Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 05:46 PM   #1
PCgirl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iP 4S
Carrier: AT&T
Thumbs up Krusell Multidapt® Leather Cases for Pearl 8100

Please Login to Remove!

A case is an absolute must! I keep my beautiful Pearl in my purse or on a neck or wrist strap and I was always paranoid that I was going to bump, drop or scratch it!

I found out about the Krusell line of cases from one of the posts on the 8100 forum. I had also bought one of those over-priced clear/smoke-colored hard plastic cases and a plastic screen guard.

First of all, I absolutely hated the plastic case because it was almost impossible to open every time I had to access the battery or media card. I risked scratching the Pearl (and cutting myself, LOL!) each time because I had to use a knife or letter opener in order to separate the two halves (thanks for your help TheBigNewt!!!). Plus, I bought the case on impulse from one of those mall kiosks where everything is marked up about 500% (wish I had bought one of those rubberized ones from Seidio but being a BB newbie, I didn't know about Seidio at the time!). I paid $20 for an "el cheapo" (borrowed the term from one the Pearl guys on the 8100 thread) case and $15 for a 1.5" x 1.5" piece of plastic "shield" which wasn't even attached to the Pearl screen. Yup, $35 (plus tax) wasted. I used the case for three days and gave up. Boy, was I glad when the Krusell arrived! That cheap (rip-off) plastic thing is now in a drawer somewhere.

But, I LOVE the Krusell Multidapt® case! I previously never liked the look of leather cases because they always looked cheap and too bulky and never seemed to fit correctly. Someone on the 8100 thread mentioned that the Krusell cases fit like a glove and they posted a photo of the case and it didn't look too bad. I figured that if I didn't ilke the case IRL, I could always return it. I mean, one of the reasons we love the Pearl so much is because of its small size, so why make the thing look big and bulky with a case, right?

So, when I received my case, the first thing I thought was that it looked really tiny! I mean, it almost looked smaller than the Pearl! LOL!

The case I got was the soft leather CLASSIC WITH MULTIDAPT® case, which covers the entire phone and has openings for easy access to all buttons, speaker and ports, etc. The entire face is clear soft plastic (except for an opening for the trackball) so the screen and buttons are totally protected from dirt and scatches. The camera has a protective snap cover as well. The case zips shut with a tiny, form-fitting zipper and fits...yup, LIKE A GLOVE!

Probably the best feature of the case is the patented MULTIDAPT® system. This system allows you to use the optional belt cilp (included) or switch them out for any of the other adapters according to your needs. I personally don't use the belt clip every day (but I keep it in my purse, just in case I decide to use it), but I attach my lanyard/strap to the "hoop" on the multidapt® and my Pearl is secure!

The "demographic" for the RED LABEL series (the CLASSIC falls into this category because of it's durability, I guess) includes construction workers and road builders (surprising because the case looks very classy and elegant, not really rugged or outdoorsy, but hey, whatever works, right?)! You KNOW your Pearl is protected if constuction workers use these! LOL!

There are a bunch of other cases to fit everyone's tastes and lifestyles. They have categories geared towards corporate, sports, outdoor, elegant and everyday needs.
I rate this Swedish company out of !!!

Multidapt® demo video:
www.multidapt.com

Krusell CLASSIC with Multidapt® Leather Case:
Krusell

For those of you who don't want the front of their Pearl covered in plastic, there is also a CABRIOLET version. The Pearl can be easily pulled out of the top of the case:
Krusell
Attached Images
File Type: jpg krusell_bb8100.jpg (17.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg krusell_bb8100_cab.jpg (16.2 KB, 12 views)
Old 03-13-2007, 04:22 PM   #2
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Duplicate Post. Please see other thread in the Reviews Forum.
http://www.blackberryforums.com/bbf-...100-pearl.html

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread