Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 12:47 PM   #1
jhanson2

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Unable to resend SMS messages?

Please Login to Remove!

I'm not sure when it started, but I used to be able to resend SMS messages if the recipient didn't get it for whatever reason. Anyone know what happened to that menu option and whether it's a setting I can change? I'm usually pretty good at figuring these things out but I'm at a loss with this.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:50 PM   #2
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Are you opening the message and pressing the menu key? Or are you in the list of messages?

I don't think it should matter. I would start by removing the battery for 30 seconds (while the device is powered on) and then trying again.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Old 03-29-2009, 12:57 PM   #3
Deep88
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
Carrier: ROGERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhanson2 View Post
I'm not sure when it started, but I used to be able to resend SMS messages if the recipient didn't get it for whatever reason. Anyone know what happened to that menu option and whether it's a setting I can change? I'm usually pretty good at figuring these things out but I'm at a loss with this.
Same thing happens with mine. I think with the new OS they disabled that feature for whatever reason, the only work around now is to "forward" the message to the same contact.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:00 PM   #4
jhanson2

Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
Are you opening the message and pressing the menu key? Or are you in the list of messages?

I don't think it should matter. I would start by removing the battery for 30 seconds (while the device is powered on) and then trying again.
I'm all too familiar with the default battery-pull option, but I have to agree with Deep88 that I think they disabled that option and now only allow you to forward the message. In areas where there is spotty coverage, I used to have to resend messages a couple times a week. Just wondering if this was an intended "feature" of the new OS.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:47 PM   #5
lhsonic

Carrier: Rogers

Wirelessly posted

Odd, but that feature has always worked for me and I'm on 199 previously 168 and lower. Before you could resend at any time but now, you can only resend within either the first 2 seconds or anytime if the message fails to send (red x)
Old 03-29-2009, 05:33 PM   #6
Deep88

Model: 9800
Carrier: ROGERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsonic View Post
Wirelessly posted

Odd, but that feature has always worked for me and I'm on 199 previously 168 and lower. Before you could resend at any time but now, you can only resend within either the first 2 seconds or anytime if the message fails to send (red x)
Where did you get OS .199? I am assuming it is a beta release?
Old 06-04-2009, 03:54 AM   #7
disk4mat

Model: 9000
Carrier: Maxis

Try to power up the phone, without sim card, then restart it again and this time start it normally with sim card..
Closed Thread