I stopped receiving emails on my Blackberry (email worked fine while my phone was down as long as I had wifi). I guess the email updates went away when everything rebooted and I started getting my calls/texts back on my phone.

I've tried deleting my email account in my settings and re-adding it. That solves nothing. When I try to send an email, it give me a message stating, "No message services configured. You will be redirected to the Setup Wizard to setup your email account." When I hit "OK," it sends me back to the email setup that I have tried numerous times.

Any ideas as to what is wrong or how to fix it? Thanks.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:31 AM   #2
girlsdontpoo

Default Re: Email troubles

Oh and yes, I followed all the steps on the FAQ for "My Email Stopped Arriving."
Old 03-09-2011, 07:52 AM   #3
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Sounds like your BB data plan was deleted. You should call your carrier and talk with them and have them confirm that you still have it, or have them reactivate and resend service books.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 03-09-2011, 04:29 PM   #4
lprmcnit
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8530
Carrier: Verizon

ditto what Dundub said, and be sure to talk to someone with the carrier that knows what they are doing. Even with VZW you can sometimes get a knucklehead that isn't familiar with provisioning the phone correctly. Sounds like this is what might have happened when they changed service to the other phone.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:16 PM   #5
girlsdontpoo

Thanks guys. Sounds about right too, because I am no longer getting internet via 3g nor wifi. Strange that I was able to receive emails on my BB while the plan on my phone was shut down completely though..
Old 03-12-2011, 05:23 PM   #6
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

Re-register with the network via Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table and use the menu key to select "register". You might also log into the T-Mobile BIS site and resend your service books. After that's done, a battery pull for 30 seconds might set things right.
Closed Thread